Top 5 Husky dunkers of all-time. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Top 5 Husky dunkers of all-time.

Reaction Score
Still the best dunk I've seen.
Not to be a party pooper but Burrell jumped over RRodgers and stole the ball. It wasn’t a dunk but it was in ACC-BE challenge.

My recollection of Scotty’s last year is they weren’t a great team, but Burrell would get one alley oop to highlight every game.
My top 5
Burrell
Sticks
Donyell
Ray
Boat

Honorable mention TRob for best dunk ever

C

Chief00

I didn't remember we used to have so many great players....

Dunks were great, but take a look at all the players who could pass. Rudy, Doron and Kevin all made great outlet passes and Sheffer's bounce pass through traffic to Ray for the dunk was classic and not a one off either.

Saw many of a Calhoun practice where they did the rebound to layup full court drill where the ball never touched the floor. I asked Kevin once why he didn’t continue regularly using that drill and I didn’t completely follow the answer - something about how the defense is position differently now with the 3 point shot and rebounds are more dispersed. I was silently thinking how can we break when we don’t defend or rebound well. It’s much easier to do when you lead the country in rebounding.

C

Chief00

Bad take from a casual fan with no long term memory. Ray was an explosive jumper and dunked in traffic a ton.
You really need to read my posts again - you are arguing against a straw man.

C

Chief00

Only in Chief world does one’s actual words constitute a straw man.
I said I wasn’t sure about Ray being the all time dunker - suggested Rudy and Sticks. Quite frankly, it’s a silly argument since I said nothing negative about Ray or that he did not deserve it - I guess some here wanted a coronation - but it’s a sports forum - where these types of questions will get various names thrown in the hopper.

Reaction Score
Tony Robertson's dunks would come out of nowhere, much like most of Robertson's game. He would be invisible to the point that you would forget he was on the court, and then out of nowhere would come a crazy dunk.

Edmund Saunders would dunk like the rim owed him money.

Lyman Depriest was a good dunker, and I think that is the only way he could score.

Whatever became of Robertson?
And Depriest didn't need to score. Just ask Dana Barros. For him to do what he did to shut down Barros (as a freshman yet) in the NIT Semi was unbelieveable.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
As an apprentice Chief, I'll admit I knew that but just couldn't think of Rogers' name.
There is something else about that play I really didn’t want to say. It wasn’t a dunk. He stole the ball by jumping over Rogers and grabbing the ball when he came down. It was right in front of me and one of the most athletic plays I’ve ever seen

Reaction Score
Sticks Robinson is one of my favorite all time Huskies because of his dunking ability. Dude could ignite a crowd instantly.

Reaction Score
I said I wasn’t sure about Ray being the all time dunker - suggested Rudy and Sticks. Quite frankly, it’s a silly argument since I said nothing negative about Ray or that he did not deserve it - I guess some here wanted a coronation - but it’s a sports forum - where these types of questions will get various names thrown in the hopper.

You didn't put him in the top five.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Whatever became of Robertson?
And Depriest didn't need to score. Just ask Dana Barros. For him to do what he did to shut down Barros (as a freshman yet) in the NIT Semi was unbelieveable.

He played overseas for a while then came back to UConn and finished up to earn his degree. I forgot what line of work he's in now, but he's doing pretty well.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Charlie V could flush it awfully well.

Saw a 360 at the Meadowlands against Seton Hall that I’ll never forget.

C

Chief00

also surprised not more mention of Dyson. Guy attacked the rim.

DM's 360 vs the Hall will always be my fav dunk

He did attack the rim in a sometimes spectacular fashion; does he get demerit points for his misses?

Reaction Score
Lyman’s dunk from top of the key in the NIT game against VCU brought the house down in the old field house and loved UCONN basketball after....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom