Tough week for the Huskies | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tough week for the Huskies

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I hope you visit the racetrack occasionally, as well. Legendary sportswriter Joe Palmer's directions to the track: "Turn left at Albany and head back 100 years." Best horse racing in the world.
Oldest track in North America and one of the true pleasures of Saratoga. My usual bet is to pick 2 horses to win and also box them in an exacta. Sometimes I win. Most times I lose. But it's always a great day.

Reaction Score
Yes, I lost a bet with my wife on where we would retire. I was pushing for FL and she wanted Saratoga Springs, NY. Well, at least it's beautiful up here half the year and we don't have to deal with hurricanes. :cool:

Smart wife. You could become snowbirds for the winter. A friend lives in Albany 3/4 of the year and rents in St. Augustine the remaining 3 months. Loves it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Smart wife. You could become snowbirds for the winter. A friend lives in Albany 3/4 of the year and rents in St. Augustine the remaining 3 months. Loves it.
It's a nice thought, but my better half loves winter weather, so I purchased a 28" duel-stage Ariens snowblower and took up snow shoeing for exercise.

Reaction Score
Geno still has some options. Miss State has a 6'5" and a 6'3" coming. Maryland has a 6'5" and Olivia Owens coming. ND has Danielle Cosgrove. Collier put us in quite a predicament.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Oldest track in North America and one of the true pleasures of Saratoga. My usual bet is to pick 2 horses to win and also box them in an exacta. Sometimes I win. Most times I lose. But it's always a great day.
I'd offer a handicapping tutorial but as the saying goes, "You can't teach and old dude new tricks." So, enjoy.

Reaction Score
I hope you visit the racetrack occasionally, as well. Legendary sportswriter Joe Palmer's directions to the track: "Turn left at Albany and head back 100 years." Best horse racing in the world.
Always a great time in Saratoga during racing season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom