Tough crowd tonight. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tough crowd tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The interesting question is whether Benedict would have hired Diaco at the time Warde did. I wonder what qualities/philosophy his ideal guy would have needed to exhibit when measured against those who were available.

Reaction Score
The interesting question is whether Benedict would have hired Diaco at the time Warde did. I wonder what qualities/philosophy his ideal guy would have needed to exhibit when measured against those who were available.
Warde really screwed the pooch here. Thank God Michigan took him.

Reaction Score
If I am Benedict, I have to wonder why Diaco is the head coach. Why? He is looking to sell tickets and increase enthusiasm. Diaco is tamping it down by using UCONN as his test tube for 60's style football. No punt returns. Ultra conservative play calls. Bend don't break defense. In today's age, that equates to 20k for a home game. Add on his lunatic fringe comments and the task gets taller.

If by G-d's grace we get into the Big 12, Diaco will have no choice but to play football - not manage it.
Maybe Benedict could give Warde a call and see if he would trade Weist for Verducci even up.

Reaction Score
people who get free tickets, I shared your sentiment though. we had some guys in front of us sporting freshly purchased Uconn hats and when puyol got ready for a kick off I heard them exclaim PUYOL???? that sounds like poo hole!!!! get it?!?!?!?! all I could do was shake my head
Yeah poo hole was funny to me like in 5th grade. Do these dudes really think coaches and players hear them or are they more likely attention whores?

Reaction Score
people who get free tickets, I shared your sentiment though. we had some guys in front of us sporting freshly purchased Uconn hats and when puyol got ready for a kick off I heard them exclaim PUYOL???? that sounds like poo hole!!!! get it?!?!?!?! all I could do was shake my head

probably a topic for another thread, but the drinking at The Rent is a real problem as far as I'm concerned. No, check that, not the drinking - the drunkenness. How the he** can UConn expect people to bring families and little kids to these games (especially night games....) if people are sloppy drunk and screaming (at best) nonsense, and (at worst) obscenity-laden nonsense.

Reaction Score
probably a topic for another thread, but the drinking at The Rent is a real problem as far as I'm concerned. No, check that, not the drinking - the drunkenness. How the he** can UConn expect people to bring families and little kids to these games (especially night games....) if people are sloppy drunk and screaming (at best) nonsense, and (at worst) obscenity-laden nonsense.
I feel old, but yeah, it is absurd how obnoxious some of the antics have gotten the last several years. I don't know that i would want to bring my 5 and 6 year olds to a friday night game that's for sure.

Reaction Score
You don't have to be drunk to swear. I don't drink at all and I do have a big problem with swearing, unfortunately. I can even get women who know me to cuss like sailors.

Reaction Score
save for the fact that FHCRE had a competent OL with great backs, we have great talent on the outside/ TE position with a suspect OL literally screaming to be transformed into a spread offense.

Agreed. Opposing defenses have been running thru our porous OL at will for the past few years now. A good way to counter that is to go to spread. If the defense brings extra to the QB then BS should a few receivers available with 1v1 coverage. Defenses will just keep bringing it until we change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom