Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kinda of thought someone else beyond someone like Early was leaving on the OL when the said at the Dec signing they are looking for a grad OL.
Wonder if was one that stayed home during covid. California.

Reaction Score

Interesting, just noticed that Luke Magliozzi deleted his original transfer announcement from Twitter not sure it means anything but interesting nonetheless.

mags.png

C

Chief00

I was looking at the transfer portal today and it's clear that losing 10 to 12 players through the portal in a year seems to be the norm with outliers on both sides. It is really hard to find find a team with less than 4 players in the portal. I didn't go through all the teams, but here are some samples:

Tennessee - 22
North Carolina - 18
Mississippi St. - 17
Washington St. - 16
Georgia Tech - 16
South Florida - 15
UMass - 15
Temple - 15
Florida St. - 13
Rutgers - 12
Michigan - 12
Texas - 12
UNLV - 12
Arizona St. - 12
South Carolina - 11
Nebraska - 11
Notre Dame - 11
Akron - 11
Arizona - 10
LSU - 10
Syracuse - 10
Louisville - 10
Duke - 9
Illinois - 9
BC - 8
Penn St. - 8
Virginia Tech - 8
Houston - 8
ECU - 8

The outliers that I found:

Ohio St. - 1
Pitt - 2
Alabama - 4
Clemson - 4
It may be too that these 4 teams had longer seasons than most, so the timeline might be later .

Reaction Score
The same person must write most of these good byes after it starts with the complimenting Randy BS, the truth starts with “with that being said” - LOL
The content of the tweet is what every kid writes when he transfers from any school. But, in your mind, the content is UConn and Randy Edsall specific. We get it, you dislike me Edsall.

Reaction Score
Good read on the overflowing transfer portal:

->While available players are on the rise, available spots are plummeting. The NCAA’s annual 25-man signing limit is reducing opportunities, and the organization's decision to grant an extra year to athletes in light of COVID-19, while sensible, is creating a “super freshman" class that will further minimize roster spots.<-

->However, portal numbers can be skewed. As many as one-third of those players are walk-ons, according to an SI examination of the portal. As of last week, only 964 of the 1,500 FBS players in the portal garnered a recruiting ranking from 247Sports (a vast majority of the other 500 are walk-ons).

Of the 964, nearly 60% (558) are uncommitted and still searching for a landing spot. The 964 players are split between those transferring from the Power 5 (557 players) and those transferring from the Group of Five (407 players). In a striking statistic, of the 299 Power 5 players who have committed to a new school, 60% took a step down in level, their next destination a Group of Five or FCS school. Just one-third of Group of Five transfers stepped up to the Power 5.<-

Reaction Score
The same person must write most of these good byes after it starts with the complimenting Randy BS, the truth starts with “with that being said” - LOL

You must be new to kids transferring huh?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
No, I am used to Randy’s BS.
Chief- remember who was the architect who gave you all those good years of UConn football? Yes Randy. While you might not like his rebuild, he still gave you joy years ago. If you are still angry with how he left, don't blame him for the show that followed. He didn't hire, PP or POS. Blame Hathaway and Warde for those.

C

Chief00

Chief- remember who was the architect who gave you all those good years of UConn football? Yes Randy. While you might not like his rebuild, he still gave you joy years ago. If you are still angry with how he left, don't blame him for the show that followed. He didn't hire, PP or POS. Blame Hathaway and Warde for those.

Granted. Just judging him now on his current tenure. Life is full of necessary adjustments, some people make them others don’t.
Right now the NYT’s has glorified him for choosing not to compete on the field this year, which 127 other teams have done without an incident traced to in game activity.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good read on the overflowing transfer portal:

->While available players are on the rise, available spots are plummeting. The NCAA’s annual 25-man signing limit is reducing opportunities, and the organization's decision to grant an extra year to athletes in light of COVID-19, while sensible, is creating a “super freshman" class that will further minimize roster spots.<-

->However, portal numbers can be skewed. As many as one-third of those players are walk-ons, according to an SI examination of the portal. As of last week, only 964 of the 1,500 FBS players in the portal garnered a recruiting ranking from 247Sports (a vast majority of the other 500 are walk-ons).

Of the 964, nearly 60% (558) are uncommitted and still searching for a landing spot. The 964 players are split between those transferring from the Power 5 (557 players) and those transferring from the Group of Five (407 players). In a striking statistic, of the 299 Power 5 players who have committed to a new school, 60% took a step down in level, their next destination a Group of Five or FCS school. Just one-third of Group of Five transfers stepped up to the Power 5.<-

Seems like a validation of recruiting. Way more players were P5 players looking for more PT in the G5 than there were G5 players moving up the P5.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Granted. Just judging him now on his current tenure. Life is full of necessary adjustments, some people make them others don’t.
Right now the NYT’s has glorified him for choosing not to compete on the field this year, which 127 other teams have done without an incident traced to in game activity.
1. Who cares about the NYT? And really who cares about their sports section?
2. The state Dept of Health has wreaked havoc on the basketball teams - what do you think they did with football? It wasn't up to him, it was shut down by those above him. Either UConn admin didn't want the extra testing expense or my guess is that the new and relatively weak UConn administration didn't want to push back against the state and the football program was the canarie in the mine shaft to say. They wouldn't cause problems and could save a few bucks in the process. Again, no RE. Whatever he says since or after is all coach speak.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I thought you were smart enough to realize that wasn't really Randy's call. State DPH runs the show.

Turnover on this roster has been pretty much at normal churn which considering we didn't play is actually rather impressive.

2020 is over, its all about 2021. Pivotal year on multiple levels. Randy has done it before, he can do it again.

Randy 2.0 lovers / Randy 2.0 haters, one of these two groups will probably have their moment in November.

Yes its been a tough few years. I think the inflection point starts in Fresno.

PS - Although I dont expect him to play in 2021, I have super high hopes for Tyler P. We all have to be patient enough to see that guy take the field. I think his ceiling is super high. The kind of dude that can carry a team. Lets keep the spirits up until Tyler gets his moment.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

I thought you were smart enough to realize that wasn't really Randy's call. State DPH runs the show.

Turnover on this roster has been pretty much at normal churn which considering we didn't play is actually rather impressive.

2020 is over, its all about 2021. Pivotal year on multiple levels. Randy has done it before, he can do it again.

Randy 2.0 lovers / Randy 2.0 haters, one of these two groups will probably have their moment in November.

Yes its been a tough few years. I think the inflection point starts in Fresno.

PS - Although I dont expect him to play in 2021, I have super high hopes for Tyler P. We all have to be patient enough to see that guy take the field. I think his ceiling is super high. The kind of dude that can carry a team. Lets keep the spirits up until Tyler gets his moment.
People can influence who runs the show - you watch.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
People can influence who runs the show - you watch.
Dan Hurley has had zero luck. Are we not the most conservative on COVid in mens BB? Sure seems that way and I doubt Dan is super thrilled about it.

Yes, how spring ball is conducted could be telling about the Edsall/DPH nexus. But no matter what happens this spring with practice, I will reserve final judgement for July/August. July/August becomes the put up or shut up moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom