Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everything on their teams revolves around him being unstoppable. Other guys are hardly making plays without Edey getting them wide open looks. Teams can’t get to the rim because of him either.

The other guys simply have to convert wide open looks he gets them and they can hardly do that.
Purdue is the #2 Three point shooting team this year in the game.

Reaction Score
Everything on their teams revolves around him being unstoppable. Other guys are hardly making plays without Edey getting them wide open looks. Teams can’t get to the rim because of him either.

The other guys simply have to convert wide open looks he gets them and they can hardly do that.

To beat them, you just have to have a center good enough to neutralize him and keep him from gettin the ball. I’m not worried at all about that with Don.
This take is so bad.

Jones, Smith and loyer can’t make open shots?

So what you’re saying is they have great roster construction lol.

“A center good enough to neutralize him”

Yea that’s so easy to find lol

Reaction Score
Do you let Edey get his and shut down everyone else? That might be the game plan.

Stick to the shooters and let Edey get as many 2’s as he wants. While attacking him and making him move in defense to hopefully get him either tired out or in foul trouble
Will be interesting to see how the better teams game plan for him. If the matchup with Purdue does happen,Clingan could suprise with his 3 pt game, I wouldn’t like Sampson Johnson matched up on Edey but team wise I kind of like it Sampson running the floor to tire out Edey, even going small is an option for maybe 2 minutes have a quicker team on the floor.

Reaction Score
I’m impressed with how strong Edy is … he powers the ball up and in through the foul. And he makes his free throws. 21 and 11 at the half is a good game for most college players .

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see how the better teams game plan for him. If the matchup with Purdue does happen,Clingan could suprise with his 3 pt game, I wouldn’t like Sampson Johnson matched up on Edey but team wise I kind of like it Sampson running the floor to tire out Edey, even going small is an option for maybe 2 minutes have a quicker team on the floor.
We’re better at every other position on the floor.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This take is so bad.

Jones, Smith and loyer can’t make open shots?

So what you’re saying is they have great roster construction lol.

“A center good enough to neutralize him”

Yea that’s so easy to find lol
A team is going to figure it out before they get to us. USU panicked in the beginning of the game and got into foul trouble.

1-3-1 might have some answers. Purdue is so easy to figure out if you have the personnel.

Reaction Score
A team is going to figure it out before they get to us. USU panicked in the beginning of the game and got into foul trouble.

1-3-1 might have some answers. Purdue is so easy to figure out if you have the personnel.
The part that you’re not realizing is the “if you have the personel” part is an extremely big factor. UConn, Creighton and Houston(?) may be the only teams “with the personel”.

I personally would love to see Kalk VS Edey. The guy who never fouls VS the guy who is always getting fouled. The unstoppable force VS the immovable object. Space and time may collapse on itself

Reaction Score
This game was over when Utah State wasn't able to hit shots. They did good things when they drew Edey out, but then went ice cold. Game over. If a team can hit threes, Purdue is very beatable. Now I'm focused on Duke losing.

Reaction Score
This is what Fairleigh Dickinson did last year in the first round. They had a 6' 6'' guy on Edey, but that guy could shoot 3s. So they involved Edey in a lot of pick and rolls and pick and pops to get open 3s. Edey doesn't like to defend out on the perimeter when the guy he is guarding can shoot. Also, FDU ran a lot. On defense they collapsed on Edey and dared the other Purdue players to hit their 3s, which was the roll of the dice they were willing to take. Purdue not only missed most of them, but they got really nervous (except for Loyer) as the game remained close and they knew they were about to be on the wrong side of history.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The part that you’re not realizing is the “if you have the personel” part is an extremely big factor. UConn, Creighton and Houston(?) may be the only teams “with the personel”.

I personally would love to see Kalk VS Edey. The guy who never fouls VS the guy who is always getting fouled. The unstoppable force VS the immovable object. Space and time may collapse on itself
Gonzaga may have the size… we’ll see. It’s a tough task but if Edey can be figured out, it’s not hard to have better guard play than Purdue.

Agreed Kalk vs Edey would be a fun matchup to see for sure. Big litmus test.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga may have the size… we’ll see. It’s a tough task but if Edey can be figured out, it’s not hard to have better guard play than Purdue.

Agreed Kalk vs Edey would be a fun matchup to see for sure. Big litmus test.
I will be pulling for Gonzaga from the Midwest bracket.

Reaction Score
I want Purdue to look weak, like every other UConn fan, but they're not weak. They haven't been weak all year. You can find fault with most teams, as nobody is perfect, but this Purdue team is really solid. And you can't say "what would they be without edey?" because they DO have him and he's THAT good.

Reaction Score
I want Purdue to look weak like every other UConn fan but they're not weak. They haven't been weak all year. You can find fault with most teams, as nobody is perfect but this Purdue team is really solid. And you can't say "what would they be without edey?" because they DO have him and he's THAT good.
This is 100% true. Even last year when they lost to FDU, it wasn't because of Edey. He still had a monster game.

Reaction Score
Even double bigs is an option.

Reaction Score
Double bigs kind of plays into Edey’s strength. Edey’s only real weakness is if he has to step out and guard in space. Double bigs means he will never have to do that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

It is amazing after the Celtics dumptrucking the NBA with Porzingis and Clingan and Edey tearing through college hoops that there are still "experts" (and many posters on this board) that would rather teams load up on tweeners that can kind of shoot rather than play someone close to the basket.

If the analytics "experts" really understood the math of basketball, every team would be playing someone inside.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
That's not it.

He knows he has nothing to cheer for with his lame school so he comes here to be connected with a winner and tries to add some humor with his stupid schtick.
My thinking is he gets hung for added mojo. If he goes along with the sentence he gets to stay and be his trolling àß after the tourney is over. If he doesn't go all ng he gets tossed and we don't have to read his nonsense. Win-win in my book.

Reaction Score
Double bigs kind of plays into Edey’s strength. Edey’s only real weakness is if he has to step out and guard in space. Double bigs means he will never have to do that.
Sampson isn’t really a big and he can play Edeys passing lanes, and on offense Clingan can play the top of the key drawing Edey out of the paint, again not ideal but an option. Got a ways to go let’s get to the sweet 16 tonight.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I swear, Osabor thinks he’s a guard. He’s killed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom