TOS Story on Terry Larrier | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TOS Story on Terry Larrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good stuff qdog and spot on from here.........although I know everyone wants Abu I would take Larrier and White and be happier as we speak.........plus I think they're both taller and longer despite not having the "bulk" at this point. Larrier just looks to me a like a puppy ready to grow up and be something really special. White's just a solid, intelligent basketball player. Can shoot it for a big guy and plays with a nice pace, no rush but gets it done. Like you I'm banking on video's but agree with your post and keep'em coming.......

Thanks @mauconnfan and I totally agree with your assessment. Larrier and White just seem to be underrated at this point and will only get better in our system. They both have good ball handling skills with an outsde game and both seem to be able to create their own shots. Having a team with ball handlers and shooters at positions 1 through 4 would be very tough to contend with especially in the NCAA tournament. Abu becomes more a premium if either Brimah, Nolan or Facey don't step up and work out as expected.

Reaction Score
I always thought from day one that Nolan would turn out to be one of those guys like Armstrong at some point and I actually think he's on an expedited schedule. The way he looked at end of the year, both physically and basketball-wise, makes me believe this year will be the beginning of a nice trend up in his impact. And I think there's some offense which eventually will show up with Phil. The one concern is he'd be a perfect PF at some point but in the Husky system as long as they have some size out there they can mix and match to get things done. Brimah is the bonus this year, anything form him even if only defense will be huge. Facey? Just hope he dons the Husky uni soon because I like his skillset...........

Reaction Score
I

I saw Larrier in person Tuesday-the dude is slight. Long but slight.i have no opinion on his ability to play the 4 having never seen him in a game but make no mistake he is skinny

Would love to get this kid. Ollie was fired up for his arrival thats for sure.
Larrier can play the 2,3 or 4. IMO

caw

Reaction Score
I don't post much, but I have read the Boneyard daily since it first starred (before the multiple migrations to this current home)

I have only seen these players game from their videos, but my favorite is Larrier and Paul White. I like Abu's work ethic and drive, but I feel Paul White has a similar work ethic with more offensive skill set. We could use Abu's bulk and strength, but Paul White plays with a certain level of aggressiveness and hustle that would fit nicely into our system. He just seems to play with a chip on his shoulder. I really like Paul White for the stretch 4.

For the 3 spot I really like Larrier. His game is very versatile and he seem to be able to play the 2, 3 or a stretch 4. I also like that he is the most athletic out of White, Abu and Robinson.

I would take any combo from Abu, White, Larrier and Robinson, but from my limited video observations I think Larrier and White give us the most flexibility in terms of lineup and skill set.

This is all just my opinion and based on no factual evidence other than watching a few videos of these players so your mileage might vary.

Only thing I disagree with is saying Larrier is more athletic than Robinson, but that's just my opinion.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I always thought from day one that Nolan would turn out to be one of those guys like Armstrong at some point and I actually think he's on an expedited schedule. The way he looked at end of the year, both physically and basketball-wise, makes me believe this year will be the beginning of a nice trend up in his impact. And I think there's some offense which eventually will show up with Phil. The one concern is he'd be a perfect PF at some point but in the Husky system as long as they have some size out there they can mix and match to get things done. Brimah is the bonus this year, anything form him even if only defense will be huge. Facey? Just hope he dons the Husky uni soon because I like his skillset...........

I agree with all this and I think he's a mentally tough kid.

Remember over the summer he was making FT's in the last minute of games for the select team he was on against Europe. We've all seen highlight films of these 4/5 players making jump shots in exhibitions and while playing street ball. Making those same shots in structured games takes a higher level of concentration and confidence.

Before he is done at UConn I think he ends up with numbers at least as good as 13 pts and 8 boards a game.

C

Chief00

Hearing good stuff about terry L , but robinson recruiting is very cloudy. .

I am hearing similar good stuff about Terry L's visit. Now we need to close the deal.

Reaction Score
I am hearing similar good stuff about Terry L's visit. Now we need to close the deal.

If not mistaken VCU has the last visit. I think we lead right now w/Miami in 3rd pre visit (JMHO). Mel Johnson (VCU) and TL are boys but that should not be a determinative factor in his decision any more than his relationship with Ja'Quan Newton (Miami). VCU is going to go harder after this kid than any other player they have ever recruited JMHO. Even if Shaka were to land Larrier his exit strategy from VCU could be made very easy after the year VCU is capable of having (without the Larrier/London dynamic in 2014 he def will bolt) leaving Terry holding the bag. Larrier is connected via social media w/ a VCU asst coach. The Tillman signing was very very interesting though for VCU. IF they somehow close on London they have burned all schollies for 2014 leaving over signing and attrition the alternative. Tillman is a riser and a good player but not Larrier.

Just some interesting recruiting poker going on.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If not mistaken VCU has the last visit. I think we lead right now w/Miami in 3rd pre visit (JMHO). Mel Johnson (VCU) and TL are boys but that should not be a determinative factor in his decision any more than his relationship with Ja'Quan Newton (Miami). VCU is going to go harder after this kid than any other player they have ever recruited JMHO. Even if Shaka were to land Larrier his exit strategy from VCU could be made very easy after the year VCU is capable of having (without the Larrier/London dynamic in 2014 he def will bolt) leaving Terry holding the bag. Larrier is connected via social media w/ a VCU asst coach. The Tillman signing was very very interesting though for VCU. IF they somehow close on London they have burned all schollies for 2014 leaving over signing and attrition the alternative. Tillman is a riser and a good player but not Larrier.

Just some interesting recruiting poker going on.
I would say UConn is all in. But don't have the short stack cause UConn already has been dealt a good hand!:)

Reaction Score
Personally I would love to get Larrier and Snider...and I would be fine to leave it at that. They both look like Uconn material to me, tough and aggressive.

Reaction Score
I would say UConn is all in. But don't have the short stack cause UConn already has been dealt a good hand!:)

I think we may end up playing with a strong hand equal to a -double belly buster higher end straight draw- that we make on the river w/ Larrier. VCU/Miami can only beat us by flushing us out and claiming the Larrier prize at the end. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom