Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle)

Reaction Score
As much as I love seeing new faces coming in and making an impact like this year, I will find it tough to keep interest in the team if there is significant turnover from year to year. One thing I’ve loved about sports is seeing players grow and develop over the years, especially in college.
I hear ya… it’s a new world. Gonna take getting used to.

Reaction Score
I knew this was coming in my gut. Nate was watching Rosa get all these accolades and Houston is very explosive too. I’m sure it hurt Nate feeling forgotten. It’s just human nature. He was hurt and he had to watch these guys succeed in his place. He probably feels a little lost even though he shouldn’t. EJ pounced on it and frankly, I don’t blame him. He’s trying to survive too. Nate will make him look real good in Lincoln.

Reaction Score
Disappointed but the silver lining is we have a coach who will win in the portal. The portal is a game changer, whether one likes it or not. Mora, has accepted the reality and will do what it takes to win. (Unlike previous coach).

Reaction Score
I knew this was coming in my gut. Nate was watching Rosa get all these accolades and Houston is very explosive too. I’m sure it hurt Nate feeling forgotten. It’s just human nature. He was hurt and he had to watch these guys succeed in his place. He probably feels a little lost even though he shouldn’t. EJ pounced on it and frankly, I don’t blame him. He’s trying to survive too. Nate will make him look real good in Lincoln.
I doubt it. Carter knows he was the #1 and performed. He was offered an opportunity in Lincoln instead of Storrs. If a coach he trusts thinks he can play in the Big Ten, he's not the only person who would go.

This is the new reality. At our current level of play, we risk losing our best players to the P-5, and substituting players leaving the P-5 who weren't starting and want to.

Reaction Score
The grass isn’t always greener. Nebraska will get recruit alot of good RBs. There will be a competition nothing guaranteed.

Reaction Score
That’s too bad - Nate Carter has a chance at the NFL and it won’t be as a husky.

Reaction Score
I doubt it. Carter knows he was the #1 and performed. He was offered an opportunity in Lincoln instead of Storrs. If a coach he trusts thinks he can play in the Big Ten, he's not the only person who would go.

This is the new reality. At our current level of play, we risk losing our best players to the P-5, and substituting players leaving the P-5 who weren't starting and want to.
Honest question if anyone has the answer. With this portal now being what it is, are other coaches allowed to reach out to players to influence a portal decision? I think it would be really shady if he ends up at Nebraska if it’s not allowed.

Reaction Score
LMAO. Rosa was good but Carter was significantly ahead of Rosa this year. This is a real loss, even with the depth we have at the position assuming Brewton and Houston come back healthy.
Wow, significantly ahead? Did you watch the whole season or stop half way through?

Rose is a star! He was racking up touchdowns like no other running back has ever done in a Husky uniform as a freshman. Trying to minimize the impact of Rosa? Again, Wow.

I do agree losing Carter is not good - he was great running back from the little we saw of him this year.

If we had to lose any key players, the running back position is one we are quite deep.

I will miss seeing Carter as a Husky but hope it all work out for him.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
LMAO. Rosa was good but Carter was significantly ahead of Rosa this year. This is a real loss, even with the depth we have at the position assuming Brewton and Houston come back healthy.
I’m not saying it’s a big loss, it is, but if Rosa will continue to get a big workload why would Carter stick around?

Reaction Score
Honest question if anyone has the answer. With this portal now being what it is, are other coaches allowed to reach out to players to influence a portal decision? I think it would be really shady if he ends up at Nebraska if it’s not allowed.

I don't know what the rules are about poaching, but there is no doubt in my mind it's going on and will only accelerate with the recent advent of the portal. I think it will only continue to proliferate as NIL programs get developed and abused so that kids are also drawn away by money. This is heading very quickly to full fledged professional free agency.

Reaction Score
Total love/hate relationship with this portal! I was afraid of this happening. Carter was our top guy going into next year and is totally a P5 caliber back. Rosa will be good…but he’s still has to bulk up a little. I think we’re in decent shape still. And good news…when someone leaves you can bring someone in from the portal. Totally hate to lose Carter tho…dagger in the heart!

Reaction Score
Didn't our WR coach come from Old Dominion, and subsequently we got 2 transfers from ODU? This is what it is. If he ends up at Nebraska no need to be upset at Barthell or Nate. Accept its part of the process and move on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Everything is allowed. Its the Wild West right now.

It’s even worse when a Head Coach switches jobs.

Reaction Score
I’m not saying it’s a big loss, it is, but if Rosa will continue to get a big workload why would Carter stick around?

Is this a serious post?

Rosa got those carries because Houston, Brewton, Carter etc were out.

It was a good opportunity for Rosa but he was the beneficiary of those injuries. Carter would 100% be the first choice and it wouldn’t be close.

Reaction Score
I don't know what the rules are about poaching, but there is no doubt in my mind it's going on and will only accelerate with the recent advent of the portal. I think it will only continue to proliferate as NIL programs get developed and abused so that kids are also drawn away by money. This is heading very quickly to full fledged professional free agency.
We benefit from it too though - look at this past year! It is sign of the times.

Reaction Score
Color me gobsmacked, but I agree, the portal marketplace is very active and Mora and company will find a great replacement.

But this suggests that there is recruiting going on prior to portal entry. Sux.

Reaction Score
Y'all, Mora is already doing the leg work to replace the kid with high end portal running back. It's unfortunate that Carter is leaving, but he won't be sorely missed in the long run.
Lot of hand wringing. This is the new normal for all programs moving forward. With Burns moving on, they need to bring in a bigger back for blocking and short yardage to complement the smaller/shifter backs. This opens up a carries for a potential transfer here. Carter was awesome but he made his decision.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom