Top 5 dunkers ever | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Top 5 dunkers ever

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I loved the attitude Boatright played with. Give me a team full of those guys. I never understood why he never dunked off of one foot.
I felt he always had a chip on his shoulder. I loved his toughness but that apparent anger kept me from loving him.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Does anyone remember this dunk…

Game happened at Gampel (I think it was a conference game) at some point between 2001 - 2007.

It was a 3 man fast break. First guy threw an alley oop to the second guy coming up the left who passed it in the air for an alley oop for the third guy coming from the right.

As a kid, I remember it was epic.

I’ve never been able to find the video (and don’t remember when it happened exactly except for being in that general time frame above).

If someone remembers what year that was / can find that video you would be my hero.

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember this dunk…

Game happened at Gampel (I think it was a conference game) at some point between 2001 - 2007.

It was a 3 man fast break. First guy threw an alley oop to the second guy coming up the left who passed it in the air for an alley oop for the third guy coming from the right.

As a kid, I remember it was epic.

I’ve never been able to find the video (and don’t remember when it happened exactly except for being in that general time frame above).

If someone remembers what year that was / can find that video you would be my hero.
I can't help you on finding the play, but just picturing your description gives me chills. Nothing blows the roof off a stadium like a Globetrotteresque multiplayer trick shot dunk in a big game. It's high risk, because if it fails you might get benched and hurt the team's chances to win. If it succeeds, the reward is pure bliss and pandemonium in the arena.

Reaction Score
youtube's kwintin williams
Sadly this should be not for discussion. Sadly again I think he had one less than pedestrian dunk in an actual game. Easily one of history’s( that’s all history) greatest contest format dunkers. In a game. Non existent.

Reaction Score
Watch an NBA game some time and count the guys who are freakier athletes than Andre. It'll be a short list.

His high school coach has said repeatedly that if he quit basketball tomorrow he'd be in the Olympics doing some track and field event in 4 years. Don't hold it against him that he makes it look easy.
"Watch an NBA game some time". Okay there, buddy!

You mean like this one?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
"Watch an NBA game some time". Okay there, buddy!

You mean like this one?

Right, so there is a probability/certainty that Morant is a better athlete at the NBA level than AJ.

He's on the short list. The upcoming pissing contest will be how many players in the NBA constitutes "the short list"? You got somewhere around 450-500 players on active rosters, injured or 2-way contracts. So top 5% of players is a short list? That gives you 20-25 players or less than one per team. Top 2%? That drops you down to 8-10 players.

Anyway, y'all enjoy the sniping back and forth of what constitutes "freakier" and what constitutes "short list of players".

Reaction Score
Can’t think of anything more terrifying than getting dunked on by Adrien. Bone chilling.

He always seemed to be good for at least one put-back dunk per game on the boards.

Reaction Score
Right, so there is a probability/certainty that Morant is a better athlete at the NBA level than AJ.

He's on the short list. The upcoming pissing contest will be how many players in the NBA constitutes "the short list"? You got somewhere around 450-500 players on active rosters, injured or 2-way contracts. So top 5% of players is a short list? That gives you 20-25 players or less than one per team. Top 2%? That drops you down to 8-10 players.

Anyway, y'all enjoy the sniping back and forth of what constitutes "freakier" and what constitutes "short list of players".
I guess I am just not enough of a UConn jocksniffer to think our sophomore kid is on a short list of quite possibly the finest collection of athletes in any professional sport.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
So many good dunkers over the years. My short list would be 1. Stanley and 2. Dyson. I do believe that if AJax makes the league he will be invited to the dunk contest as a rookie.

Reaction Score
AJ's dunk at the start of the G'town game was pretty epic.

Reggie!! Reggie!! Has AJ ever made reference to Mr. October #44?

Butler
I also like DePriest and Burrell

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I guess I am just not enough of a UConn jocksniffer to think our sophomore kid is on a short list of quite possibly the finest collection of athletes in any professional sport.
I think it smells good. But maybe that’s just me.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
1. Stanley
2. Rudy
3. Everbody else.
I think you can throw a blanket over Donyell, Sticks and Rudy and not be wrong.

edit: I thought this thread sounded familiar

Reaction Score
From a degree of difficulty, Bouk’s alley-oop against ECU was the most impressive dunk in school history.

Reaction Score
I think you can throw a blanket over Donyell, Sticks and Rudy and not be wrong.

edit: I thought this thread sounded familiar
Yup, it's a yearly thread.

Reaction Score
Marcus Johnson

Sid Wilson was a great dunker as well, but not better than Andre. I remember a story about him having an impressive dunk in practice, leading Jalen Adams to exclaim,"Heyooo Jelly Fam!"

Dan Hurley didn't like that.

Reaction Score
Sort of off-topic, but I think this team would be a dramatically better dunking team with better passes. We have the athletes, but it seems like we struggle a bit with timing and location. It has been better lately though.
Yes. Watch that Stanley Robinson videos. Besides his incredible putbacks look at all the nice passes and lobs he received.

Reaction Score
Stanley #1 easy

The between Ray, Donyell, Rudy, Caron (underrated), Hakeem, Charlie V .... AJ maybe later on.

Tony and Ben very good for 6’2 guards for sure as well.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I was in the student ticket overflow section for that Donyell dunk back in my UConn attending daze.
It was great to see live right in front of us.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
My man Sticks. Good call on Doug Wrenn, even though he was only here for a year. What a freak athlete, it is really a shame he could not keep his head on straight. It really limited his career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom