OT: - Top 5 Rappers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Top 5 Rappers

Reaction Score
Black Thought of the Roots and Pusha T/Clipse have to get some recognition here just from a technical standpoint.

Also - if you are a rap fan check out Freddie Gibbs if you haven't heard of him - guy is a surgeon

Gibbs might be too grimy for a lot. Gary Indiana

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Tupac
Rakim
KRS 1

Damn this is hard...there's so many criteria...

Mos Def?
Dre/cube/snoop?
Chuck D?
Biggie?
Eminem?

Supernatural? ...a shoutout to free stylers

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Tough to pick 5. Gun to my head its Biggie, Rakim, Eminem, JayZ, Cube (could easily replace most on that list: dre, pac, KRS 1, Chuck D, most members of Wu-Tang, Nas, Kendrick)

edit: my list completely dates me.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
No it's just recognizing he's doesn't right his own stuff, his lyrics aren't mind blowing and there many older MCs who are leaps and bounds better
You gotta take in the fact that he’s the most influential rapper in society besides Kanye.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Fine guys. I’ll bring the evidence.

Exhibit A:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don’t give much into sales but Eminem’s album sales are the best (or close to the best) in the history of rap.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It's fair to say he was a hell of a rapper as well.
I think the best. From his albums to freestyles to diss tracks etc everything flowed and they had emotion

Reaction Score
I think the best. From his albums to freestyles to diss tracks etc everything flowed and they had emotion

That's one of my qualms with eminem stans they act like he created rhyme schemes no one else ever did, he created emo rap and no one did it beforehand, everything he put was flawless, etc

That's not the case. He's one of the greatest but to me he's bigger than he really is because he's white. And this is coming from an Italian American.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That's one of my qualms with eminem stans they act like he created rhyme schemes no one else ever did, he created emo rap and no one did it beforehand, everything he put was flawless, etc

That's not the case. He's one of the greatest but to me he's bigger than he really is because he's white. And this is coming from an Italian American.
Never sad he was the first... But now we have to bring race into it? I'm an Italian American too, so what? Should I not put Lupe in it because he wasn't one of the originals?? Surprised it got to page 2 before color got involved.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom