TOS Story on Terry Larrier | The Boneyard

TOS Story on Terry Larrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have always been under the impression it is between VCU/UConn for Larrier with Miami a very close 3rd. His visits to Miami and VCU could change things due to recruiting fluidity. It was interesting that VCU inked Justin Tillman today. Now VCU is down to 1 available scholly with outstanding offers to both Larrier and Makinde London. VCU has put in more sweat equity with Larrier than UConn has but I have to think UConn may have a very legit shot at him.

Be nice to land TL. Very nice...

Reaction Score
take this with a grain of salt .. total guess. but I think we land terry L and Robinson , but lose white and abu.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
take this with a grain of salt .. total guess. but I think we land terry L and Robinson , but lose white and abu.

99, any rumblings about White? I'm interested in him since reading the post about how he apparently outplayed a bunch of higher ranked prospects (including Abu) prior to being hurt. He had some nice rebound numbers that our skinny 3-4 prospects (i.e. Larrier, Robinson) are not likely to be able to provide.

Reaction Score
99 do you have any good intel on this or is it just your gut telling you this? I've always thought we are getting Robinson, Larrier and Robinson would be the ideal scenario in my eyes.

Reaction Score
99, any rumblings about White? I'm interested in him since reading the post about how he apparently outplayed a bunch of higher ranked prospects (including Abu) prior to being hurt. He had some nice rebound numbers that our skinny 3-4 prospects (i.e. Larrier, Robinson) are not likely to be able to provide.

Not sure I'd describe Larrier as skinny. Seems to have a nice build.

Reaction Score

Larrier can guard 4 positions per "Munchy" and I believe him. As to rebounding he was averaging around nine (9) boards a game with Team Scan at one point. The ceiling on this guy is very high. Larrier will be able to board and I expect him to gain some more muscle by his Frosh year in college.

Reaction Score

Quite frankly that would be 1 hell of a coup. (emphasis added)

Reaction Score
Paul White is very good.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly that would be 1 hell of a coup. (emphasis added)

Larrier, Robinson, Hamilton, Purvis. Talk about people flying all over the floor. My god.

If Snider looks at that, his decision should be made. Add Calhoun, and hopefully Brimah/Facey/Nolan developing enough to hold it down at the rim. It would be sick.

Reaction Score
Have to think Larrier liked meeting his fellow Bronx native Kemba on his visit.

Reaction Score
Paul White is tempting to me. From what I gather, he's a bit more advanced in terms of skill at this stage than some of the other big men we're after, all-be-it, at the expense of some upside/potential. If he's an average or below average athlete but can compensate for that with a high basketball IQ, toughness, and skill, I'm more than ok with that. Plus, there is value in signing four year players like him that may not necessarily be on the NBA's radar. Three and four year character kids sprinkled in with some two and three year studs has been the recipe of success for this program, and I don't think it's going to change under Ollie.

Reaction Score
white...i hear his ceiling is kind of low compared to the others... but he has that adrien will... not the most natural player but will work hard

Reaction Score
white...i hear his ceiling is kind of low compared to the others... but he has that adrien will... not the most natural player but will work hard
not sure what you mean by not the most natural player, he is a very skilled face up 4 man, your description sounds more like Abu to me than White.

Reaction Score
I
Not sure I'd describe Larrier as skinny. Seems to have a nice build.

I saw Larrier in person Tuesday-the dude is slight. Long but slight.i have no opinion on his ability to play the 4 having never seen him in a game but make no mistake he is skinny

Would love to get this kid. Ollie was fired up for his arrival thats for sure.

Reaction Score
Good find clockshop. As for Paul White he is nothing like Jeff Adrien. He is extemely skilled for a 6'9 guy and while not a high flyer he is certainly athletic enough at 6'9. He can really handle the ball for a guy his height and has really nice pick and pop game, he's just a versatile player. he would have had a very big summer if not for the injury.

Reaction Score
I don't post much, but I have read the Boneyard daily since it first starred (before the multiple migrations to this current home)

I have only seen these players game from their videos, but my favorite is Larrier and Paul White. I like Abu's work ethic and drive, but I feel Paul White has a similar work ethic with more offensive skill set. We could use Abu's bulk and strength, but Paul White plays with a certain level of aggressiveness and hustle that would fit nicely into our system. He just seems to play with a chip on his shoulder. I really like Paul White for the stretch 4.

For the 3 spot I really like Larrier. His game is very versatile and he seem to be able to play the 2, 3 or a stretch 4. I also like that he is the most athletic out of White, Abu and Robinson.

I would take any combo from Abu, White, Larrier and Robinson, but from my limited video observations I think Larrier and White give us the most flexibility in terms of lineup and skill set.

This is all just my opinion and based on no factual evidence other than watching a few videos of these players so your mileage might vary.

Reaction Score
I don't post much, but I have read the Boneyard daily since it first starred (before the multiple migrations to this current home)

I have only seen these players game from their videos, but my favorite is Larrier and Paul White. I like Abu's work ethic and drive, but I feel Paul White has a similar work ethic with more offensive skill set. We could use Abu's bulk and strength, but Paul White plays with a certain level of aggressiveness and hustle that would fit nicely into our system. He just seems to play with a chip on his shoulder. I really like Paul White for the stretch 4.

For the 3 spot I really like Larrier. His game is very versatile and he seem to be able to play the 2, 3 or a stretch 4. I also like that he is the most athletic out of White, Abu and Robinson.

I would take any combo from Abu, White, Larrier and Robinson, but from my limited video observations I think Larrier and White give us the most flexibility in terms of lineup and skill set.

This is all just my opinion and based on no factual evidence other than watching a few videos of these players so your mileage might vary.
Good observations, keep posting!

Reaction Score

Good stuff qdog and spot on from here.........although I know everyone wants Abu I would take Larrier and White and be happier as we speak.........plus I think they're both taller and longer despite not having the "bulk" at this point. Larrier just looks to me a like a puppy ready to grow up and be something really special. White's just a solid, intelligent basketball player. Can shoot it for a big guy and plays with a nice pace, no rush but gets it done. Like you I'm banking on video's but agree with your post and keep'em coming.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom