Tough crowd tonight. | The Boneyard

Tough crowd tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Couldnt believe the booing at the end of the 1st half.

Reaction Score
I get it. Very conservative for sure. That is as loud a booing i remember during an opener.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
"Coach, what's your plan to score more than the opponent? Because right now you don't seem to have one."

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, UConn has a habit of being totally disappointing in openers in most sports. Even our national championship basketball teams start out flat as a pancake. Weird.

Not throwing in the towel yet.

Reaction Score
If UConn's offensive clock management gets any worse, we're gonna start getting penalized for missing the coin flip. The coaches seem to have no instincts at all in this area, and it's amazingly frustrating when you're sitting in the stands watching opportunities slip away.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, Benedict knows from his time at Auburn how bad coaching can cripple a program.

I'm glad Benedict could hear the fans' frustrations with the coaching staff at the end of the first half. Hopefully it shows him fans of the program expect more from a staff than what we get to see on the field.

Reaction Score
Just finished the first half on DVR. Noel Thomas dropped a long pass at end of the 1st half that would have changed the complexion of the 1st half. Very next play Shirrefs misses on a play that would go a long way or possibly score. 2nd half to go, but my impression is that there were a couple of physical mistakes that can be corrected and that game last night is not as close.

Reaction Score
Just finished the first half on DVR. Noel Thomas dropped a long pass at end of the 1st half that would have changed the complexion of the 1st half. Very next play Shirrefs misses on a play that would go a long way or possibly score. 2nd half to go, but my impression is that there were a couple of physical mistakes that can be corrected and that game last night is not as close.

If Thomas catches that ball or Shirreffs hits him on the next play, or if we don't get the bad PI call, or Shirreffs simply takes a sack on the stupid play action and doesn't fumble, the score is probably more comfortable, but I'd still be worried. Even if all of those things go right and we win by 10 or 14 points, it wouldn't have changed the fact that:

1) We failed to push around Maine's defensive front until 2/3 of the way through the game,
2) The safety position looks to be a huge issue as we got burned deep over the middle several times,
3) We generated zero pass rush (even rushing 3-4 we should have been able to get some pressure),
4) The same coaching/game management brain farts are present, and
5) The offense is still overly reliant on QB scrambles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member