Transfer Portal Window 2023 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Play him 8 minutes a game off the ball, cant leave him open in the corner. In case we need a zone buster or end-of-half/game situation since Alex will now be double-teamed.
He would never play for Hurley. He has never played a minute of man to man defense. And Hurley values defense first, second and third.

Reaction Score
Agree with you re. Samson. He’s gotta be Clingans backup. I don’t see us bringing in a fourth C and our minutes at PF are spoken for between Karaban and Stewart.

But unless both Newton and Alleyne come back then we need to bring in another starting G. Ball needs to be a bench scorer.

No one else is going to crack this rotation it’s over 10 deep.

Castle- Diarra
Transfer- Ball
Jackson- Alleyne- Ross
Karaban- Stewart
Clingan- Johnson- Singare

Rotations never go 10 deep even when we talk like they will. In this simulation, Ross and Singare aren't playing meaningful minutes at all.

caw

Reaction Score
Rotations never go 10 deep even when we talk like they will. In this simulation, Ross and Singare aren't playing meaningful minutes at all.

2011 was close to a ten man roster with almost all ten near, or over, ten minutes per game

Eight played all 41 games, Olander and Beverly only played in 39 but that does include the championship game where all ten played 6 minutes+. Had eight different starters that year, the only two of the ten that never started were Napier and Beverly.

Beverly was the closest to out of the rotation but he grabbed 9 minutes in the BET championship and 8 minutes against Butler (though only 1 against UK).

I'd say that was a ten man rotation, or at the least each of those ten players played significant minutes for UConn that year.

Just saying, it does happen. Not often, 8-9 is more the norm.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I feel bad for Samson because he was a starter at the beginning of the year, I assume for a reason. But it seems like it’s hard to come back for us when you get hit with an injury when your role isn’t solidified.

Going to be hard for him to meet his expectations as an NBA guy as a backup 4/5 next year.
That injury thing can really be a bummer to an otherwise potentially great college career. I hope he can turn it around. I just saw that Zack Freemantle is missing the rest of the season. Wow. Reminds me of Steve Piekiell back in the day.

Reaction Score
Georgetown board saying Denver Anglin is transferring. That could be a good Joey replacement. Didn’t get much run at GT but maybe more related to coaching than his ability as a shooter.

Reaction Score
Georgetown board saying Denver Anglin is transferring. That could be a good Joey replacement. Didn’t get much run at GT but maybe more related to coaching than his ability as a shooter.
Would be a lower priority for me. Maybe if more space than expected opens up, but in general I don't like taking guys that can't get minutes on the 225th best team in the country.

Got like 8 minutes in the last half of the season.

Reaction Score
Most of these bad coaches had bad players or taught good players bad habits. Poaching players from teams whose coach leaves for a better job is probably the better bet.

Reaction Score
Talked about this guy as someone we should target as a transfer a while back…as he chose Georgetown over us last year. But yeah…it definitely worries me that he couldn’t crack the Georgetown rotation and when he played his numbers weren’t particularly good. So, I’ve changed my mind here….he’s probably more of a mid-major guy.

Reaction Score
Mahoney kid from Yale, if he graduates this year. Same for the Jarvis kid.

Reaction Score
Another Ivy kid could be Jordan Dingle at Penn. I am not sure if he is on track to graduate. His father was on UMess' *Final Four team.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Growing up in Albany with no cable we got some Hudson Valley channel that carried all the Marist games. I grew up watching those guys!
I was at Marist then. They were a really good team for that level.

Reaction Score
The 69th (nice) best prospect from the 247Sports Composite of the '22 class just hit the portal today: Louisville's Kamari Lands.

The 6'8 220 forward played the 3 and 4 for the guard-allergic Cardinals ranked 256th nationally in offensive efficiency.

While part of that s-show, Lands averaged 5.9p, 33.0 2p%, 33.0 3p% (about 1/2 of FGAs from 3) and underwhelming other numbers in 21.1 mpg. According to EvanMiya.com, he ranked as the team's third most efficient defender.

From his 247 profile via Jerry Meyer:

Has great length for a wing player. Has the frame to add weight while already possessing a solid frame. A good athlete with a quality shooting stroke both off the catch and off the dribble. Not known as a creative ball handler or playmaker at this point. More of a straight ahead slasher when attacking the rim. Utilizes a hesitation dribble. Can get to a spot for his pull up jumper and is dangerous in transition. Has all the makings of being a versatile defender and can rebound his position.

I'm not sure his profile fits our needs with Karaban, Jackson and Stewart in the fold, but he seems like a very good high-major prospect for someone.

Reaction Score
How does the portal work? Does the player contact schools, or school contact the player?
Player actively enters their name in the portal, which gives schools the right to contact him. Entering by a certain date guarantees immediate eligibility if you haven't transferred before.

Reaction Score
Maybe this isn't the right way to look at it, but I feel like unless there's a home run recruit available now we should wait until July before we start recruiting. We have a pretty loaded and scholarship-heavy roster next year, so we need to be very selective in who we pick up

We're a top team in the country that got a lot of national attention this year, and (hopefully) will have a good March run. Other than kids who want to stay close to home, we should get a LOT of interest from most players in the portal that we would target anyway

We need a backup guard or wing, probably a starting SG, either/both of which need to be shooters. We have the luxury of patience here

Reaction Score
If we're looking for a Joey California replacement (guard off the bench who can shoot), Army's Ethan Roberts could be a possibility.

The 6'5 195 freshman averaged 12.4 ppg, 54.6 2p%, 1.9 3PM @ 40.7 3p%.

Reaction Score
If we're looking for a Joey California replacement (guard off the bench who can shoot), Army's Ethan Roberts could be a possibility.

My filters for what I think we're looking for are:
Usage ≥ 15; 3P FG % ≥ 0.36; 3PA/100 Poss ≥ 7; Free Throw % ≥ 0.75; Height ≥ 75; Height ≤ 80; FG% at rim ≥ 0.5;

The three hits are Timberlake, O'Brien previously discussed in this thread, and him.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Can one actually xfer out of a service academy?

Reaction Score
My filters for what I think we're looking for are:
Usage ≥ 15; 3P FG % ≥ 0.36; 3PA/100 Poss ≥ 7; Free Throw % ≥ 0.75; Height ≥ 75; Height ≤ 80; FG% at rim ≥ 0.5;

The three hits are Timberlake, O'Brien previously discussed in this thread, and him.
Who's O'Brien?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin