Transfer portal - outbound | Page 56 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

You didn’t answer my question. Are you saying as a matter of fact that the recent kids who’ve entered the portal- Paul, King and Magliozzi- have done so because UConn opted out of playing this season and aren’t making plans to return while everyone else is returning to play. Is that what you’re saying here???
Just about everyone wants out. Is that understandable to you? Respectfully, you are in the weeds. Whatever “reason” a guy leaves often doesn’t happen if he’s happy and not looking to. Some, of course don’t have other options, and we just had about 20 guys leave after last season. Many giving up sure playing time. We already have a depleted roster and it’s only going to get worse.
We have two leaders, Randy and Dave, who miscalculated the landscape exponentially. However, they are still doubling down.

Reaction Score
Just about everyone wants out. Is that understandable to you? Respectfully, you are in the weeds. Whatever “reason” a guy leaves often doesn’t happen if he’s happy and not looking to. Some, of course don’t have other options, and we just had about 20 guys leave after last season. Many giving up sure playing time. We already have a depleted roster and it’s only going to get worse.
We have two leaders, Randy and Dave, who miscalculated the landscape exponentially. However, they are still doubling down.
For the past month you’ve been creating this narrative that players are besides themselves with anger because UConn isn’t playing this season and then hinting at some mass exodus. And you’re being called out as a fraud. Now you’re trying to tie in the 20 players or so who “left” the program to everything that is going on now- including these recent portal entrants.

I’ve got news for you bud. There are plenty of reasons why players exit programs. Lots of times it’s roster management. Other times it’s academics and a few times It’s disciplinary reasons. And yes, you may have a handful that are outright looking for greener grass. Your garbage antics are trying to make one central theme out of why these players are leaving. And I’m saying that YOU ARE FRAUDULENT for doing so. Now, if we want to criticize for how the roster has been managed, that’s fair game. Maybe the youth movement has caused for a longer rebuild and we already know that young guys want all the playing time in the world until you’re losing. It affects locker rooms for sure. It also affects fan bases on message boards called the Boneyard.

Anyone can look at the portal and see guys entering that could have stayed at their respective teams. But guess what? So be it. It’s the nature of the business. But this entire “Chief predicted all of this” nonsense is laughable and fraudulent. You are taking the natural attrition of college football- some player caused and some caused by coaches- and trying to create some grandiose garbage that somehow you’re a savant In all things UConn football.

I don’t mind calling out garbage when I see it. You’re better off rooting for these kids to turn the corner and start winning some football games. Hopefully they’re working their tails off- even if they’re not happy that their fellow colleagues are playing ball now

C

Chief00

For the past month you’ve been creating this narrative that players are besides themselves with anger because UConn isn’t playing this season and then hinting at some mass exodus. And you’re being called out as a fraud. Now you’re trying to tie in the 20 players or so who “left” the program to everything that is going on now- including these recent portal entrants.

I’ve got news for you bud. There are plenty of reasons why players exit programs. Lots of times it’s roster management. Other times it’s academics and a few times It’s disciplinary reasons. And yes, you may have a handful that are outright looking for greener grass. Your garbage antics are trying to make one central theme out of why these players are leaving. And I’m saying that YOU ARE FRAUDULENT for doing so. Now, if we want to criticize for how the roster has been managed, that’s fair game. Maybe the youth movement has caused for a longer rebuild and we already know that young guys want all the playing time in the world until you’re losing. It affects locker rooms for sure. It also affects fan bases on message boards called the Boneyard.

Anyone can look at the portal and see guys entering that could have stayed at their respective teams. But guess what? So be it. It’s the nature of the business. But this entire “Chief predicted all of this” nonsense is laughable and fraudulent. You are taking the natural attrition of college football- some player caused and some caused by coaches- and trying to create some grandiose garbage that somehow you’re a savant In all things UConn football.

I don’t mind calling out garbage when I see it. You’re better off rooting for these kids to turn the corner and start winning some football games. Hopefully they’re working their tails off- even if they’re not happy that their fellow colleagues are playing ball now
The Canadian QB left and two key defensive guys entered the portal and now the punter. A FL recruit decomitted and we are in a group of 3 at the bottom of 131 D1 schools. But, in your twisted mind, my World is upside down and UConn FB is doing just great. Ok Cory.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The Canadian QB left and two key defensive guys entered the portal and now the punter. A FL recruit decomitted and we are in a group of 3 at the bottom of 131 D1 schools. But, in your twisted mind, my World is upside down and UConn FB is doing just great. Ok Cory.
Corey.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

A quick review:
  • Senecal returned to Canada, lets see where he ultimately lands before we pass too much judgement. He didn't head to the P5 just yet. Rumor has it his knee recovery was going slow.
  • Keyshawn Paul had to exit because of off the field issues unrelated to the football program.
  • Rob King was originally a Diaco recruit and stuck with Edsall. It was widely known he planned to check out last December but then decided to stay (maybe because he got some more playing time in those last few games). Anyway, good luck to Rob King (I appreciate his efforts when he was here), but this seems like normal churn. Was Rob a shoe in to get into grad school next fall? A lot of kids that will be leaving this fall might be realizing they don't fit well with the UConn grad programs which have been tough for football players.
  • Luke Magliozzi's departure is a mystery. This might be a guy that was done with this program, IDK. Being an Aussie with a proven leg, maybe he just wants to get to a west coast team. No idea.
  • Cayenne (Florida TE decommit) - Dropped us for Penn. Penn! The Ivies are not playing football this fall either. Hmmm.
  • Johnson (Florida TE decommit) - So here's a kid that some schools want to see move to LB and others think he can stay at TE. He hasn't recommitted anywhere just yet. Dont think we should read too much into his story which isn't over just yet.
I guarantee more kids will exit between now and Spring ball and we will have more decommits....thats normal. We need to see a lot more tumult to declare we have a real problem.

Reaction Score
C
Hey Captain Obvious. Why wouldn’t the Canadian QB leave? Once Tyler Phommachanh committed and all of the other QB’s on the roster (all pretty young) were granted an extra year the field instantly became crowded and he most likely wanted to get on the field after he rehabbed. So perhaps he went back to a place where he was already loved. He would have had to prove himself in the US. Yawn.

God Bless Coyle. He’s a really good football player that landed in a P5 spot and I hope he thrives. Again, he sought and found greener grass.

Everyone on this board knows where UConn football currently stands Captain Obvious and we all want for them to win. Again, the garbage you spew here is detrimental to the cause. Criticize the product for sure. But creating conspiracy theories for self serving purposes is cancerous. Smh

Reaction Score
A quick review:
  • Senecal returned to Canada, lets see where he ultimately lands before we pass too much judgement. He didn't head to the P5 just yet. Rumor has it his knee recovery was going slow.
  • Keyshawn Paul had to exit because of off the field issues unrelated to the football program.
  • Rob King was originally a Diaco recruit and stuck with Edsall. It was widely known he planned to check out last December but then decided to stay (maybe because he got some more playing time in those last few games). Anyway, good luck to Rob King (I appreciate his efforts when he was here), but this seems like normal churn. Was Rob a shoe in to get into grad school next fall? A lot of kids that will be leaving this fall might be realizing they don't fit well with the UConn grad programs which have been tough for football players.
  • Luke Magliozzi's departure is a mystery. This might be a guy that was done with this program, IDK. Being an Aussie with a proven leg, maybe he just wants to get to a west coast team. No idea.
  • Cayenne (Florida TE decommit) - Dropped us for Penn. Penn! The Ivies are not playing football this fall either. Hmmm.
  • Johnson (Florida TE decommit) - So here's a kid that some schools want to see move to LB and others think he can stay at TE. He hasn't recommitted anywhere just yet. Dont think we should read too much into his story which isn't over just yet.
I guarantee more kids will exit between now and Spring ball and we will have more decommits....thats normal. We need to see a lot more tumult to declare we have a real problem.
Wow. A sensible post. I wonder if it hurts Chief’s brain to make sense so he totally avoids it?

C

Chief00

A quick review:
After the mass exodus last season, and what’s happened already by 9/30 (yes 9/30); without revealing sources, I am declaring a huge problem. As I said, generally players who are unhappy look for reasons to leave. The reason given is unimportant, the important thing is they were looking to leave. In our basketball program in contrast, we keep players happy because they know the coaches have their backs. Players want to play games. They are not looking for excuses to leave in basketball. They are reasonably happy and focused.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

C

Hey Captain Obvious. Why wouldn’t the Canadian QB leave? Once Tyler Phommachanh committed and all of the other QB’s on the roster (all pretty young) were granted an extra year the field instantly became crowded and he most likely wanted to get on the field after he rehabbed. So perhaps he went back to a place where he was already loved. He would have had to prove himself in the US. Yawn.

God Bless Coyle. He’s a really good football player that landed in a P5 spot and I hope he thrives. Again, he sought and found greener grass.

Everyone on this board knows where UConn football currently stands Captain Obvious and we all want for them to win. Again, the garbage you spew here is detrimental to the cause. Criticize the product for sure. But creating conspiracy theories for self serving purposes is cancerous. Smh

Thanks Cory.

Reaction Score
After the mass exodus last season, and what’s happened already by 9/30 (yes 9/30); without revealing sources, I am declaring a huge problem. As I said, generally players who are unhappy look for reasons to leave. The reason given is unimportant, the important thing is they were looking to leave. In our basketball program in contrast, we keep players happy because they know the coaches have their backs. Players want to play games. They are not looking for excuses to leave in basketball. They are reasonably happy and focused.

You mean the mass exodus where what only 3 kids landed at a P5’s and most of the others at 1-AA? The reason majority of the kids left is because they were terrible and saw the writing on the wall they wouldn’t be starting here. But yeah keep thinking they left because the coaches didn’t have their “backs”.

Reaction Score
You mean the mass exodus where what only 3 kids landed at a P5’s and most of the others at 1-AA? The reason majority of the kids left is because they were terrible and saw the writing on the wall they wouldn’t be starting here. But yeah keep thinking they left because the coaches didn’t have their “backs”.
He won’t listen to sensible posting man. He’s assuming that everyone who enters the portal is doing so of their own doing. The player would never say he was asked to leave or couldn’t get into grad school. He will simply make it appear as if he was taking charge of his career.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Anyone start looking at our ex's to see what they been up too this fall? Btw, I dont see Nino Leone on the Coastal Carolina roster

UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Commits/Transfers to date:

OL Jeff Woods - Norfolk State (FCS)<--season moved to spring
OL Robert Holmes -Austin Peay (FCS) <--appeared in 2 out of 3 games. looks like their season is over now that they played their non conference schedule losing 24-17 to central ark, 55-0 to pitt and 55-20 to cincy.
OL Stanley Hubbard - James Madison (FCS) <--season moved to spring
RB Dante Black - Richmond (FCS) <--season moved to spring
QB Michael Beaudry - Idaho (FCS) <--season moved to spring
DB Tahj Herring-Wilson - ArkState (FBS) <--played in 1 of 2 games thus far, recorded three tackles
TE Donovan Williams - Elon (FCS) <--season moved to spring
LB Eddie Hahn - Monmouth (FCS) <--season moved to spring
WR/K Mason Donaldson - Campbell (FCS) <--played three games/ zero catches/ one tackle
P Brett Graham - Tennessee (FBS) <--did not appear in game 1 last weekend
OL Cam DeGeorge - Louisville (FBS) <--getting a ton of playing time as the first OL off the bench (congrats to him)
DB Tyler Coyle - Purdue (FBS) <--set to play an eight game season starting 10/24
LB Ryan Gilmartin -EKU>Decommit>Jacksonville St. (FCS) <--set to play a four game season starting Oct 3.
ATH Zavier Scott - Maine (FCS) <--season moved to spring
WR Garrison Burnett - Maine (FCS) <--season moved to spring
DB Ryan Carroll - Garden City Community College (JUCO) <--season moved to spring
OL Nino Leone - Coastal Carolina (FBS) <--did this happen? I dont see him on the roster.
QB Jonathan Senecal (2020 commit) - Univ. of Montreal. <--haven't looked into Canadian college football yet.

Reaction Score
You didn’t answer my question. Are you saying as a matter of fact that the recent kids who’ve entered the portal- Paul, King and Magliozzi- have done so because UConn opted out of playing this season and aren’t making plans to return while everyone else is returning to play. Is that what you’re saying here???
Why do you bother? He was clearly not loved as a kid. My view of Chef has evolved from the biggest clown to the most sympathetic figure in the BY. He must have had it rough.

Reaction Score
Anyone start looking at our ex's to see what they been up too this fall? Btw, I dont see Nino Leone on the Coastal Carolina roster

OL Robert Holmes -Austin Peay (FCS) <--appeared in 2 out of 3 games. looks like their season is over now that they played their non conference schedule losing 24-17 to central ark, 55-0 to pitt and 55-20 to cincy.
DB Tahj Herring-Wilson - ArkState (FBS) <--played in 1 of 2 games thus far, recorded three tackles
WR/K Mason Donaldson - Campbell (FCS) <--played three games/ zero catches/ one tackle
OL Cam DeGeorge - Louisville (FBS) <--getting a ton of playing time as the first OL off the bench (congrats to him)
DB Tyler Coyle - Purdue (FBS) <--set to play an eight game season starting 10/24
LB Ryan Gilmartin -EKU>Decommit>Jacksonville St. (FCS) <--set to play a four game season starting Oct 3.
DB Ryan Carroll - Garden City Community College (JUCO) <--season moved to spring
OL Nino Leone - Coastal Carolina (FBS) <--did this happen? I dont see him on the roster.
QB Jonathan Senecal (2020 commit) - Univ. of Montreal. <--haven't looked into Canadian college football yet.
Like looking at the players who actually play and how often they are in the games. Don’t think Leone was actually picked up by CC.. not sure what his future plans are ..

Reaction Score

Wow not a great look for the players that left UConn. I think the kids coming in are going to be far superior to the players we lost. Not sure how the UConn fans are going to take this.

Reaction Score
I have no objection to folks like chief pointing out the issues with the program, of which there are many. What I object to is the insinuation that one has inside knowledge and then points to every data point in his/her favor to confirm his/her point(s) while alluding to conformation of inside knowledge. Frankly, I think chief operates like - pulling random facts together to stitch together a narrative. If you’re going to play the insider card , play it thru completely.

This!

I've always said if you have inside information your either full of it (because you don't) or your sharing information you should not be sharing on a forum like this. Either way your credibility is shot.

Offsetting all that is the continued reference to himself in the third person. Head bang

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Still should have played this year. Bad decision by the AD and coaching staff. If UMass plays and UConn doesn't, how does that look to recruits and kids here who want to play. Tired of the excuses.
Why is everyone assuming that UConn is in a position to even play even if they wanted to?

As an independent UConn made the right move by cancelling the schedule in August they had planned on playing this year. Several conferences were discussing cancelling season and others were openly talking about conference games only. No way UConn's schedule was going on as planned.
Cancelling could have placed player safety (from the UConn perspective) at 0% and UConn still might not logistically been able to pull it off.

I said in other threads, cancelling the games, continuing to practice and leaving yourself available for games in Oct/Nov and maybe even December was still a doable solution.

Reaction Score

Don’t look now but Clemson is trending Uconn way now after losing a 5-Star freshman and the #1 player in the class of 2021. Wonder if Dani has his players backs or not

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
Chief is a joke. UConn FB is a joke. Come on now - this is quite simple. A guy that claims to have insight into a football program that is a joke is a sick joke himself as well. This is not complicated. Why the back and forth over this?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Chief is a joke. UConn FB is a joke. Come on now - this is quite simple. A guy that claims to have insight into a football program that is a joke is a sick joke himself as well. This is not complicated. Why the back and forth over this?

Goatmeat shanks at the next tailgate for sure

vector-meat-cuts-goats.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members