Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 1st Round | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 1st Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really ugly start for both FAU and Northwestern so far. Just bad offense and a lot of silly mistakes.
I’m enjoying that. Would like our opponent to play as bad as these two have.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
A. Anyone who watched KY play this year and had them advancing past the first weekend, shame on you.
B. They can’t afford to get rid of the worst coach in all of major college hoops. It is so delightful.
C. If you could get paid 50 cents to eat an ice cream sandwich or 80 cents to eat a crap sandwich, would you really want the extra 30 cents.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
We are all rooting for Northwestern, right? They suck. Who wouldn't want to play Northwestern in the second round?
And our Husky is better than theirs.

Reaction Score
How on earth did this Northwestern team beat Purdue and Illinois? They look like a team that would struggle with Georgetown.

Samoo

Reaction Score
I don’t see Hurley leaving what he’s got here. He’s the number 1 celebrity in the state, (UConn) fans love him. He reads social media, he sees how quick Kentucky fans would turn on him if he underachieves. Plus he loves the northeast.

With that said, I wonder how much money they’d have to offer where he couldn’t pass it up. 10 years $100 million? 5 years $75 million? At some point there is a number that’s too absurd to pass up…
If money isn't your primary objective, maybe not. Quality of life has its rewards.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
FAU has spent most of the first 15 minutes punching themselves in the face, and they are up 4 on Northwestern. Northwestern would have finished 10th in the Big East.

Samoo

Reaction Score
With Hurley proving to be one of the best in the biz, I hope a certain P2 program located close to his home doesn't come calling with multiple bags of cash knowing even their program could start winning conference championships with this hire. Hope Dan Hurley will retire a Husky.
I hope Dan Hurley wins one more title after this, then goes to the NBA with his coaching staff and revolutionizes the NBA with some smart/young team.

Reaction Score
We are all rooting for Northwestern, right? They suck. Who wouldn't want to play Northwestern in the second round?
That and I'd prefer the team that isn't returning just about everyone from a Final Four squad.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Live, at game speed, with the defender coming from behind, I don't think any ref could see that he only touched the ball and not the arm.

PFs were 21 each. It wasn't called favorably for Kansas overall. My comparison to the way PC/St. Johns games are often called against us stands. Aggressive on ball defensive teams that live off of steals get away with a lot of stuff and Samford did.
If a ref wasnt in position to see a clean block then he wouldn’t be in position to see body contact or getting a piece of the arm or hand ( which neither was close to happening)
So riddle me this joker , what was the ref in position to see?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If a ref wasnt in position to see a clean block then he wouldn’t be in position to see body contact or getting a piece of the arm or hand ( which neither was close to happening)
So riddle me this joker , what was the ref in position to see?
You think they see all the fouls they call? They're guessing a lot of the time. All those head snaps guys use, selling contact. Timberlake didn't even sell anything it was just the way the play went it looked like he was fouled in real time. So that's what they called. It's not complicated. It's not a conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom