Transfer Idea..... | The Boneyard

Transfer Idea.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay, hear me out on this one.... Stanford went down in the round of 32. They are not known for having their skills truly developed while playing there. Stanford is losing some top seniors... but what if.... Cameron Brink were to Transfer to UCONN to be a Post player with Edwards. That would allow us to five Jana and Ice time to develop, which usually post/centers need that time to develop.... and then when Cameron and Edwards leave, they will be ready to take over as two of the post players to lead our team. We add Brink, who I think is friends with Paige... I can just see another championship in sight.

Reaction Score
ordinarily, someone like that could contact friends at the other school to learn more about the culture of the place. But now that Paige is Coach P, Cameron couldn't contact her without breaking some rule or other.

Reaction Score
Okay, hear me out on this one.... Stanford went down in the round of 32. They are not known for having their skills truly developed while playing there. Stanford is losing some top seniors... but what if.... Cameron Brink were to Transfer to UCONN to be a Post player with Edwards. That would allow us to five Jana and Ice time to develop, which usually post/centers need that time to develop.... and then when Cameron and Edwards leave, they will be ready to take over as two of the post players to lead our team. We add Brink, who I think is friends with Paige... I can just see another championship in sight.
While Brink is the 1 player, that i would like from the portal if that was an option, i think she'll stay at Stanford. Next season it is her team to lead!

Reaction Score
Do players ever transfer out of Stanford before they graduate?
Just a notable fact: Dorka transferred out of OSU, and she graduated! (Majored in Economics).
So... I suppose a Stanford Player might transfer if she somehow got her degree early.
Also, because Cameron Brink is a Junior, she also is COVID year eligible, so we could readdress
this again next year. IMO, we don't need her, but if she wants another NC, she probably
won't get it next year in Palo Alto.

Reaction Score
I jokingly posted the other day that maybe Boston would use her covid year and transfer to UConn to see what she had missed out on. Maybe Brink will feel the same. They need to act fast... first come, first served! LOL
The draw for the two of them might be to get to play with their buddy, Paige, and they're soon to be buddy, Azzi. Who wouldn't want to play with those two?

Reaction Score
Just a notable fact: Dorka transferred out of OSU, and she graduated! (Majored in Economics).
So... I suppose a Stanford Player might transfer if she somehow got her degree early.
Also, because Cameron Brink is a Junior, she also is COVID year eligible, so we could readdress
this again next year. IMO, we don't need her, but if she wants another NC, she probably
every team in the country would love to have a player like Cameron Brink............she'd be an instant star at UConn and would increase the odds of another NC next season markedly...........that said, I have zero reasons to believe she's leaving Stanford.............if she ever contacted Geno, as soon as he managed to pick himself off of the floor he'd do whatever he could to convince her to come East......

Reaction Score
Yeah but Stanford is different than most schools. Players that go there are there for that Stanford diploma first, and basketball second.

Reaction Score
Why would Cameron want to go across the country to play another year at Division 1 level? I would certainly love to have her, but I don't think this dream is realistic.

Reaction Score
I see no upside for Cameron Brink to transfer from Stanford.
You mean other than maybe to have a shot at another NC, and maybe to play with her buddy Paige again? Of course, there's no way the Communications major at UConn is comparable with Stanford's, right? :D

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Welcome!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322_182844_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20230322_182844_Opera.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 73

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Brink transferring to any top team makes them almost an instant title contender. I highly doubt it happens unless she can graduate by end of summer, in which case going pro might be her best bet (I believe she’s eligible). I’d be surprised if she left Stanford, but I don’t see them being a title threat unless they significantly improve their guard play.

Out of the box idea, but I think Iowa would actually be a great fit for her. Get to play with the best passer in the country in Clark, much better spacing offensively for her to operate, and they’re great at developing posts footwork and moves. She instantly gives them a massive upgrade defensively and Iowa stays a legitimate title threat. Going from Bay Area to Iowa City would be a slightly different vibe to say the least, but from a basketball perspective I think it’d be a great fit.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If you have an idea, first look at the portal and I don't think you'll find a Stanford player
If I recall correctly....the last Stanford player to transfer was DiJonai Carrington. She transferred to Baylor for the 20-21 season.

DiJonai Carrington is an American basketball player for the Connecticut Sun. She played college basketball for Stanford and later Baylor before being drafted by the Connecticut Sun in the 2021 WNBA draft. Wikipedia

Reaction Score
I have read that Stanford has not embraced the NIL... Paige and Azzi are making more money at UConn than they would get from the WNBA. Brink might want some of that.. She could also make more money playing as a pro in Russia.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly....the last Stanford player to transfer was DiJonai Carrington. She transferred to Baylor for the 20-21 season.

DiJonai Carrington is an American basketball player for the Connecticut Sun. She played college basketball for Stanford and later Baylor before being drafted by the Connecticut Sun in the 2021 WNBA draft. Wikipedia
Jenna Brown to Notre Dame more recently. I think Maya Dodson (also to ND) was also after Carrington. I'm pretty sure all had earned their undergraduate degree prior to leaving Stanford.

Reaction Score
Juste Jocyte if she wills to go America for College when she can already be pro here

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Remember this about top players. They can go anywhere and play and start on most teams. When top players come to UConn they dont come to sit. They come here to play. When you have a player like Jana with her background she didnt travel across the world to sit. When you have a player like Yana and Ice and Azzi and Caroline and Paige they didnt come here to sit. Theyre gonna get playtime. Look at past top players they didnt come here to sit because they can go anywhere and start. Now with that said next season KK Ashlynn and Jana are all top players and they will see time because they are top players. Thats the way it works most of the time.

There are alot of teams that are happy to get a top 20 player. At UConn we have so many top 5 and top 10 players that need playtime. Players want to play for UConn because they know UConn. Those top players who go elsewhere good luck to them. One problem Geno has right now is he has Paige and Azzi and now Nika KK and Ashlynn. If your a top recruit knowing who is ahead of you and UConn is recruiting you what do you ask Geno???????? UConns roster is better then good.

Why I think UConn will win the NC this season. I think UConn can stop SCs guards and and I dont think SCs guards can stop UConns. I dont think SCs bigs will want to get in foul trouble against our athletic Dorka and Aaliyah. Now Dorka and Aaliyah wont want to get in foul trouble either so UConn may double down and Im not sure SC has the outside shooters that could contend with UConns outside shooters. If SC double down UConn has the shooters. SCs are good but not UConn good JMO With all that UConn will need their guards to rebound and Caroline and Griff give UConn something that other teams that have played SC dont have.

Reaction Score
We can't really actively recruit potential transfers that have not declared for the portal. What we can project, however, is that Uconn next year is loaded at 4 positions, and they even have talented prospects at the fifth, but no returning proven players there. We will probably be pretty good at the 5, and great everywhere else, but a very good experienced proven 5 could make us great at all 5 positions, and be the cherry on top of a perfect lineup.

If those relatively rare players get wind that Uconn might be looking at a player like them, that is good to know before they make their decision to play professionally, or consider returning to their existing school, or take the Covid year, or transfer to another school. So speculation on the possibility of going after a great 5 is good in my opinion, while not crossing the line by tampering with a star that has not indicated an interest in the portal.

Reaction Score
Do players ever transfer out of Stanford before they graduate?
I was thinking the same thing. Unless it's to an Ivy school that may offer a specific major or graduate program. Either way, Stanford students generally don't transfer out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom