Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 1st Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My wife mentioned that the #3 on Oakland looks like Chandler Bing

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Cal can complain about how hard it is to win with a young team for the tenth year in a row.

Reaction Score
I don’t see Hurley leaving what he’s got here. He’s the number 1 celebrity in the state, (UConn) fans love him. He reads social media, he sees how quick Kentucky fans would turn on him if he underachieves. Plus he loves the northeast.

With that said, I wonder how much money they’d have to offer where he couldn’t pass it up. 10 years $100 million? 5 years $75 million? At some point there is a number that’s too absurd to pass up…
With Hurley proving to be one of the best in the biz, I hope a certain P2 program located close to his home doesn't come calling with multiple bags of cash knowing even their program could start winning conference championships with this hire. Hope Dan Hurley will retire a Husky.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I don’t see Hurley leaving what he’s got here. He’s the number 1 celebrity in the state, (UConn) fans love him. He reads social media, he sees how quick Kentucky fans would turn on him if he underachieves. Plus he loves the northeast.

With that said, I wonder how much money they’d have to offer where he couldn’t pass it up. 10 years $100 million? 5 years $75 million? At some point there is a number that’s too absurd to pass up…

Apparently his buyout is something like $33 million.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
With Hurley proving to be one of the best in the biz, I hope a certain P2 program located close to his home doesn't come calling with multiple bags of cash knowing even their program could start winning conference championships with this hire. Hope Dan Hurley will retire a Husky.
Rutgers? I suppose he could view it as the Calhoun challenge, but even the 1980 UConn Huskies had a bigger following, more interest than any Rutgers team has ever had.

Reaction Score
If the East Region was nearly a landslide, the South Region is wide open. No. 1 seed Houston looks to reach the Final Four for the first time since 2021 -- and 28 of our experts believe in the Cougars. No. 3 seed Kentucky comes in ... dead even, with 28 votes, as well.

Reaction Score
Cal can complain about how hard it is to win with a young team for the tenth year in a row.
There is an element of truth to that. There is nothing like big game experience. Kenny Smith and Clark talked about it.

Reaction Score
UK fans are handling it fine:

IMG_0655.jpeg

Reaction Score
Rutgers? I suppose he could view it as the Calhoun challenge, but even the 1980 UConn Huskies had a bigger following, more interest than any Rutgers team has ever had.
I don't think every game at Greer was a sellout in the '80's. And there appears to be somewhat of a vacuum right now at the top of the B1G. Crazier things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom