Top 5 Husky dunkers of all-time. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Top 5 Husky dunkers of all-time.

Reaction Score
Any UConn list of any kind without Johnnie Selvie on it is blasphemous :)

Reaction Score
I think Calhoun used to let his warrior players highlight their potential NBA position in their senior year. Burrell became more of an outside shooting 2 guard his senior year. The same think happened with K Free. He was a warrior down low, but he had no shot at the NBA with that game. His senior year I remember him playing outside the paint a lot more.

Re Burrell's athleticism, I played tennis with a number of the players in 1992. All were decent guys. Most were terrible at tennis regardless of being D1 athletes. It was clear that Burrell was the most natural athlete of all of them. I tried to lob over him once... once.

Someone stated that he remembered Toraino's famous dunk seeming more spectacular. I remember that one, and Burrell's alley oop at the first Gampel St. John's game being fantastic, but I agree that they seem more commonplace in highlights. My theory is that: i) there were a lot less highlight dunks back in the early 90s; and ii) Calhoun's teams, in particular, back then didn't dunk as much as other teams. I know he didn't tell them not to dunk, but I'm assuming if they missed they knew they'd get the treatment (probably right on the court).
Sounds about right, although I do remember with Burrell that he'd have at least one alley-oop or other dunk per home game, virtually guaranteed. His athleticism was just so much better than anyone else on the court that it was inevitable and fun to wait for knowing it was coming.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I agree with Rudy and Sticks - not so sure about Ray. Dre also, not so much due to creativity but sheer power. Granted, Wrenn and Williams are both on in the what might have been category.
Has Rudy Johnson been forgotten?

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Our best dunker...
@andrejackson5 on Instagram: “Game tomorrow 2:30 at Fulton Montgomery community college pull up early for seats”

My. Goodness.

This kid is going to be so much fun to watch next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom