Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle)

Reaction Score
And Carter’s decision may ultimately not be that helpful for him. Wishing him the best of luck, but he was a star here and is now joining a crowded backfield at MSU
The backfield he is walking into at MSU is far worse than ours. It is not very crowded with good players.

Reaction Score
What? Michigan St. returns their leading rusher and they got the leading rusher from USF 2 years ago who is a big back. And, they brought in a very fast HS RB. They have more RB depth than UConn right now.
The guy they brought in from USF had 100 yards last year and the lead back last year at MSU had same yards and 5 less touchdowns than Victor Rosa did this year and Rosa didn't even start a good deal of the season. The RB room at MSU is anything but crowded.

Reaction Score
I think what it shows is the players enjoyed the first year. Also, 50% of players in portal don’t get placed.

If you are a little used backup at UConn, where do you go? You can downshift to fcs, or walk-on somewhere else, but why not keep the scholarship?

Anyhow. I think UConn will get more from the portal than lose.

Nate Carter a loss, but they added a p5 TE and a MLB already. That is likely 2 starters.
And a P5 corner to potentially replace Wortham, definitely need another RB, and a stud WR would do wonders for our passing game and probably a Center and 2 LBs ideally if we can get the space. The good news is at this point the staff can be very selective on who they take.

Reaction Score
Not really. We have solid talent in Rosa, Houston, and Brewton but as we saw this past season things can get concerning very quickly with injuries. We need to pick up another RB in the portal.
Still don't see how that means it isn't crowded. The Michigan State stable could get hit by injuries as well.

Simply put, each of our backs have shown they can perform and Rosa showed he can steal a lot of meaningful carries.....we have a crowded backfield.

Reaction Score
Still don't see how that means it isn't crowded. The Michigan State stable could get hit by injuries as well.

Simply put, each of our backs have shown they can perform and Rosa showed he can steal a lot of meaningful carries.....we have a crowded backfield.
Glad you aren’t putting our roster together.

Reaction Score

3 guys at running back sure doesn't seem crowded to me. None of these guys are as big as me (weight wise, not muscle wise) and running backs are one awkward tackle from a long stint on the sidelines.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It’s not a personal shot at anyone on the roster to say we need more running back depth!

The 2009 UConn Huskies had 7 tailbacks and 2 fullbacks including Jordan Todman, Anthony Sherman, Andre Dixon, Robbie Frey, and 5 other guys as well… we need lots of talent and depth in the running game.

Reaction Score
It’s not a personal shot at anyone on the roster to say we need more running back depth!

The 2009 UConn Huskies had 7 tailbacks and 2 fullbacks including Jordan Todman, Anthony Sherman, Andre Dixon, Robbie Frey, and 5 other guys as well… we need lots of talent and depth in the running game.
#Facts

Reaction Score

....and a lot of those guys were enormously important on special teams. Sherman was an absolute beast on kickoff coverage and Robbie Frey was a terrific return guy.

Reaction Score
....and a lot of those guys were enormously important on special teams. Sherman was an absolute beast on kickoff coverage and Robbie Frey was a terrific return guy.
Man what could have been if Frey stayed with the team

Reaction Score

Sherman was a blocking fullback. But your point stands.

Reaction Score
It’s hard to blame Mason Donaldson for having some bitterness. Not only did he play through some poor seasons, but he got his chance, performed at a top level and then didn’t seem to get another chance.

Not necessarily right to be bitter, and it’s fine to take what he says with a grain of salt, but I would be bitter in his shoes.
I'm not sure if it is bitterness from Mason, just a fact that he wished that Jim Mora was here for him. We can't turn back the clock, however I believe that he's rooting for Jim Mora, the coaching staff and UConn to be the best program we can be

Reaction Score
And a P5 corner to potentially replace Wortham, definitely need another RB, and a stud WR would do wonders for our passing game and probably a Center and 2 LBs ideally if we can get the space. The good news is at this point the staff can be very selective on who they take.
I would love to see 2 more RBs transfer in (Redshirt Freshman or Sophomore), another TE, two WR, an OL person, a LB... Either Freshmen or Sophomores.

Reaction Score
I would love to see 2 more RBs transfer in (Redshirt Freshman or Sophomore), another TE, two WR, an OL person, a LB... Either Freshmen or Sophomores.
The comment, "And a P5 corner to potentially replace Wortham", was referring to Washington transfer Zakhari Spears, not that we needed to get a P5 corner transfer.

Reaction Score
Frey return in Fiesta. Wow.

Reaction Score
I really liked Frey. Kid had serious wheels!
Frey was part of the perfect storm that set us back for years.

Edsall gone.
Frey and Todman leave.
Endres pot and no scholly QB. We get Johnny McCentee.
Cochran concussion.
Casey Whitmer barely serviceable.
Diaco Red Pants

Nothing went right .

Reaction Score
Glad you aren’t putting our roster together.
I think people still miss my point. I am not saying we have a blue chip back, I'm saying Cartet saw the Rise of Rosa and other backs and realized the gield was crowded.

Reaction Score
3 guys at running back sure doesn't seem crowded to me. None of these guys are as big as me (weight wise, not muscle wise) and running backs are one awkward tackle from a long stint on the sidelines.
1) What is your magic # for a crowded backfield?

2) Michigan State RBs are also one tackle away from the same fate so...

Reaction Score
What is everyone’s opinion of the current transfer window? I believe players have unti January 18/19 to enter their name into portal. Are UConn transfers complete for now?

The next window is in May, after spring practices. I would expect more movement across all of CFB after the spring practices are complete. Times have changed, it’s more complex than NFL free agency.

Reaction Score
Is it me or is there ZERO possibility we see no exits? I just don’t see how the numbers work unless some kids opt out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom