Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is putting your name in the portal during the season a sign of how much better the other tight ends happen to be, or a sign that you have little hope a good coaching staff will be put in place at the end of the season?
I'm opting for the former based on a true freshman getting a lot of playing time ahead of him.
Or the Edsalls promised playing time for Their recruits.
Medlock was an Edsall(s) recruit. Offered in 2018.

My guess is another program back-channeled interest.

Reaction Score
I remember this player being pretty good and his brother being recruited by good programs. Just curious if coaches offer players from a high school in order to develop relationships and get future recruits? It seemed like BD was doing that in NJ.

Reaction Score
I remember this player being pretty good and his brother being recruited by good programs. Just curious if coaches offer players from a high school in order to develop relationships and get future recruits?
This ^^.

Look @ RE/CE relationship since 2016/2017 w/ Jacksonville/Space Coast area programs. Every time we change coaches I learn all about new high schools in new areas based on the new coaches relationships.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

This is a player that showed steady improvement on the field from his first days until through this year. He's a top notch student, finishing his undergrad degree in engineering on time, so the next stop in 2022 is grad school. Would have been nice to keep him for that post grad year - we certainly could use him as the roster is thin on mature body kids. I expect he will land at a place with high academics.

Reaction Score
What's odd about the Lucien transfer is that he was on the UCF pre-game depth chart as the starter, but didn't play and enters the transfer portal days before the last game of the season. He wouldn't lose any eligibility if he played this week.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What's odd about the Lucien transfer is that he was on the UCF pre-game depth chart as the starter, but didn't play and enters the transfer portal days before the last game of the season. He wouldn't lose any eligibility if he played this week.
Some players decide that waiting an extra week to get in the portal isn't smart.

Reaction Score
He’s a good kid. They’re all good kids. He also got absolutely shredded against Middle Tennessee at the last home game.

Reaction Score
He’s a good kid. They’re all good kids. He also got absolutely shredded against Middle Tennessee at the last home game.
He's had some good moments as well. We are a 1 win team against an Ivy school team. We will survive any loss off the team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Some players decide that waiting an extra week to get in the portal isn't smart.
Yep - getting in early gives you a head start, don’t blame Lucien at all.

Best of luck to him, seems like a good kid and super intelligent.

Also prevents to possibility of getting injured in a game where your heart isn't fully in it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Class act:

This is a completely class act to do. This man is gracious and respectful. I love when players are able to leave after a coaching change and still respect the incoming staff and wish them well.

Graduating with a degree in engineering while playing FBS football is No joke and amazing. Best of luck to him and I love that he always sees himself as a Husky.

Reaction Score
Looking at the schools these players went to shows our roster was largely FCS and D2 level talent.

Reaction Score
This is a completely class act to do. This man is gracious and respectful. I love when players are able to leave after a coaching change and still respect the incoming staff and wish them well.

Graduating with a degree in engineering while playing FBS football is No joke and amazing. Best of luck to him and I love that he always sees himself as a Husky.
I agree, a class act.

I am guessing his transfer has a lot more to do with academics than football. I bet he ends up at a program that will enhance the engineering degree he has earned.

Reaction Score
Now we know the reason, I wish him well in all endeavors of life. Hard to understand what a difference a week would make and with all the love he expressed for the school and his teammates. Why dump out on them before the last game, senior day?

I simply don't buy into the week early advantage or possibly an injury excuse. Again I wish him well but no Husky hug from this fan.

I for one will have a much deeper respect for any players that may hit the portal but stood by the team to the end. Thus walking the walk and not just talk'n the talk.

Reaction Score
Now we know the reason, I wish him well in all endeavors of life. Hard to understand what a difference a week would make and with all the love he expressed for the school and his teammates. Why dump out on them before the last game, senior day?

I simply don't buy into the week early advantage or possibly an injury excuse. Again I wish him well but no Husky hug from this fan.

I for one will have a much deeper respect for any players that may hit the portal but stood by the team to the end. Thus walking the walk and not just talk'n the talk.
From the player's viewpoint- Did the University uphold it's end of the agreement and put a competitive team on the field?

Clearly- he is a very smart kid earning an Engineering Degree. Hopefully, he graduated with zero debt - He will have a bright future no matter what path he chooses.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Not everyone is healthy and can play this Saturday…. Consider that and if you can’t play this weekend, why wait on the portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom