Tough day for the ACC - hahahaha | The Boneyard

Tough day for the ACC - hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Early game: BCU outclassed by 23

Afternoon game: VT crushed by 30

Late game: Duke humbled by xx?

and lets not forget Miami's spanking, Maryland's downfall, and GT's lesson.

God I hate the ACC!

They have to count on Cuse and Pitt to put W's on the board (oh ya and UNC)

Last edited:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
To be fair, they could also win the national championship this week. You forgot FSU

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Dunno -- How many TDs will the Aggie defense give up?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Early game: BCU outclassed by 23

Afternoon game: VT crushed by 30

Late game: Duke humbled by xx?

and lets not forget Miami's spanking, Maryland's downfall, and GT's lesson.

God I hate the ACC!

I agree with everything you've said and I was going to hit you up with a "like", until I remembered that you want us to join them by 2017 or you'll stop being a UConn fan. So...the ACC's got THAT going for them....which is nice.... :confused:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Has anyone looked at the B1G lately? They very likely could go 0-Bowl Season. Maryland lost to freaking Marshall and RU lost to ND. Minnesota lost to 'Cuse. They have to hope Nebraska beats Georgia, Wisconsin beats South Carolina, Iowa beats LSU, or Mich St. beats Stanford tomorrow. If they all lose they only have Ohio St left.

If anyone should be criticized, it's them. Louisville and ND are considered ACC schools next year so those two, plus 'Cuse, Pitt, and UNC leave them with 5 wins.

The American is not doing so hot either. ECU won, but Tulane lost and Cincy got blown out. Only have UCF and Houston left to play. Not so hot their either plus our opponents are not the same level as those the ACC or B1G are playing.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Has anyone looked at the B1G lately? They very likely could go 0-Bowl Season. Maryland lost to freaking Marshall and RU lost to ND. Minnesota lost to 'Cuse. They have to hope Nebraska beats Georgia, Wisconsin beats South Carolina, Iowa beats LSU, or Mich St. beats Stanford tomorrow. If they all lose they only have Ohio St left.

If anyone should be criticized, it's them. Louisville and ND are considered ACC schools next year so those two, plus 'Cuse, Pitt, and UNC leave them with 5 wins.

The American is not doing so hot either. ECU won, but Tulane lost and Cincy got blown out. Only have UCF and Houston left to play. Not so hot their either plus our opponents are not the same level as those the ACC or B1G are playing.
Or they could win all 4 and end up 4-3. A little early to bury them

Reaction Score
Feel bad for Duke right now. They were the most complete ACC team this side of FSU this year, even if they don't look like they have the athletes of some other schools. Cutcliffe is a GREAT coach.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Or they could win all 4 and end up 4-3. A little early to bury them

Or, they could go 5-2 and we could stop pretending that Rutgers and Maryland are in their league right now... ;)

Reaction Score
I agree with everything you've said and I was going to hit you up with a "like", until I remembered that you want us to join them by 2017 or you'll stop being a UConn fan. So...the ACC's got THAT going for them....which is nice.... :confused:

I really want UConn to be in a major conference, preferably the B1G, and I hope it happens by the end of 2017. Watching the mbb game last night in front of what I thought was 2,700 people made me sad. UConn is one of the top 10 all time mbb teams and they are playing in front of 2,700 people? This was one of UH marque home games and they draw flies, sad.

Rest assure to get through the next 3 years I have convinced myself 100% that Susan has a firm B1G invite in her hand, contingent upon acheiving AAU status and stadium planning. So for me its not a question of if , its a question of when.

The B1G is smart enough to realize that having strong flagship state schools, that dominate its state, will allow a conference to prosper over time. Give RU and Maryland four or five B1G years and their athletic prowess will increase measurable. The same holds true for UConn. I think the deal is done and the parties are waiting for UConn to achieve certain guideposts before its announced. Now how about that like?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I really want UConn to be in a major conference, preferably the B1G, and I hope it happens by the end of 2017. Watching the mbb game last night in front of what I thought was 2,700 people made me sad. UConn is one of the top 10 all time mbb teams and they are playing in front of 2,700 people? This was one of UH marque home games and they draw flies, sad.

Rest assure to get through the next 3 years I have convinced myself 100% that Susan has a firm B1G invite in her hand, contingent upon acheiving AAU status and stadium planning. So for me its not a question of if , its a question of when.

The B1G is smart enough to realize that having strong flagship state schools, that dominate its state, will allow a conference to prosper over time. Give RU and Maryland four or five B1G years and their athletic prowess will increase measurable. The same holds true for UConn. I think the deal is done and the parties are waiting for UConn to achieve certain guideposts before its announced. Now how about that like?

You tell me that you are committed to the University of Connecticut Athletics Department past the calendar year 2017, and I'll hit you with TWO "likes"! ;)

Reaction Score
Thinking logically, now that i 100% believe Susan has a paper B1G invite then of course I am 100% committed to UConn forever. If my world is rocked in 2017 then (after a short stay at the Hartford Insitute of Living) I will rebuild.

Reaction Score
Why? He is the most exciting player in college football and keeps you on the edge of your seat all the time

I was watching him on the sidelines and he just seems so smug. I just get the feeling he thinks a bit too highly of himself. His off the field antics pretty much prove it to be true.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Thinking logically, now that i 100% believe Susan has a paper B1G invite then of course I am 100% committed to UConn forever. If my world is rocked in 2017 then (after a short stay at the Hartford Insitute of Living) I will rebuild.

Very non-committal...

Reaction Score
The B1G is smart enough to realize that having strong flagship state schools, that dominate its state, will allow a conference to prosper over time. Give RU and Maryland four or five B1G years and their athletic prowess will increase measurable.

100% incorrect. In 4-5 years MD and RU will be totaling 8 wins between them in football and I don't think recruits will be lining up to get their nuts kicked in by the PSU/OSU/UMs of the world.

Reaction Score
100% incorrect. In 4-5 years MD and RU will be totaling 8 wins between them in football and I don't think recruits will be lining up to get their nuts kicked in by the PSU/OSU/UMs of the world.
exactly Matt...why stay home and get pummeled by those teams when you can play for them play at home 2x in your career and be with-in driving distance for your family every week.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score

You honestly think a top recruit is going to come here while having scholly's for Rutgers and/or Maryland in 4-5 years? What makes you think that? The AAC is that much more appealing to you that you think these kids are going to want to come here?

Reaction Score
You honestly think a top recruit is going to come here while having scholly's for Rutgers and/or Maryland in 4-5 years? What makes you think that? The AAC is that much more appealing to you that you think these kids are going to want to come here?

When Rutgers goes 3-9, 4-8, 3-9 the next 3 years and we win the AAC in year 3 under Diaco and go to a major bowl, I like our chances with our recruiting NJ and against Rutgers recruits.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
When Rutgers goes 3-9, 4-8, 3-9 the next 3 years and we win the AAC in year 3 under Diaco and go to a major bowl, I like our chances with our recruiting NJ and against Rutgers recruits.

How are we all of a sudden going to win the AAC? And why is Rutgers going to underperform in the BIG? If a recruit has the opportunity to be on television more times in one conference than another, not to mention the quality of opponents that they will be facing is superior in said conference, why would he choose us?

Giving our current record, it is not a given that UCONN will win this abomination of a conference. The only thing that is a given is Rutgers and UCONN share recruiting territories and one school is in a conference where the competition is greater and the national exposure is easier. All this other stuff where UCONN is in 3 years vs Rutgers is hypotheticals and blind faith.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

You can't reason with him.

I agree as I like our chances as well, because losing in the Big Ten is worse than winning in the AAC, period.

Reaction Score
How are we all of a sudden going to win the AAC? And why is Rutgers going to underperform in the BIG? If a recruit has the opportunity to be on television more times in one conference than another, not to mention the quality of opponents that they will be facing is superior in said conference, why would he choose us?

Giving our current record, it is not a given that UCONN will win this abomination of a conference. The only thing that is a given is Rutgers and UCONN share recruiting territories and one school is in a conference where the competition is greater and the national exposure is easier. All this other stuff where UCONN is in 3 years vs Rutgers is hypotheticals and blind faith.

I agree. Thank god I am convinced that Susan has that contingent B1G invite in hand so I do not have to consider those salient points that you made concerning the future in 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom