Transfer Portal - Wild Wild West | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal - Wild Wild West

Reaction Score
Three ways to look at it....
Top teams will add experience to an already loaded squad.
A new coach like Kim Mulkey or Shea can quickly load up and not have to go through a rebuilding process.
Or it will be detrimental to college Basketball as very few players will stay the course.
And finally I am wandering what is taking Kamilla Cardoso so long to announce her choice....it is elementary Ms Cardoso UCONN is it...the pinnacle.

Attachments

• F59F1BAA-941C-4A24-B8EF-7FBD8BFA0184.jpeg
    F59F1BAA-941C-4A24-B8EF-7FBD8BFA0184.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 6A139E6B-738F-4A21-AB23-048EE4561CE7.jpeg
    6A139E6B-738F-4A21-AB23-048EE4561CE7.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm waiting for the first interview Kim gives on her move to LSU and I she will say the new rules on transfers partly made it worthwhile to start over at LSU. With the portal, she can be top 25 in two years...She might even be able to get in the rankings by the end of next season.

Reaction Score
Three ways to look it....
Top teams will add experience to an already loaded squad.
A new coach like Kim Mulkey or Shea can quickly load up and not have to go through a rebuilding process.
Or it will be detrimental to college Basketball as very few players will stay the course.
And finally I am wandering what is taking Kamilla Cardoso so long to announce her choice....it is elementary Ms Cardoso UCONN is it...the pinnacle.
Has there been any indication that UConn is even interested?

Reaction Score
if Cardoso would have come to UConn it would have happened already...i assume all kind of coaches contacted her and scared her with how little playing time she'll get in UConn....
Have to agree.

Reaction Score
The longer Kamilla takes, the less confident I am about her signing on. In fact, at this point seeing her in Husky blue will be more the surprise than not.
Although it would be nice to have a 6’7 post on the team, the team is already THE favorite for next year. Especially with the boom that just came to Waco. So, if she doesn’t chose UConn, we will be ok

Reaction Score
Geno needs to close the deal with Cardosa. Cant let an athletic 6'7" post already conference defensive POY slip through your fingers. She has so much potential. Exactly what the team needs if they want to win a Title anytime soon. Plus, she would have 4 years of eligibility left!

Reaction Score
Geno needs to close the deal with Cardosa. Cant let an athletic 6'7" post already conference defensive POY slip through your fingers. She has so much potential. Exactly what the team needs if they want to win a Title anytime soon. Plus, she would have 4 years of eligibility left!
You must not realize who is already on the roster and who are coming in the next two seasons?! We don't need Cardosa to win a NC!

Reaction Score
Yep. This. Next.

Anyway, not saying she will come. I agree the longer it goes on, the less likely UCONN as a destination seems to be, but time will tell.

This is the same guy who yesterday, two days later, claims she’s now heading to Duke based on, you guessed it, rumors. Check his twitter feed. He’s a small timer who throws a lot of crap at the wall and hopes some sticks. Nothing but retweets, rumors, and guesses.

Reaction Score
She may go to LSU now. As long as she does not go to ND, Baylor, or SC I am fine.
It won’t be Stanford. They already have a better 6’ 7” coming in 2022.

Reaction Score
Did Dorka coming to UConn make Cardoso look elsewhere or does she see her at post, Dorka and AE at forward backed up by ONO and Amari with Paige and Azzi at guard backed up by Evina and Nika as an automatic NC?

Reaction Score
I remain unconvinced that Geno will take her. Of course, I could be wrong but I’m thinking he is likely concerned about the possible effect it could have on what is already one of the most talented teams in history. I don’t think he will take her unless one or both of the following requirements are met. One, his entire current roster (including next years recruits Ice & Ayanna) agrees with her coming; Two, she (Cardoso) agrees to redshirt next season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is the same guy who yesterday, two days later, claims she’s now heading to Duke based on, you guessed it, rumors. Check his twitter feed. He’s a small timer who throws a lot of crap at the wall and hopes some sticks. Nothing but retweets, rumors, and guesses.

So I can cancel my trip to the bakeries and the liquor store?

Reaction Score

While getting Cardosa would be the frosting on the cake, we will be able to win a title “anytime soon” without her.

Reaction Score
I remain unconvinced that Geno will take her. Of course, I could be wrong but I’m thinking he is likely concerned about the possible effect it could have on what is already one of the most talented teams in history. I don’t think he will take her unless one or both of the following requirements are met. One, his entire current roster (including next years recruits Ice & Ayanna) agrees with her coming; Two, she (Cardoso) agrees to redshirt next season.

I don’t see Geno taking a poll of his players on whether they are ok with Cardoso coming or not.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand the logic of chasing an inch or two in height at the risk of upsetting team chemistry.
6’-7”, 6’-7”, 6’-7”; Don’t need her. Already have great size on the front line.
And incoming.

Reaction Score
Just watched some of Dorka and DeBerry's videos again and not as much of a fan of Cardoso coming to UConn as I was. Both have strong offensive and defensive skills and are fierce competitors. Both also seem to be more adaptable to the motion offense Geno typically runs and like Muhl did this past year, able to generate instant energy. As they gain UConn experience, Geno can bring them into most situations and not have to compromise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom