Transfer portal thread, part II | The Boneyard

Transfer portal thread, part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well, there goes Kayana Traylor's credibility. :confused: I have no personal interest in Owusu or VT. I'm pleased however that she did not go to several programs I can think of. :cool: There was a number of players that left Maryland after the season. I would be interested to learn what the real reason was.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
VT is building a nice little team in Blacksburg, and the Hokies could be a dark horse challenger for the ACC title next season. With that said, Owusu’s decision to transfer is much more about problems with MD than the opportunity at VT.

Reaction Score
I’m sure AO will enjoy VT, and maybe it will turn out to be what she wants. But I really wonder what was up at Maryland. Dress knows how to build a program. Has this sort of thing happened to her before?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’m sure AO will enjoy VT, and maybe it will turn out to be what she wants. But I really wonder what was up at Maryland. Dress knows how to build a program. Has this sort of thing happened to her before?
VT is building a nice little team in Blacksburg, and the Hokies could be a dark horse challenger for the ACC title next season. With that said, Owusu’s decision to transfer is much more about problems with MD than the opportunity at VT.

You might want to start a new thread. I’m hoping people stay on topic (transfer portal) in this one.

Reaction Score
Well, there goes Kayana Traylor's credibility. :confused: I have no personal interest in Owusu or VT. I'm pleased however that she did not go to several programs I can think of. :cool: There was a number of players that left Maryland after the season. I would be interested to learn what the real reason was.
You mean World Exposure Report. Kayana did not make the statement. She plays for VT. She was pointing out how wrong he was.

Reaction Score
You might want to start a new thread. I’m hoping people stay on topic (transfer portal) in this one.
Any thoughts on where Emily Kiser (Michigan) might be looking to spend her 5th year?

Reaction Score
Damn Geno should of hired Mulkey she seems like a hell of a recruiter compared to Uconn ! We can't find a good big !
Oh please

Geno recruits great, certainly better than Kim but Kim has been a terrific recruiter out of the portal for the last 4 years (Reese, Williams, Carrington, Chloe Jackson, Jordan Lewis, Kamaria McDaniel, Chrislyn Carr, Cooper)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Angel Reese has transferred to LSU to play for Kim Mulkey.

Good for Kim & LSU. But honestly, this is a head scratcher for me. Reese transferred from a decent team in the Big that’s unlikely to win the conference championship to a decent team in the SEC that’s unlikely to win the conference championship. The grass must be greener in Baton Rouge.

Reaction Score
Good for Kim & LSU. But honestly, this is a head scratcher for me. Reese transferred from a decent team in the Big that’s unlikely to win the conference championship to a decent team in the SEC that’s unlikely to win the conference championship. The grass must be greener in Baton Rouge.
It’s clear not all transfers are about winning championships but Kim is a top coach and has a lot of excitement brewing in BR. She took a very mediocre team went a 9-13 record and went 26-6. It’s not like she is transferring to a nobody. LSU could be a very good team next year although they aren’t at the level yet to compete for a national title quite yet.

The fact that Reese tweeted “do what makes you happy” says all that needs to be said. If a player goes to a place where they are happy and thriving, that is what matters. I hope she enjoys her time at LSU. Crazy to think a year ago Nikki Fargas was driving the bus :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Oh please

Geno recruits great, certainly better than Kim but Kim has been a terrific recruiter out of the portal for the last 4 years (Reese, Williams, Carrington, Chloe Jackson, Jordan Lewis, Kamaria McDaniel, Chrislyn Carr, Cooper)
Thanks for the balanced perspective--there was those amongst us who have the expectation that UConn should get every prized recruit, every valued transfer in the portal.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the balanced perspective--there was those amongst us who have the expectation that UConn should get every prized recruit, every valued transfer in the portal.
UCONN pretty much gets to cherry pick among the top kids like other select schools but you just aren’t going to always get everyone you want. Works that way in every sport. UCONN will be fine, the success Geno has had certainly comes with so much extra pressure and expectations from the fan base. When falling short is the final four or in the national title game, you are spoiled.

Enjoy it, coaches like that don’t come along often in a lifetime or ever at all.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

No it's the food, it's much better than anything in Maryland. I was stationed in both states and the food in Louisiana is much better. Maryland had some tasty food it just wasn't as good.

Reaction Score
Damn Geno should of hired Mulkey she seems like a hell of a recruiter compared to Uconn ! We can't find a good big !
Geno's problem is he only goes after a certain type of player. He really needs to get away from that and start recruiting early. Women's college basketball has changed and there is alot more competition than before. he need to get more athletic as well.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Geno's problem is he only goes after a certain type of player. He really needs to get away from that and start recruiting early. Women's college basketball has changed and there is alot more competition than before. he need to get more athletic as well.
How much more athletic can you get than Ayanna Patterson or, for that matter, Arnold and Shade?

Reaction Score
I think Geno is as athletic as he can possibly be. Did you see that clip of him playing Aubrey 1-on-1 last year in practice?

Reaction Score
what a bum he is. Only getting to Final Fours and Championships. How the heck he didn't know that he'd have the amount of injuries and not planned so he could undoubtedly blowout every team despite all the injuries - yeah he has a lot to learn. LOL.

He can certainly get more athletic. And if you have which player he should get- but you are are certainly being a bit over-the-top imo for a team always getting to FF's and Finals. .

Which player now should he get that plays fast pace? Someone mentioned a UCF player?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yeah he needs to stop recruiting #1 recruits along with the other Top recruits he consistently brings to Storrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom