Transfer portal - outbound | Page 40 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i haven’t followed this board.. or uconn football the last few years. but there was a time when i was a hopeful husky. is there talk of firing this guy? can go consecutive years one of worst programs in country cause he got blown out in a bcs game 9 years ago with 8 wins. program is falling apart.. 24 players transferring. 0 signs of improvement.
No, there's been absolutely no talk of firing Edsall.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I always have to look up Ark State because I can never remember if they are FCS or FBS. Spoiler alert that are FCS. Good deal for Tahj.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
the guy got run out of maryland he doesn’t deserve any more time. hasn’t had more than 3 wins in 6 years!
He’s here for 2020 and probably 2021.

Reaction Score
I always have to look up Ark State because I can never remember if they are FCS or FBS. Spoiler alert that are FCS. Good deal for Tahj.
Don't you mean FBS? It will me interesting to see how Tahj does with them. I have watch them play and they do have a lot of good players in their program.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know this is the outbound thread, but where is the inbound thread? What transfers did Edsall land? I know we had a big class of freshmen, but he needed veterans ASAP to fix this thing.

Reaction Score
I know this is the outbound thread, but where is the inbound thread? What transfers did Edsall land? I know we had a big class of freshmen, but he needed veterans ASAP to fix this thing.

Here is what is known for now: 2020 UConn Offer/Commit List Only
  1. Sidney Walker (OL) - Crestview Florida> Kilgore Community College, Kilgore Texas (JUCO) (UConn Commit 12/15/19)
  2. Alexander Wyant (OL) >Santa Ana California>Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa California (JUCO) UConn Commit 12/16/19)
  3. Zach Early (OL) - Perry High School, Perry Ohio (UConn Commit/Transfer 12/18/19)
  4. Tre Wortham (DB) - Stockton CA > San Joaquin Delta Community College, Stockton CA (JUCO) UConn Commit 1/26/20)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just to add a little more; Zach Early was slated to be a PWO at Cincy in 2019, but I'm not sure if he ever enrolled or participated in the Cincy football program once on campus. Point being though is that he is 1 year older than our other true freshman.

Reaction Score
Just to add a little more; Zach Early was slated to be a PWO at Cincy in 2019, but I'm not sure if he ever enrolled or participated in the Cincy football program once on campus. Point being though is that he is 1 year older than our other true freshman.
But seemingly one year since playing football, right?

Reaction Score
No, there's been absolutely no talk of firing Edsall.
that’s sad to me. should be higher standards here. finishing as a bottom 10 program back to back years. he’s 80th out of 123rd as far as salary nationally, 40 spots too high if you ask me. and that’s before his bonus-laden contract kicks in. seems like we actually have an exciting schedule going forward, why not just cut our losses. he only isn’t getting fired because he had success here a decade ago, anyone else would be gone.

Reaction Score
that’s sad to me. should be higher standards here. finishing as a bottom 10 program back to back years. he’s 80th out of 123rd as far as salary nationally, 40 spots too high if you ask me. and that’s before his bonus-laden contract kicks in. seems like we actually have an exciting schedule going forward, why not just cut our losses. he only isn’t getting fired because he had success here a decade ago, anyone else would be gone.

there've been about 800 other threads on the topic of HCRE2.0 in the 3 years you've been absent. Lets keep this thread to discussion on transfer portal, thanks

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

He’s still here because nobody else is willing to work for how little the AD has decided to pay the head coach of this program. That’s going to be the case indefinitely.

Reaction Score
Be interested to see if any program takes the risk...

Sometimes you have to count your blessings and move on w/ life.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Excuse me but anyone with a Diaco avatar bashing RE is going to raise some questions. This isn't the thread for this and if you are trolling, please read all the other threads on the topic.

Reaction Score
Excuse me but anyone with a Diaco avatar bashing RE is going to raise some questions. This isn't the thread for this and if you are trolling, please read all the other threads on the topic.
the diaco avatar is a troll lol but i’m genuine with my concerns and feelings. just wanted to see how husky nation felt about it. brought it here cause 24 transfers out is concerning... but i digress.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Look at where the 24 are going - only a couple at best will go FBS, It is a necessary paring of the tree in order to upgrade the talent. Some kids I wish didn't leave but as fans we don't get the whole story. The new group coming in seems to tick a few boxes of need. We are still light on the OL in terms of depth but the talent is better. Plus when you are 2 -10 there is lots of room for improvement. The biggest key for next year is better play from the QB position. You get that and you can cover lots of deficiencies.

Reaction Score
the diaco avatar is a troll lol but i’m genuine with my concerns and feelings. just wanted to see how husky nation felt about it. brought it here cause 24 transfers out is concerning... but i digress.

Out of those 24 transfers maybe 3 or 4 are FBS players lol.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
i haven’t followed this board.. or uconn football the last few years. but there was a time when i was a hopeful husky. is there talk of firing this guy? can go consecutive years one of worst programs in country cause he got blown out in a bcs game 9 years ago with 8 wins. program is falling apart.. 24 players transferring. 0 signs of improvement.

A number of those players leaving are not able to contribute at a school that had two wins. How much would they have helped going forward? My guess only a couple and the rest are leaving to get some PT.

I wish them all well, but it was time to move on. I put this on the last coaching staff for lousy recruiting.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hmmmm really weird to think Eli Thomas will be playing football again and it won’t be for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom