Transfer Portal | Page 42 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Or they feel really good about the 4 guys that we are involved with. They just better hope we land 2 of them lol
But only 1 of them is really a point guard…

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They can all handle the ball and run the point. We don't need a true pass first PG. We just need guys who can handle the ball and create offense. They all do that
It's like some people think this is still the 90s or even 00s. Point Guard isn't the position it used to be for teams running a modern motion offense. Ben Gordon would absolutely be PG in the modern game.

Reaction Score
It's like some people think this is still the 90s or even 00s. Point Guard isn't the position it used to be for teams running a modern motion offense. Ben Gordon would absolutely be PG in the modern game.

I understand basketball. But you still need guys that can handle the ball with pressure and run an offense. Carter seems more like a wing to me in the Tyrese mold. Richard definitely doesnt seem like a guy who would handle the ball much. Not sure on Ramy...but got the idea he was more of a shooter than a creator.

Reaction Score
We absolutely need someone to run our offense. Not just a scorer. Good luck getting our best players the ball without a true playmaker(besides Andre, who can’t be the only one).
The Office Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
5 star PG Skyy Clark who was a Kentucky lean is now getting crystal balls for Illinois. Is the transfer market now impacting the recruiting scene? Curbelo gone, maybe Ramy to Kentucky?

Reaction Score
5 star PG Skyy Clark who was a Kentucky lean is now getting crystal balls for Illinois. Is the transfer market now impacting the recruiting scene? Curbelo gone, maybe Ramy to Kentucky?
He wasn’t a kentucky lean. He was a kentucky commit who then decommitted and has now committed to Illinois

Reaction Score
Hoping we get him or Newton
Or both.
I only watched a few highlight videos of Young, but definitely seems like he plays off ball a lot with a lot of spot-up shooting. They played off their center a lot on offense in a Princeton-style. So like Llewellyn, hard to get a feel for how much of a PG he really is. I'm putting him in the off-ball/combo spot for now, but at 6'1", ideally we'd get him and a bigger PG like Newton. I don't think it works with Bonham for example.

Rough priority ranking for me personally (* means we've been connected).

Sears
Bonham
Pinson
Curbelo*
Sessoms
Ituka
Trammell
Davis*

And then for the combos/wing guards:
Pack (not gonna happen)
Young*
Dawes*
Richard*
Ramey*
Boum
Reeves*
Carter*
Sir'Jabari Rice
Akot
Nolley

And then Shannon is top pick that I'd take regardless of who we get at guard. I'm hoping the staff is confident on Newton, which is why we've been looking at a lot more scorers/combos than points. But some of that is just what's been available too. For example I think through Reeves is better than Pinson.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Does Hurley not value ball handling? Aside from RJ none of the kids he brought in could really handle the ball. Last year we pretty much had 1 ball handler. Unable to run the style of offense he wants which is predicated on dribble penetration. Seems like he values athleticism and toughness far more.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Does Hurley not value ball handling? Aside from RJ none of the kids he brought in could really handle the ball. Last year we pretty much had 1 ball handler. Unable to run the style of offense he wants which is predicated on dribble penetration. Seems like he values athleticism and toughness far more.
I heard he doesn’t value shooting either. People are talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom