Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

ahhhhh........Chief.........that was sarcasm. After you posted on the issue for the 4 millionth time I thought that would be obvious......but I guess not.
Chief likes to focus on the science.

Reaction Score
Good gets this week by temple and bc. I’ll remain interested to see if we get green light to hold +85 schollies

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
With schools being able to exceed the normal roster limitations, they are not going to take kids to fill roster spots or add depth. Unless you're in a bad situation or playing on a good team where you can't start but have some game film, transferring is probably a bad move unless you're willing to move down a level.

Reaction Score
Wait, what .....

Anyone else catch this line from Courant article on recruits?

“Edsall said he’ll be keeping an eye on the transfer portal for more players who fit.”
Yup... Makes way too much sense... The build from 20 years ago doesn't jive today....BUT we can't just get "any" guys to fill the roster...... We need impactful players... We gotta push towards P5 level (SEC, B1G are the main 2 IMO)... That means even looking at kids who might've suffered an injury, missed a year due to recovery, but, before they got hurt, balled out... We need kids that legimately WILL take one of our current starters spots.. It'll help elevate our level of play... My two cents...

Reaction Score
I realize it doesn't always pan out but moves like Temple made this week.. getting a QB transfer from Univ of Georgia is kinda what I'm talking about that needs to start happen here on a regular basis... No more DII All Americans, no more camp fodder from P5 programs (lesser ones) that end up here and barely contribute and simply wash out.. No more of these kinds of fliers

More like this:

Reaction Score
Wait, what .....

Anyone else catch this line from Courant article on recruits?

“Edsall said he’ll be keeping an eye on the transfer portal for more players who fit.”
I think depth at linebacker and DB couldn't hurt. Especially if they can step in and get some snaps right away.

Reaction Score
There’s so many guys hitting the portal for Randy and staff to not be able to land a few guys who can help would be alarming.

Reaction Score
I’d like the portal strategy to focus on:

1. Bringing state kids home
2. Focus then on regional kids
3. 1-2 year pieces to bridge to allow developmental recruits time.

Find those CT studs that went elsewhere and bring them home. We are not getting 4/5 star recruits out of hs, but I’d love to see us show these kids there’s no place like home.

We could do same for kids from New England, NY, NJ and PA

Reaction Score
James Tunstall transferring from Stony Brook to Cincinnati..

Interesting as he didn't play this year. I remember they picked up a kid for one year i think last year or the year before from Rhode Island as a grad transfer at OT and he ended up all league. Be curious to see how he does next year, big kid. I think one of their tackles this year was a basketball player at Miami U. so somebody down there has a good eye. Cites friendship with Beavers.

Reaction Score
Interesting as he didn't play this year. I remember they picked up a kid for one year i think last year or the year before from Rhode Island as a grad transfer at OT and he ended up all league. Be curious to see how he does next year, big kid. I think one of their tackles this year was a basketball player at Miami U. so somebody down there has a good eye. Cites friendship with Beavers.

FCS Schools are planning to play this upcoming Spring. Happy he was able move back up to FBS. Hope he makes it to the NFL. Those are his aspirations

Reaction Score
As a redshirt sophomore, the talented lineman was named an FCS sophomore first-team All American and played in all 12 of Stony Brook’s games.

If he couldn't play here, that proves how good our offensive line actually was. :rolleyes:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
As a redshirt sophomore, the talented lineman was named an FCS sophomore first-team All American and played in all 12 of Stony Brook’s games.

If he couldn't play here, that proves how good our offensive line actually was.

The guy ahead of him is Van Demark- our best lineman outside of Matt Peart. Unless he wanted to wait to this year, he wasn't going to play.

Reaction Score
The guy ahead of him is Van Demark- our best lineman outside of Matt Peart. Unless he wanted to wait to this year, he wasn't going to play.
I think he was also a bit of a project out of high school which a lot of offensive linemen are. If there is one position group who would benefit from an FCS like freshman team it would be lineman. He clearly had the athletic tools and size, but there is a lot of footwork and strength stuff both in the weight room, but also growing into your body. Typically that group pays big dividends in years 3 to 5.

Reaction Score

If he couldn't play here, that proves how good our offensive line actually was. :rolleyes:
It was done literally by a single guy that covers FCS D2 D3 for his website. He had a team mate of the same class on their OLine that made All Conference by the coaches. He wasn't on any of the conference teams.
Hope he does great, seems to fill a need and he'll have better coaching and comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom