TOS- Miller is gone | The Boneyard

TOS- Miller is gone

Reaction Score
True Husky as both a player and a coach. Ollie gave him credit for the gameplan against UK, so I think it's safe to say without him we don't win title No. 4.

Wish him nothing but the best moving forward. Thank you for your service to UConn basketball, Glenn.

Reaction Score
True Husky as both a player and a coach. Ollie gave him credit for the gameplan against UK, so I think it's safe to say without him we don't win title No. 4.

Wish him nothing but the best moving forward. Thank you for your service to UConn basketball, Glenn.
Agreed. Buddy played for him and thought he was a psycho, which is funny because that's not the Glen Miller we knew when he came back to UConn. He is a good guy and knows his basketball but it was time for a change. His game plan for UK and his final 4 dance moves will always be remembered in Husky lore.

Reaction Score
Is this premature speculation or fact? If fact please post where you saw it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I will break things down at the appropriate time .

When you say break things down, do mean like this?

uconn-628x350.jpg

Too soon?

Reaction Score
Sorry, but it is deserved. Ollie needs help on the bench with in game management and overall in terms of his offensive principles. Bring in a guy who knows his offense and how to develop big men.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It hasn't been working.

Change was necessary. Whether getting rid of Chief's nemeses will do the trick -- well, I guess we'll find out.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Agree with all of this, but I will still never forgive him for buttoning the top button on his polo shirts and then infecting the rest of the coaching staff with that look, which made them look like they just stepped off the short bus.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As I said in the Travis thread.

Benedict has expectations for the role each staff member has on a team. When the team isn't performing he goes looking for areas within the team to improve.

If Benedict thinks a coach has potential he asks for changes in behavior or they are gone.

If Benedict doesn't think they are value additive it's "here's the door".

I would be very surprised if Benedict doesn't have a job description with metrics for every AD staff member.

Reaction Score
As I said in the Travis thread.

Benedict has expectations for the role each staff member has on a team. When the team isn't performing he goes looking for areas within the team to improve.

If Benedict thinks a coach has potential he asks for changes in behavior or they are gone.

If Benedict doesn't think they are value additive it's "here's the door".

I would be very surprised if Benedict doesn't have a job description with metrics for every AD staff member.
You think that this is a P5 mentality?

I'm liking it.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised so much change is coming when the board insisted injuries were the only thing holding us back.

For the record, this move makes me uneasy. I'm not sure the right guys are taking the fall here.

And Chief...say what you want about the guy but he clearly seems to talk to somebody who matters.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We'll fire Miller and our bigs still won't improve. Who's to blame then?

Reaction Score
I'm surprised so much change is coming when the board insisted injuries were the only thing holding us back.

For the record, this move makes me uneasy. I'm not sure the right guys are taking the fall here.

And Chief...say what you want about the guy but he clearly seems to talk to somebody who matters.

I agree that I am also nervous that the wrong guys may be taking the fall but I don't really know who else you can look to but the strength and conditioning and the guy coaching the bigs until it comes time to look at the guy on the top if things don't improve.

I am also surprised but thrilled that someone in Storrs also was not buying the injuries were the only thing holding us back narrative pushed real hard around here during the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom