Transfer Thread - May | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread - May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I have done no research on Arkansas basketball, but it feels like their entire roster is transfers. I feel like I am constantly seeing transfers land there. Mussleman definitely loves the portal

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think that the people on here that are all gloom and doom about the lack of adding a scorer, someone that can create off the dribble are just looking for another ball dominant player that will once again stunt the offense. Bouk's 18 points per game should not be an issue to overcome with the kids we have coming in and the, hopeful, growth that the returning players experience. What If the Freshmen average 8-10 points per game, combined, and everyone else increased their production by 10-12 points, combined? Are those unreasonable figures? If they aren't... you've made up for Bouk.
I hear you and appreciate your stance but WHAT IFs aren't sure things
There are injuries, disappointments, and other things that upset the apple cart. Hawkins is the real deal but will DH let him do what he does best or keyhole him into a certain system?
There is ZERO/NONE/ZILCH reasons for DH not to go out and get a pure shooter via transfer portal or recruit. Anyone who is a casual observer will see that is a glaring need. If it doesn't happen it's a huge mistake on his part. If you listen to college basketball talking heads they all will say that UConn needs someone who can hit the 3 ball at a 40% clip and can create the shot for themselves. Those players are out there and many/most are not top 150 players.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Freeman and Young going on vacation during the height of the tranfer period, if true, could be one reason for no transfers and for why we have a new assistant coach.
DH on Luke Murray, "has the commitment level and passion that we need to elevate this program to the championship level where UConn should be".
LOL
Freeman going to Fla is the reason why no transfers????????????????????????
Didn't know he was the head of UConn Mens Basketball recruiting - if he was the only one recruiting then the eyes better be on DH and not KFree
Murray still has the time to bring a scorer here before 08/2021 - let's see some of that magic at work - would love it.

Reaction Score
Yeah I know the chatter has been that we’re done, but this dude seems like a nice fit.

Reaction Score
Between 1-dines and now this transfer crap I think players should just show up and coaches throw to decide who gets first pick. It really is ruining the college game. They need a draft and a free agent period plus a salary cap or maybe a limitation on scholarships at 7-8 or things will deteriorate quickly. When starters on top teams start transferring you have to wonder what is the end game

Reaction Score
Finally, a list:

My Ranking by best fit:
  1. Illinoi$ - With Cockburn going pro, walks into the starting center spot. Team is rich with guards and wings, so a big like Mitchell would be a huge for the team.
  2. Georgia - If the season started today, they'd be the worst team in the SEC. Would easily start the season at the 5 with other incoming transfers Jabri Abdul-Rahim (Virginia) and Jaylin Ingram (FAU) playing the 3 and 4. Solid forwards group, but that team needs talent everywhere and sorely needs talent in the backcourt.
  3. Florida State - Unclear if Koprivica is definitely going pro. If he is, then Mitchell would be the lead guy to play the five in front of highly touted bigs John Butler, Naheem McLeod and Quincy Ballard. Hamilton likes to play a lot of players, so who's on the roster might mean the least if he ends up at FSU.
  4. Texas - They added bigs Dylan Disu and Christian Bishop already. Unless one of those two or Mitchell will play the 4, I don't see the fit.
  5. Bryant - Gotta love Jared Grasso for always gunning for talent. Team currently has 16 scholarship players on the roster, three of which are fifth year eligible players. Maybe Tre Mitchell has dreams of playing in the NEC? FWIW, two players are Woodstock grads (starting guard Chris Childs Jr, backup guard Joe Moon IV).
  6. L$U - They just added Efton Reid and Jerrell Colbert is another '21 top-70 recruit who is also a big. Also add Shareef O'Neil, Bradley Ezeiwro...I just don't see the fit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really interesting article detailing Musselman's transfer recruiting process.

Speaking of the SEC, Georgia's Sahvir Wheeler (14p, 7.4a, 1.7s) committed to Kentucky. In the last two months, the team went from "who's a guard on this team", to adding Wheeler, Grady and Frederick in the portal and TyTy Washington as a '21 committ.

Curious how Coach K will manage PT between Washington, Wheeler and Grady.

Reaction Score
Really interesting article detailing Musselman's transfer recruiting process.

Speaking of the SEC, Georgia's Sahvir Wheeler (14p, 7.4a, 1.7s) committed to Kentucky. In the last two months, the team went from "who's a guard on this team", to adding Wheeler, Grady and Frederick in the portal and TyTy Washington as a '21 committ.

Curious how Coach K will manage PT between Washington, Wheeler and Grady.

I'm also curious as to how Coach K will manage Kentucky's minutes.

Reaction Score

School #4 and year #7 in college/grad school.

14.3p, 39 3p% at Iowa State last year. Good Agbaji insurance.

Reaction Score

Bobby Hurley has done well picking up transfers, but it feels like he’s lost a ton of his key pieces. I wonder what the hell happened over there. Obviously an underperformance this year, but still feels odd to me that a lot of his players are leaving.

Reaction Score

Bobby Hurley has done well picking up transfers, but it feels like he’s lost a ton of his key pieces. I wonder what the hell happened over there. Obviously an underperformance this year, but still feels odd to me that a lot of his players are leaving.

Nevermind. I guess according to this tweet a lot of the people leaving have already been replaced and are older. Not as strange as I thought.

Reaction Score

Not surprised.

Since Bramah committed, Kimami Lawrence, Arizona's last year starter at the 4, returned for a fifth year. Last week, the team also added former top-50 recruit Alonzo Gaffney, who's listed at 6'9 200.

He'd be certainly playing a backup role in Tempe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox