Tori McCoy will sign on Monday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tori McCoy will sign on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been seeing the package deal mentioned on message boards. Can you provide confirmation that McCoy's sister is part of a package deal to OSU?

BTW, Tori was never offered by UConn.
From what I heard it was all the parents doing. Talk about pimping out your daughters. Well maybe not on a Louisville level.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I don't blame the parents, I blame the coaches that allow it to happen. Family is only looking out for the interests of their kids and if they're able to parlay two scholarships, do you blame them? Kevin McGuff gave Kelsey Mitchell's father a job, so why wouldn't he give two scholarships if it gets him an elite player. BTW, I haven't seen any info that Tori sister will or has gotten a scholarship offer.

From what I heard it was all the parents doing. Talk about pimping out your daughters. Well maybe not on a Louisville level.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't blame the parents, I blame the coaches that allow it to happen. Family is only looking out for the interests of their kids and if they're able to parlay two scholarships, do you blame them? Kevin McGuff gave Kelsey Mitchell's father a job, so why wouldn't he give two scholarships if it gets him an elite player. BTW, I haven't seen any info that Tori sister will or has gotten a scholarship offer.

Remember Kelsey Mitchell's less-heralded sister Chelsey is also on OSU's roster as a scholarship player. It's a family package deal!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't mind family package deals. Schools like UCONN aren't necessarily the right place for situations like that, and I'm sure some other schools would shy away from it if it weren't the right situation.

Reaction Score
ericsandiego said:
I don't mind family package deals. Schools like UCONN aren't necessarily the right place for situations like that, and I'm sure some other schools would shy away from it if it weren't the right situation.

Here's confirmation that it is a package deal: https://mobile.twitter.com/adzilis

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Hey, cant win them all. I'm kind of peeved because Ohio State got two strong recruits from us.. but what can you do. We'll get ours, hopefully.

Next year, maybe? :confused:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Had to offer Tori's sister to have any chance with her. Did Dawn make the offer?

Hey, cant win them all. I'm kind of peeved because Ohio State got two strong recruits from us.. but what can you do. We'll get ours, hopefully.

Ha

Reaction Score
Believe I heard the announcement during the OSU game that this gal has committed to them.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

If you take 'em from Tennessee, you will make 99.9% of this board VERY happy!

Reaction Score
Dawn wouldn't do that. She is trying to build a program like UConn, Tennessee, Stanford and Notre Dame. They expect their recruits to make all the qualifications of a student-athlete. Tori was long considered a Tennessee lean and that was why she was waiting until April to sign at first... because she needed to make some requirements. OSU gave her a package deal and was willing to overlook some things she hadn't met for qualification (grades). Tennessee was giving her time to do so... in the end that wasn't enough.

Reaction Score
People who get excited about next year are the ones who have no chance this year. Recruiting is fun...playing the game is better. Coaching, Coaching, Coaching.

Reaction Score
People who get excited about next year are the ones who have no chance this year. Recruiting is fun...playing the game is better. Coaching, Coaching, Coaching.

Yeah, I lost that for the last 2 or 3 years. I started worrying about recruiting so much when I noticed how much other people focused on it. Now I feel like I know too much about 17 year old girls basketball players and that doesn't feel right. Distancing myself big time. I will look up a recruit after they commit to see her game but other than that it is just much more fun to focus only on the present.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I lost that for the last 2 or 3 years. I started worrying about recruiting so much when I noticed how much other people focused on it. Now I feel like I know too much about 17 year old girls basketball players and that doesn't feel right. Distancing myself big time. I will look up a recruit after they commit to see her game but other than that it is just much more fun to focus only on the present.

Remember the words of the Dalai Lama: "Only two days in your life are unimportant...tomorrow and yesterday."

Live for today, Baby!! It always come down to coaching anyway.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No respect loss with the McCoy father for asking for a scholarship for both his kids.
Much respect gained by the coaches (Dawn, Holly, Geno) who said no to the "package" deal.
Never had any respect in first for Kevin because of his selling out to Mitchell Family.
tOSU now over scholarship limit and must shed at least 2 players by my count.
Not buying the part of the McCoy story about the ability to play right away.
She would have averaged 30 Minutes per game with Lady Vols or Louisville as a freshmen.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Since I started this mess, let's call a truce.

The ' are a top 3 power in WBB...Ms Staley has them primed for an NC run. We can potentially have one of the best Final Fours in a long time...ND; S. Carolina; Baylor/Tenn./Maryland/Louisville; UConn...all stronger than last year.

Personally, I would love to see a strong Oregon State vs. Super strong S. Carolina somewhere in the tournament. Guess why!

We played in the NCAAT 2 years ago. Our fans talk about wanting to play Oregon State all the time.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
BTW, former Kentucky player and soon-to-be transfer Linnae Harper was at the game sitting behind the OSU bench.

Is McGuff trying to put together a team or collect players?

Reaction Score
BTW, former Kentucky player and soon-to-be transfer Linnae Harper was at the game sitting behind the OSU bench.

Starting to look like a scene from "Blazing Saddles": "We'll take Mavunga and Harper, but we don't want the Irish!"

Reaction Score
McGuff and Mulkey took the same math class. You have 2 certain scholarships open next year and another possible. So you sign four and have the potential of signing a fifth. That type of carelessness frustrates the heck out of me. I just feel as though coaches should honor the scholarships. Like seriously, why do you need 15 players with three or four playing the same positions.

SN: As a coach what would possess you to sign a package deal. Yea, you get your star recruit, but also get a recruit you really didn't want. Now you have the possibility of the sisters parents trying to strong arm you into giving the lesser sister playing time, by threatening to have your prized recruit transfer. So your stuck between a rock and a hard place. That whole situation seems like hassle.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

McGuff, the crime dog is trying to circumvent the rules, IMO. He's going to have to run off some of his current players to make the numbers work.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
nnd sooner or later we expect recruits to catch on, as they are doing at Baylor? NOT. Or maybe to my admittedly snobby mind it shows a lack of intellect (or maybe just common sense) on the part of recruits...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom