OT: - Total Knee Replacement on Friday 9/11 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Total Knee Replacement on Friday 9/11

Reaction Score
Really, would you want Skyball's "knee brittle"?
I have some pain that wakes me in the night if I don't take pre-sleep Tylenol and Ibuprofen (just one of each). Also am using a cream, Voltaren, on my knee. It'll be 8 weeks come Friday since surgery- I'm back to work (working from home), which has cut into exercise time. I'd like to devote more on-my-own exercise time two or three times a day. Overall, it's going okay but I need to push it more I think, at least PT person seems happy with progress. Getting swelling down too would be great- maybe more icing will help. Tried a couple of home made ice packs- hated the isopropyl alcohol & water especially the smell- the corn syrup idea is interesting, but the cheap bag of peas is the bees knees for me.

Reaction Score
I have some pain that wakes me in the night if I don't take pre-sleep Tylenol and Ibuprofen (just one of each). Also am using a cream, Voltaren, on my knee. It'll be 8 weeks come Friday since surgery- I'm back to work (working from home), which has cut into exercise time. I'd like to devote more on-my-own exercise time two or three times a day. Overall, it's going okay but I need to push it more I think, at least PT person seems happy with progress. Getting swelling down too would be great- maybe more icing will help. Tried a couple of home made ice packs- hated the isopropyl alcohol & water especially the smell- the corn syrup idea is interesting, but the cheap bag of peas is the bees knees for me.
Try the karo syrup cold pack. Works great. Nurse at hospital suggested in my pre-op orientation last fall for my 2 knee surgeries. Make two. keep flat in freezer.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
There's not much I can contribute to the conversation, as I have no experience with this procedure, so here's my best wishes for a speedy recovery @Conndog.

Has anyone ever conducted a survey of the average age of a Boneyarder? We do seem to be a bit ...unh geriatric.

9629BB0F-7D09-4477-A277-C5845204D128.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom