Transfer Portal | Page 45 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This seems like a situation where Newton coming here just makes sense. We have a connection with him already since he played against us in the AAC, just like Carlton and Houston.

Reaction Score
Like I said, weather is getting warmer in storrs this weekend…. Few teams in the mix, but UConn is right there. Let’s see how this weekend shakes out
Our new meme. Dam break is out. Hot is in.

its hot james mcavoy GIF

Reaction Score
People like to think happy thoughts.

In this case, they’re idiotic to do so, but that is on them.

Me - “Not having a point guard is very bad.”

You - “OUTRAGE! THIS IS PART OF THE PLAN! PORTALPORTALPORTAL!”

So stupid.

And other people just like to complain. Impeccable timing here, seeing as there is a point guard on our campus as we speak from the PORTALPORTALPORTAL! who is a much better player than the two kids who just left. Your many comments on this topic make it clear that you are surprised by this, which is shocking coming from a person who seemingly follows the landscape of college basketball.

What will the next hissy fit be about when we start seeing some commitments in the coming weeks? That the roster didn't have any point guards on April Fools Day? That RJ Cole should have played less so that the kid who's about to transfer to URI or Lasalle could have played more?

Reaction Score
sign him up (again)

Averaged 2 pts. per game in his Stanford career. This is one of those lucky recruiting misses. We tend to focus on the misses. For every Diallo or Waters , there's a Kisunas.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
And other people just like to complain. Impeccable timing here, seeing as there is a point guard on our campus as we speak from the PORTALPORTALPORTAL! who is a much better player than the two kids who just left. Your many comments on this topic make it clear that you are surprised by this, which is shocking coming from a person who seemingly follows the landscape of college basketball.

What will the next hissy fit be about when we start seeing some commitments in the coming weeks? That the roster didn't have any point guards on April Fools Day? That RJ Cole should have played less so that the kid who's about to transfer to URI or Lasalle could have played more?

What?

I seem surprised that a team with no point guards has a point guard on campus?

Always appreciate people stopping by to defend the indefensible. We got punched out of the NCAA tournament by a garbage 12 seed and we had our two point guards transfer.

But yeah, you’re right. Cannot believe I am not happy with that result.

Reaction Score
What?

Always appreciate people stopping by to defend the indefensible. We got punched out of the NCAA tournament by a garbage 12 seed and we had our two point guards transfer.

So when the guards he brings in end up being better than Gaffney and Diggins will you still complain about them leaving?

Reaction Score
What?

If our PG's were Shabazz and Boatright and they transferred I would be upset. But this is the equivalent of losing RJ Evans and Donnell Beverly lmao. If someone offered you a swap of Gaff & Diggins for Newton & Will Richard/Devin Carter, you wouldn't take it??

1649456498748.png

Reaction Score
What?

Complete straw man. We aren’t talking about the New Mexico State game, of course nobody should be happy about that. We’re talking about your absurdly antiquated takes on roster construction, which will look dumber by the day once next year’s roster is actually finalized.

Reaction Score
If our PG's were Shabazz and Boatright and they transferred I would be upset. But this is the equivalent of losing RJ Evans and Donnell Beverly lmao. If someone offered you a swap of Gaff & Diggins for Newton & Will Richard/Devin Carter, you wouldn't take it??

View attachment 75419
Truth is, it was never going to be Gaffney or Diggins next year. Cole was absolutely gassed late in the year and Hurley still preferred playing him over the other two. Hurley made that abundantly clear to both guards which is why they decided to leave. Rather than panic in delusion, the truth remains Hurley has a few studs to build around. If he brings in the right guys in support, next year can be better than last year. With Gaffney, Diggins, or both, we had no chance.

Reaction Score
Truth is, it was never going to be Gaffney or Diggins next year. Cole was absolutely gassed late in the year and Hurley still preferred playing him over the other two. Hurley made that abundantly clear to both guards which is why they decided to leave. Rather than panic in delusion, the truth remains Hurley has a few studs to build around. If he brings in the right guys in support, next year can be better than last year. With Gaffney, Diggins, or both, we had no chance.
That's what 95% of people here think. The other 5% are so delusional that they think having a momentary lapse in the PG position (7 months away from the start of the season...) is worse than handing the keys to Gaff and Diggins. It's like they think we're supposed to play a game next week or something lol. And even if the season started next week, I would rather have no PG than trust Gaff or Diggins to run the show. That's how bad they are

Reaction Score

Pretty easy to see what is happening, as it has happened to me to a degree. A lot of us used to be massive CBB junkies who had a good grasp of the entirety of the sport, only to become much more UConn centric and more detached from the whole product. I think the AAC move affected a lot of us. Unfortunately, these people who at one time were very knowledgeable haven't kept up enough to realize how much college basketball has changed in only 5 years.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Complete straw man. We aren’t talking about the New Mexico State game, of course nobody should be happy about that. We’re talking about your absurdly antiquated takes on roster construction, which will look dumber by the day once next year’s roster is actually finalized.

lol…

You mean like having a point guard? You know, that old outdated method of recruiting point guards, developing them and then playing them? All those outdated things that we didn’t do this year, but that teams like Villanova do so very well - those outdated things?

The portal ain’t a plan - the portal is where you go when your plan fails.

JFC.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Pretty easy to see what is happening, as it has happened to me to a degree. A lot of us used to be massive CBB junkies who had a good grasp of the entirety of the sport, only to become much more UConn centric and more detached from the whole product. I think the AAC move affected a lot of us. Unfortunately, these people who at one time were very knowledgeable haven't kept up enough to realize how much college basketball has changed in only 5 years.

This website is too easy to find.

We’ve added too many dregs.

Reaction Score
lol…

You mean like having a point guard? You know, that old outdated method of recruiting point guards, developing them and then playing them? All those outdated things that we didn’t do this year, but that teams like Villanova do so very well - those outdated things?

JFC.

Idk, I thought maybe the fact that the last 2 national champions had transfer point guards would get through to you. Does biking cause CTE?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
lol…

JFC.
You surely must think there’s room for both approaches? Arkansas rebuilt in 2 years by relying heavily on transfers, now they’re mixing in high level recruits. Baylor started 2 transfer points in 2020. Kansas most important player in the title game was a backup transfer pg.

Reaction Score
@Chin Diesel, this guy did the anti-Guadarrama.

Wyoming was 25-9 last year as the 12-seed and:
  • Return their best player, Hunter Maldonado (18.5p, 5.7r, 6.3a) for a fifth year
  • Return their top scorer scorer Graham Ike (19.5p, 9.6r)
  • Return eight of their nine top scorers from this season.
That level of roster continuity unheard of nowadays, so don't sleep on Wyoming.

Anderson was a low-20s mpg player at USC, but considering the returning talent to Laramie, he won't even be needed to start.

I've also read that USC's Max Agbonkpolo and UCLA's Jake Kyman visited Wyoming earlier this week.

Dayton is another team with a ton of continuity entering 22-23.

Reaction Score

For the 100th time, throw a dart at the Sweet Sixteen bracket and you’ll hit a team that used the portal to fortify at least one position on it’s roster. Do you actually disagree with that?

You’ll be able to charge a lot of money for your Roster Management Consulting business, since everybody is doing it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom