Top 5 Husky dunkers of all-time. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 5 Husky dunkers of all-time.

Reaction Score
For those old enough to have witnessed, Donyell did a couple of 360 dunks during big eat games ( when big east east great). And I remember Ray's freshman year against Syracuse, he took off from just inside the free throw line ( thought it was a layup) and slammed it down with one hand. To these guys were one and two in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I didn't remember we used to have so many great players.........

Dunks were great, but take a look at all the players who could pass. Rudy, Doron and Kevin all made great outlet passes and Sheffer's bounce pass through traffic to Ray for the dunk was classic and not a one off either.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Tony Robertson's dunks would come out of nowhere, much like most of Robertson's game. He would be invisible to the point that you would forget he was on the court, and then out of nowhere would come a crazy dunk.

Edmund Saunders would dunk like the rim owed him money.

Lyman Depriest was a good dunker, and I think that is the only way he could score.

Reaction Score
While Burrell may not have been one of the top 5 UConn dunkers, he absolutely had one of the best dunks in UConn history. I believe it was against Wake Forest, he literally jumped over the defender, spread eagle, and dunked.

Doug Wrenn, if I remember right, jumped over the mascot and dunked during midnight madness.

Reaction Score
For those old enough to have witnessed, Donyell did a couple of 360 dunks during big eat games ( when big east east great). And I remember Ray's freshman year against Syracuse, he took off from just inside the free throw line ( thought it was a layup) and slammed it down with one hand. To these guys were one and two in my opinion.
Exactly! Anyone that doesn't have Donyell #1 is either a baby or is suffering from memory loss. Sticks, Rudy and Ray are up there as well. Tough call on #5 but, yeah, Burell was wicked athletic.

C

Chief00

Lol wut? Ray was an all time dunker.

This is bordering on 11:11 levels of stupidity from you. Sad.

As I said, not so sure on Ray being the all time dunker. I would have picked Rudy. Doesn’t mean Ray wasn’t an excellent dunker and doesn’t mean he wasn’t the greatest - I am just not sure. For that you call me “stupid”.
I also like Stick’s vertical dunking from a standing position - he was quick and an explosive vertical dunker. Ray and Rudy liked to glide in.
At any rate, you sound like a Casual First Night Fan - so I will defer to you on this all important subject - LOL. And anyone, who prefers a dunker other than Ray is “stupid”. Have fun in your parent’s basement. Chief has bigger issues to follow.

C

Chief00

Re-watch the recently posted Ray mix. Even if you don't change your mind, you'll still love it.

I responded to another poster who had similar thoughts - at least you did not call me “stupid” for saying “I am not sure” if Ray was the best UConn dunker ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom