Top UConn Problem Players in C. Creme's Bridgeport | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top UConn Problem Players in C. Creme's Bridgeport

Reaction Score
Out of all the likely match-ups I would be most worried about Diamond Johnson on NC State. I think she has the potential to score and pass even against a good defense. Perhaps a little like Ari McDonald against us last year. Howard I think we could handle, maybe by putting size on her with Aaliyah, mixed with some Nika.

I can't recall how well we defended Czinano, but Liv may have enough length to bother her by herself, and if you take the inside part away from the inside out threat it makes guarding Clark at least easier. Cunane might be a problem if we need to double her because she is a pretty good passer.
IMHO Cunane is one of the most underrated players in the country.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Dayum - tough crowd! I may now know what "sarcastically good" is, but the OP was just talking about potentially challenging players we may have to face in the current Creme bracket. He wasn't saying those teams were going to beat us, and his point wasn't to discuss the problems they would have with guarding or stopping UCONN.

His last question - "Who poses the biggest problem for UCONN?" (at least I think that's what he meant)... seems to be the gist of his points...

We know potentially what all of our players can do. I'm hoping that the almost 2 weeks off between the BET and the start of the NCAA's gives everyone a chance to return to 100% health, supreme confidence, and re-meshed team chemistry (not that the chemistry was ever bad - this team is super close and tight - I meant re-acclimating. Paige and the on-court chemistry).

Anyway I'm not sure why anyone would have an issue with a list of really good players we might potentially face. Didn't we have these same discussions when we played DePaul (Morrow), Seton Hall (Park-Lane), Villanova (Siegrist), etc.?

Reaction Score
Good post and set of assessments. As with last year, I am most worried about the teams with 2-3 quick, fast, good shooting guards. Oregon, Kentucy and Baylor come to mind. Nika can slow down one of the guards, but she gets handsy against quick guards and tends to foul. We should beat all these teams but if 2 of the 3 get hot, game will be difficult.
From what I have seen Baylor will be toughest, Kentucky can surprise if 3 pointers falling but I certainly think UConn wins if the game is at Bridgeport, and although Oregon beat UConn this season I expect UConn will win the rematch.

Reaction Score
From what I have seen Baylor will be toughest, Kentucky can surprise if 3 pointers falling but I certainly think UConn wins if the game is at Bridgeport, and although Oregon beat UConn this season I expect UConn will win the rematch.
Who did not play in the Oregon game?

Reaction Score
Ok I understand, high school shooting near the end of her senior year which is what her and Azzi and all those other players were ranked and recruited on, doesn’t count. Your logic is impeccable. :rolleyes:

How about only counting CD’s shooting for the season before having a serious head injury.???

Reaction Score
Other than Azzi and Paige the killer was CW just before game time.
Yeah, I was there. Just wanted to point out that Oregons win didn’t mean much when we had 40-60 points seating on the bench.

Reaction Score
Great descriptions of each round. See, uconn's defense against high scoring teams has been impressive this year. We have three freshman, and a transfer grad that makes this team, obviously different than from last years, in Iowas, Oregon, and Baylor's cases. I don't think neither of those 3 teams have faced this type of uconn defense this year. Once paige assimilates back into game form, this team is going to be scary on both offense and defense.

Also add in what dorka, azzi, and Caroline bring to the table. Uconn has two starting line up that can go against any top 10 team, and actually win. "Uconn is battle tested" is an understatement ar this point. If they stick to their new found defenseive urgency for 6 games, they'll win the national championship.
This is what I have been Saying. Their defense this year is the best they they have had in the last 5 years. they will score enough points to win the game because they have the defense to win the game. We have 8 legitimate scorers on the team that can over power any team out there. Other teams might have gotten better as a lot of posters have stated, but, we have gotten a lot better than they have. NO12 is in sight. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
And one overlooked factor about Paige. I doubt when the real games start and is crunch time or a very close game, that she will want to be on the bench or that Geno will not have her on the court….

Reaction Score
And one overlooked factor about Paige. I doubt when the real games start and is crunch time or a very close game, that she will want to be on the bench or that Geno will not have her on the court….
Overlooked by?

Reaction Score
Overlooked by?
It was a response to those who are still propping up Nika and still continuing to talk about Paige’s condition….which now Geno has cleared up as how she is back to top condition before injury….I have no doubt when in a deciding game to move on she will be in the game. Just that.

Reaction Score
My thoughts exactly. I mean doesn’t the other team have to contend with three National Players of the Year, two more who almost were National Players of the Year, and four more (Edwards, Westbrook, Muhl, Dorka) who have absolutely blossomed under Geno and Chris Daily.
In my opinion, the other teams have 8 UCONN players to worry about. Anyone of them or multiples of them could go on a scoring tear that would end their day in the NC. Their defense is a big plus. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
It's great that we have had another 2 weeks for Paige to heal and get in some reps. I think the same might apply to Caroline as well because whatever hit her almost definitely affected her. If an opponent team gets hot anyone can beat us on a down day but the same could be said for Uconn. We can certainly get hot as well. They need to play loose and pressure free. It's a game folks. Give it your best but have fun. Focus on helping the team in any way you can rather than thinking about your performance or expectations.

Reaction Score
I see a lot of ppl just assuming Kentucky is going to be Uconn matchup in rd of 16 and I'm not sure why. I would not even put it past Princeton to possibly upset. Kentucky got hot, but does not always mean it translates to the Ncaa tournament. Indiana I still think has the experience and grit to make it to the sweet 16 + they're home games for them in Bloomington.

Reaction Score
Bloomington is only maybe a 2-3 hour drive from Kentucky if I remember correctly. After the teams Kentucky has recently knocked off I'd probably give them an edge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom