Traci Carter (Committed to Marquette) | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Traci Carter (Committed to Marquette)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
3rd string? The only guy who would play in front of this kid is Adams and I can see them playing a lot together too.

Wojo or KO? Love Wojo's legacy but it's just that. Not even a cup of coffee after Duke but we can't seem to get them here. Sucks
yes, he would be behind adams, tsam, and quite possibly, cassell. so yeah, 3rd string at the very best. maybe i am wrong on this kid, but i don't see him as make or break.

Reaction Score
yes, he would be behind adams, tsam, and quite possibly, cassell. so yeah, 3rd string at the very best. maybe i am wrong on this kid, but i don't see him as make or break.

I will agree to disagree as I agree with you mostly. But again, if we don't do better than TSam, huge trouble. He doesn't have the game to stop the bleeding from the bench or bring in any scoring. Like him, but this year proved what I thought and Carter, just watching him, would take most of his minutes immediately. Just one mans opinion

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Marquette started recruiting the kid when we did - everyone currently on his list got in at about the same time.

No matter where he goes, he's going to face being recruited over.

I know UConn's in a fix at this point, but he's the best available point guard out there and we need another ball handler.

If they can't get him, it might be time to call it a day.

Reaction Score
I will agree to disagree as I agree with you mostly. But again, if we don't do better than TSam, huge trouble. He doesn't have the game to stop the bleeding from the bench or bring in any scoring. Like him, but this year proved what I thought and Carter, just watching him, would take most of his minutes immediately. Just one mans opinion
I hear ya. I just want Brown to reclassify so freaking bad. I would love to see a lineup of Adams, Brown, Purvis, Dham, and Brimah. Perhaps its this desire, that I just don't see Carter as a big deal.
We also have made the mistake of offering in panic. It never ends well. If Carter goes to Marquette, I would prefer to the staff to wait until the spring and see how the dust settles.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if we are still recruiting Malik Ellison. Or If we ever offered.

Minnesota is the hot name with him. He also mentioned Cal, Creighton, and South Carolina when interviewed a couple of weeks ago (although since then, Cal's gotten a commitment from another wing, Davon Dillard).

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Marquette started recruiting the kid when we did - everyone currently on his list got in at about the same time.

No matter where he goes, he's going to face being recruited over.

I know UConn's in a fix at this point, but he's the best available point guard out there and we need another ball handler.

If they can't get him, it might be time to call it a day.

This is starting to get god damn depressing.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I hope all our "drop offs" include a national championship.

No argument on the post season success as I'll take that every time over regular season success.

That being said, to count on miracle runs for titles can't be good for the long term health of the program.

2010 - NIT
2011 - 3 seed
2012 - 9 seed
2013 - Ban, if I had time guess, 10-12 seed.
2014 - 7 seed
2015 - TBD, 12 seed (if we win NCAAT) or NIT

Again, titles are amazing and the only thing that counts. I don't think that precludes us from having an honest discussion about the health of the program.

Reaction Score
Welp.

“@jmverlin: 2015 Life Center guard Traci Carter will be announcing his college decision tomorrow at noon at Life Center. @tra_carter”

Reaction Score
Welp.

“@jmverlin: 2015 Life Center guard Traci Carter will be announcing his college decision tomorrow at noon at Life Center. @tra_carter”

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Reaction Score
Not even getting a visit. Our recruiting needs help. Not a good sign at all. Plan H I think this will bring us to.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
No argument on the post season success as I'll take that every time over regular season success.

That being said, to count on miracle runs for titles can't be good for the long term health of the program.

2010 - NIT
2011 - 3 seed
2012 - 9 seed
2013 - Ban, if I had time guess, 10-12 seed.
2014 - 7 seed
2015 - TBD, 12 seed (if we win NCAAT) or NIT

Again, titles are amazing and the only thing that counts. I don't think that precludes us from having an honest discussion about the health of the program.
Absolutely. However, to say the program has seen a "significant drop off" and then support it using a list that shows 2 national championship does seem a bit odd doesn't it?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) Malik Ellison - No.

2) Brown - If he can reclassify, he will. It'll be a Clearinghouse call.

As for Carter, well, didn't that just follow the script...

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not even getting a visit. Our recruiting needs help. Not a good sign at all. Plan H I think this will bring us to.
ollie is still learning the game of recruiting... to bring in hamilton, adams, enoch, and not to mention being involved in daniels and boat, he's done a fairly good job...he's learning and will turn it around

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I'm calling it:

We're gonna end up with that midget who can only go left, whatever his name is. Unless things change quickly, our program will slowly become non-existent.

Reaction Score
More bad news. Press conference at 9. Choosing Willimantic Community College. Cancels visit to Uconn!

hqdefault.jpg

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I'm calling it:

We're gonna end up with that midget who can only go left, whatever his name is. Unless things change quickly, our program will slowly become non-existent.

You know what? When that happens (because it obviously will), I'll give you all the credit in the world. Midgets are killing UCONN basketball.

Gang_members_midgets.jpg

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You guys are all pathetic, there is no recruiting problem at all, we just won a title for crying out loud.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Welp.

Feelings?

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
You guys are all pathetic, there is no recruiting problem at all, we just won a title for crying out loud.
True, but most of those guys who won that ship were aquired when:
1. Calhoun was still the Head Coach
2. We were part of the best bball conf in the land

Those 2 factors DO matter.... And none are true today. Like my good friend Bob Dylan said: Times, they are a changing

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
True, but most of those guys who won that ship were aquired when:
1. Calhoun was still the Head Coach
2. We were part of the best bball conf in the land

Those 2 factors DO matter.... And none are true today. Like my good friend Bob Dylan said: Times, they are a changing

Teams in non-power conferences can succeed at recruiting (see VCU). They just have coaches with a ton of experience on the recruiting trail. Ollie doesn't yet.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Teams in non-power conferences can succeed at recruiting (see VCU). They just have coaches with a ton of experience on the recruiting trail. Ollie doesn't yet.
Your not wrong stairmaster, it can be done. But the fact remains, that our peers use to be SU KU UK Duke NC etc........ Now our peer is VCU?!?

Yes the times they are a changing

Reaction Score
Your not wrong stairmaster, it can be done. But the fact remains, that our peers use to be SU KU UK Duke NC etc... Now our peer is VCU?!?

Any chance you may look into a new team to root for?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Your not wrong stairmaster, it can be done. But the fact remains, that our peers use to be SU KU UK Duke NC etc... Now our peer is VCU?!?

We beat out Kansas and Louisville for Adams. We beat out Arizona and UCLA for Hamilton. Enoch got immediate high-level interest after killing Zimmerman (who everybody's recruiting) this summer, but most of them backed off as soon as we showed interest. We beat out Louisville and Florida for Facey.

We also beat out Marquette for a point guard - Cassell - last year.

It seems like we're probably doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer