Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From the player's viewpoint- Did the University uphold it's end of the agreement and put a competitive team on the field?

Clearly- he is a very smart kid earning an Engineering Degree. Hopefully, he graduated with zero debt - He will have a bright future no matter what path he chooses.
He IS smart. Is he a football player that will help UConn progress? Does anyone want to ask the tough questions?

Reaction Score
From the player's viewpoint- Did the University uphold it's end of the agreement and put a competitive team on the field?
Again no attack @ Big Ten Fan: Who has no dog in the fight. So why be in this one? Please post the contract where a school guarantees to put a competitive team on the field. Do they do that in the Big Ten?
Not everyone is healthy and can play this Saturday…. Consider that and if you can’t play this weekend, why wait on the portal.
No attack @Exit 4 I appreciate many of your posts. Why wait on the portal? It's called being a teammate. ;)

I guess it's old fhats like me that will come early with a few other old fhats and stay until the end, not understanding how the love in print is not shown in reality.
Again I wish him nothing but the best.

Reaction Score
Again no attack @ Big Ten Fan: Who has no dog in the fight. So why be in this one? Please post the contract where a school guarantees to put a competitive team on the field. Do they do that in the Big Ten?

No attack @Exit 4 I appreciate many of your posts. Why wait on the portal? It's called being a teammate. ;)

I guess it's old fhats like me that will come early with a few other old fhats and stay until the end, not understanding how the love in print is not shown in reality.
Again I wish him nothing but the best.
I will say this- I remember when RE came in for part deux and sat a lot of the veterans and played his own young kids (which he had the right to do) the Yard for the most part discussed the merits of the decision from a context of wins and losses and being competitive. Very few people (not sure about you Woof) touched on the concept that behind closed doors (which some of the former players shined a light on) these veterans were told to basically leave town before the season even ended. They were told they weren’t good enough and they would never play another snap. So they had to endure coming to work at a place where they were told to take a hike.

Not saying that’s the case here but at minimum introduce that concept as a possibility, along with injuries or whatever else could have driven this decision and not be so stuck on what you think the optics of how his season should have ended because of what’s palatable to you- with literally no background info (unless you do know that this was totally selfish on his part- perhaps you know him or have eyes in that locker room? )

Everyone has a right to opine on what they think this young man should have done but if none of us are in the locker room or in these kids living rooms with their families then whatever opinion we hurl out there is pretty self absorbed and self serving.

These players are not chattel rolled out on Saturdays for the sole purpose of entertaining us. They want to succeed in life and be good teammates and good citizens and learning the balance of sport and doing what’s best for their lives.

And from what I saw, several teammates gave him a nice parting shot in response to his farewell which seems to indicate they were just fine with his decision and when he decided to take action for his own life.

Just my two cents(sense)

Reaction Score
I will say this- I remember when RE came in for part deux and sat a lot of the veterans and played his own young kids (which he had the right to do) the Yard for the most part discussed the merits of the decision from a context of wins and losses and being competitive. Very few people (not sure about you Woof) touched on the concept that behind closed doors (which some of the former players shined a light on) these veterans were told to basically leave town before the season even ended. They were told they weren’t good enough and they would never play another snap. So they had to endure coming to work at a place where they were told to take a hike.

Not saying that’s the case here but at minimum introduce that concept as a possibility, along with injuries or whatever else could have driven this decision and not be so stuck on what you think the optics of how his season should have ended because of what’s palatable to you- with literally no background info (unless you do know that this was totally selfish on his part- perhaps you know him or have eyes in that locker room? )

Everyone has a right to opine on what they think this young man should have done but if none of us are in the locker room or in these kids living rooms with their families then whatever opinion we hurl out there is pretty self absorbed and self serving.

These players are not chattel rolled out on Saturdays for the sole purpose of entertaining us. They want to succeed in life and be good teammates and good citizens and learning the balance of sport and doing what’s best for their lives.

And from what I saw, several teammates gave him a nice parting shot in response to his farewell which seems to indicate they were just fine with his decision and when he decided to take action for his own life.

Just my two cents(sense)

His decision to do that drove the program straight into oblivion.

It cratered the morale of the team and made us look so much worse than we really were.

Reaction Score
None of these recent de-commits and early portal entry announcements were voluntary moves. They were all asked to leave by Coach Mora. Fourth year players who were granted an extra (Covid) year were either offered a spot on the 2022 roster (a choice which some will accept and others decline) or they were told they're not in our plans for next year. To continue playing they were told to seek another landing place. Jeremy Lucien is merely the first of those to publicly announce he won't be back. Other names (some surprising) will soon be coming to light. Also, no one on the current football staff has been allowed to deal with recruits. The new staff will solely handle that function. Bottom line, we’re on the brink of a cosmic shift. As the sun sets Saturday afternoon, we will simultaneously witness the dawn of a new hopeful era for UConn Football. In Mora We Trust will become the new school motto. I'm all in. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
None of these recent de-commits and early portal entry announcements were voluntary moves. They were all asked to leave by Coach Mora. Fourth year players who were granted an extra (Covid) year were either offered a spot on the 2022 roster (a choice which some will accept and others decline) or they were told they're not in our plans for next year. To continue playing they were told to seek another landing place. Jeremy Lucien is merely the first of those to publicly announce he won't be back. Other names (some surprising) will soon be coming to light. Also, no one on the current football staff has been allowed to deal with recruits. The new staff will solely handle that function. Bottom line, we’re on the brink of a cosmic shift. As the sun sets Saturday afternoon, we will simultaneously witness the dawn of a new hopeful era for UConn Football. In Mora We Trust will become the new school motto. I'm all in. Go Huskies!
Wait, Lucien is good enough for an SEC team, but not us? Did we slip into another universe?

Reaction Score
I don’t know what happened so I’m not going to knock Lucien, the old staff or the new staff. But I will say this — I have never accepted that it’s o.k. for a coach to walk out on a team before the season is over, and I’m hard pressed to see a situation where I think it’s o.k. for a player to do so.

But I recognize both now do it all the time, and I do wish him well. I assume Mora has a plan. I just hope it’s a successful one.

Reaction Score
I don’t know what happened so I’m not going to knock Lucien, the old staff or the new staff. But I will say this — I have never accepted that it’s o.k. for a coach to walk out on a team before the season is over, and I’m hard pressed to see a situation where I think it’s o.k. for a player to do so.

But I recognize both now do it all the time, and I do wish him well. I assume Mora has a plan. I just hope it’s a successful one.
I find it odd the kid left with one game left. this entire season has been a logistical nightmare So maybe he decided not to risk injury. I would expect a huge exodus, once again with regime change. mora JB is to just hammer that portal and juco ranks.

Reaction Score
I would expect the exodus to be huge. You don’t become one of if not the worst team in all of FBS with a ton of talent on sidelines. I know it’s romantic to hope kids stay and mora coaches them up to be respectable but honestly there are kids on that sideline who got a scholarship without the talent to justify it. No fault of theirs but it is what it is. If results are gonna change so too are the ingredients. Otherwise you have a different chef with same ingredients the dinner is not gonna be much better

Reaction Score
There are any number of FBS and FCS schools with great engineering programs. Not to mention UConn which is pretty good itself. Guessing that when the music stops he wants to make sure he has a billet. Probably a smart move. His billet at UConn was not assured. Smart guy. He knew that.

Engineers are trained to look at things from the outside in with brutal honesty. Not how they would like them to be.

Reaction Score
I would expect the exodus to be huge. You don’t become one of if not the worst team in all of FBS with a ton of talent on sidelines. I know it’s romantic to hope kids stay and mora coaches them up to be respectable but honestly there are kids on that sideline who got a scholarship without the talent to justify it. No fault of theirs but it is what it is. If results are gonna change so too are the ingredients. Otherwise you have a different chef with same ingredients the dinner is not gonna be much better

I think this is extraordinarily harsh. YOU may think they owe you a respectable football program. I think the thoughtful members of this fanbase know we can just be lacking certain components of a full team ... and we are just not gonna win against the cfb world that is a tough game. I don't think it is time to piss on the 2021 guys ... it hasn't been an easy year. And I think we saw lots of effort.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I do not begrudge these men at all. They have to do what is in their best interest first. I wish them all success.

That said, I worry that so many of them are landing at programs that are WAY below competitive top tier college football. I hope the new coach recruits players that can compete at the highest level.

Reaction Score
I think this is extraordinarily harsh. YOU may think they owe you a respectable football program. I think the thoughtful members of this fanbase know we can just be lacking certain components of a full team ... and we are just not gonna win against the cfb world that is a tough game. I don't think it is time to piss on the 2021 guys ... it hasn't been an easy year. And I think we saw lots of effort.
Reality can be harsh. I don’t believe he said anything wrong here about the ingredients. It’s cool to call it how it is, without having to sugar coat things. These are men playing a man sport, not women. Men now and days are too emotional.

Reaction Score
If that’s the case wouldn’t it make more sense to cut players after the season? I’m sure some of the players are going into tomorrows game wondering if they’re next to be cut.

Reaction Score
The athletes we saw on the field this year were much better than the last few. That's what makes the losses all the worse. The conceivably could have won 4-6 games this year with a better offensive game plan and a healthy Tyler Phommachanh. They were not constantly outclassed on every play. Do you remember a couple of years ago when it would be rare to force a punt? Or even in the Diaco years where the corners lined up 20 yards down field? Much better in every regard other than where it counts, Ws and Ls.

Reaction Score
This may have been Lucien's choice. He has been here for 4 years. He could be graduating and is interested in a grad program that VANDY can offer him.
I was responding to the point that none of the de-commits and portal announcements were voluntary... if this was Lucien's decision, and you make an excellent argument, then I'm all for the young man. In fact, either way, he's a step ahead.

Reaction Score
Reality can be harsh. I don’t believe he said anything wrong here about the ingredients. It’s cool to call it how it is, without having to sugar coat things. These are men playing a man sport, not women. Men now and days are too emotional.
Men???? College football players that are typically at most 4 to 5 years removed from high school?

Reaction Score
Given the way we've seen the team effort level drop for some of the other coaches who were clearly on their way out (the end of the Diaco-era in particular); this team has done a good job maintaining a high level of effort. The talent level may be lacking, but there has not been a lack of effort on the players part. It's made it much easier to keep watching through all the frustration this year... and to root for those who depart wherever their future endeavors may take them.

Reaction Score

watch the games

We aren't totally lacking talent and you all are broad brushing 85 guys ... it is harsh. We are one of the youngest - in terms of FR/RFR/So in the nation. Let's just see what a new voice can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom