Tori McCoy will sign on Monday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tori McCoy will sign on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It would, but I wouldn't advise a kid to make a four year decision based on the results of one game. It's going to be a madhouse; Friday (work) night, home football weekend (lots of extra people in town), tight parking availability, etc. I'm leaving work a half hour early to make sure I'm in my seat on time. I'm sure a lot of people will miss the first quarter.
I'd be real happy if she based her decision on a team's last 1000 games or so.

Reaction Score
As a graduate, academics and athletics donor and season ticket holder in football, men's basketball and women's basketball it's a "we", not a "them". How many football coaches has Southern Cal gone through in the last 10 years?

How many National Championships/Conference Championships/Rhodes Scholars/Tradition has SCAR accumulated thru the last 100 years?? BTW, I must admit that I like the ESPN use of SCAR...as in boo-boo, owie, mistake, etc.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
This thread turned out to be so childish. :rolleyes:

Puh-leeze! You and many other "visiting" fans of Tennessee, SC, Louisville, Duke, Baylor, Rutgers and, now. California have been welcome to post here -- as it should be. This thread allowed some of us to have fun at your beloved school's expense. There was nothing vile or ugly or mean-spirited.

Now, you want childish? Read any thread about UConn on your message boards or -- better yet read how unwelcome any us are to post there.

And good luck to your LadyVols.. I hope they have an injury-free season. :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Puh-leeze! You and many other "visiting" fans of Tennessee, SC, Louisville, Duke, Baylor, Rutgers and, now. California have been welcome to post here -- as it should be. This thread allowed some of us to have fun at your beloved school's expense. There was nothing vile or ugly or mean-spirited.

Now, you want childish? Read any thread about UConn on your message boards or -- better yet read how unwelcome any us are to post there.

And good luck to your LadyVols.. I hope they have an injury-free season. :)
images

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
long as the Lady Gamecocks win they're be the 2nd most hated team in the WCBB

There's something to be said about being hated. They dropped "lady" from their nickname about 15 years ago, btw, though many of our fans still use it.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Almost 17,000 at the game Friday night and almost 14,000 at the game today. If she likes playing in front of big crowds, hopefully she will pick the Gamecocks. It's always a plus when you get the last official visit.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
There's something to be said about being hated. They dropped "lady" from their nickname about 15 years ago, btw, though many of our fans still use it.
oh I dont follow them that closely... surprised they dropped it, who was the coach at that time. thanks for the update tho, seriously

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Believe it was using a teleportation device between Moscow and Georgia so they could personally chauffeur the recruit to an awards ceremony.
The catered job in Geno's office was a one man (woman) operation before they got their act together.
Yea, I was trying to mix the two. :cool:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well sir, they ARE a Johnny come lately, but, on the other hand, they ARE coming on strong. Imho, it is good for |WCBB for the Huskies to have two strong challengers, maybe three if Kim uses her bigs effectively. The LV and Buckeyes still have to prove that they fit that definition. Might happen, might not. Anyway, much as I enjoy the Huskies rolling over everyone, it is also good to have a modicum of excitement from time to time. (As witness the Pats yesterday. Whew!)

Reaction Score
Doesn't matter. USC = University of Southern California. The Trojans.

Your S. Carolina is a Johnny come lately.

Since I started this mess, let's call a truce.

The 'Cocks are a top 3 power in WBB...Ms Staley has them primed for an NC run. We can potentially have one of the best Final Fours in a long time...ND; S. Carolina; Baylor/Tenn./Maryland/Louisville; UConn...all stronger than last year.

Personally, I would love to see a strong Oregon State vs. Super strong S. Carolina somewhere in the tournament. Guess why!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well sir, they ARE a Johnny come lately, but, on the other hand, they ARE coming on strong. Imho, it is good for |WCBB for the Huskies to have two strong challengers, maybe three if Kim uses her bigs effectively. The LV and Buckeyes still have to prove that they fit that definition. Might happen, might not. Anyway, much as I enjoy the Huskies rolling over everyone, it is also good to have a modicum of excitement from time to time. (As witness the Pats yesterday. Whew!)
Since I started this mess, let's call a truce.

The ' are a top 3 power in WBB...Ms Staley has them primed for an NC run. We can potentially have one of the best Final Fours in a long time...ND; S. Carolina; Baylor/Tenn./Maryland/Louisville; UConn...all stronger than last year.

Personally, I would love to see a strong Oregon State vs. Super strong S. Carolina somewhere in the tournament. Guess why!
I just meant with their name. These Gamecocks keep stealing someone else's nomenclature.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
As expected Tori chooses The Ohio State.

BREAKING: St. Thomas More senior Tori McCoy chooses The Ohio State over South Carolina.

The announcement that she was going to sign the day after the So Carolina visit even before she visited them, led to the conclusion she had already made up her mind. Free visit to see her future team play an elite team.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Nice pick up for McGuff... I always wonder why the dramatics though. If you know where you wanna go just say it. Are the free trips really that great?

Reaction Score
Tennessee was eliminated when Madison McCoy didn't receive a scholarship offer from Holly. Madison barely played her freshman year, sat out injured her sophomore year and has yet to show anything this year and she had offers from every D1 school Tori was considering... except Tennessee and UConn.

Reaction Score
Tennessee was eliminated when Madison McCoy didn't receive a scholarship offer from Holly. Madison barely played her freshman year, sat out injured her sophomore year and has yet to show anything this year and she had offers from every D1 school Tori was considering... except Tennessee and UConn.

Now I understand why Geno did not offer and ran away as fast as he could. There was some interest at the beginning.

Reactions: HGN

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Nice little tid bit of info there.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I've been seeing the package deal mentioned on message boards. Can you provide confirmation that McCoy's sister is part of a package deal to OSU?

BTW, Tori was never offered by UConn.

Reaction Score
Caretti is going to Ohio State too. Maryland/Ohio State will be the equivalent of Texas/Baylor and South Carolina/Tennessee. It will be a battle for top dog in the Big 10, Big 12 and SEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom