Top centers next season? | The Boneyard

Top centers next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We all pretty much know about Harrison, Williams and Stokes, but what other centers should round out the top 5 next year? Coates from SC, I would think? Who else? Maybe Hamby from Wake? Alleyne from Oregon (or is she more of a forward?)...

And yeah I know Stewie can play in the post, but she's really more of a 4 even tho she can pretty much play anywhere... She'll be at the top of my list of best forwards next season...

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
McGee-Stafford on Texas
Hamblin on Oregon State

Gray on Cal is a PF, IMO not a Center.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
We all pretty much know about Harrison, Williams and Stokes, but what other centers should round out the top 5 next year? Coates from SC, I would think? Who else? Maybe Hamby from Wake? Alleyne from Oregon (or is she more of a forward?)...

And yeah I know Stewie can play in the post, but she's really more of a 4 even tho she can pretty much play anywhere... She'll be at the top of my list of best forwards next season...

Hamby is solid. I don't really think of her a center. Wake's roster lists her as forward. Then again, Wake doesn't list anyone as a center.

You got the first 3 names that came to mind for me. Harrison, Williams and Stokes. I'd definitely throw in Coates, too.

I suspect someone will surprise us. Don't rule out Mercedes Russell or Taya Reimer in year two.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hamby is solid. I don't really think of her a center. Wake's roster lists her as forward. Then again, Wake doesn't list anyone as a center.

You got the first 3 names that came to mind for me. Harrison, Williams and Stokes. I'd definitely throw in Coates, too.

I suspect someone will surprise us. Don't rule out Mercedes Russell or Taya Reimer in year two.
Reimer for sure. Russell will be coming off the bench. I'm sure she will be solid....

Reaction Score
Lots of sophomores that may really come into their own.. Mavunga, Russell, and Reimer come to mind immediately. There may be some who are seldom on TV that should be mentioned..... Rachel Holivey maybe.... Looking forward to the next season.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

No way Reimer is a 5. She may play in the middle for ND but she is a forward doing it.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If you're a WNBA team do you draft Kiah or Elizabeth Williams? Have to think they'll be the first two centers taken. Wonder how serious Williams is on being a doctor and will the additional education requirements, mena she won't be interested in a WNBA career.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
No way Reimer is a 5. She may play in the middle for ND but she is a forward doing it.

I agree that she'll be playing out of her most natural position, but she will be playing center next year.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I agree that she'll be playing out of her most natural position, but she will be playing center next year.
Kinda like Hamby, who you said the same thing about.

There are very few centers in WCBB.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If you're a WNBA team do you draft Kiah or Elizabeth Williams? Have to think they'll be the first two centers taken. Wonder how serious Williams is on being a doctor and will the additional education requirements, mena she won't be interested in a WNBA career.
Kiah's mother is an anesthesiologist. Does she want to be a doc too?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Harrison needs to work on extending her range in the off-season. She took 6 shots in the loss to Maryland. That's not enough.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Harrison needs to work on extending her range in the off-season. She took 6 shots in the loss to Maryland. That's not enough.

No one got enough shots on last season's Vols except…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom