Top 3 UConn dunkers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 UConn dunkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
This Dyson dunk (which was waved off, criminally) was sick:

That was such a bad call. Its not even close. Jerome is up in the air before the guy even gets to the spot and tries to slide under him.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score

Not saying he was the best (draw between Rudy & Sticks), but how on earth was Drummond not mentioned yet? Dude was a manchild and made the over the top of defense alley oop seem way too easy. That put back slam vs Cuse in the BET was insane

Reaction Score
Drummond & Okafor threw down many in traffic, rim rattling dunks! Loved those!

Reaction Score
@uconngb Agree with Nolan as being one of the worst, but ironically having one of my favorite dunks all time at the Garden against Michigan State.
Loved the outcome, but I cringed when I watched that happen. Phil was at half court and Giffey was literally standing under the basket waiting for a pass.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun was asked last week during the SMU game telecast - Who was his best dunker and the best he played against. He said Rudy was the best, and I can't remember who was the best he played against......

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun was asked last week during the SMU game telecast - Who was his best dunker and the best he played against. He said Rudy was the best, and I can't remember who was the best he played against.
Dominique Wilkins at Georgia

Reaction Score
Gordon was underrated. I think it was in '04 when we lost at Pitt and towards the end, in a half court set, he had this casual-as-hell drive and left handed dunk. Made it look so easy for a 6'2 guard.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That was such a bad call. Its not even close. Jerome is up in the air before the guy even gets to the spot and tries to slide under him.

I was at MSG and couldn't believe it. When I got home I rewound and watched it like 20 times in a row. I'm still pissed off about it.

Reaction Score
Ray Allen had a dunk at BC in 95 where he split 2 defenders and dunked from 2 or 3 ft inside the foul line. It was sweet. Too bad you tube wasn't around then. Ray Allen has some sick dunks in 95 and 96. Very underrated dunker, made it look easy.

Reaction Score
We've had some good ones, I'll say Stanley (of course), then Rudy and then Scotty:

This was really the only good thing to come out of this game.

I remember how pumped it got me and I thought there was a smidgen of a chance that Uconn could come back, but I think MSU went down and got a quick bucket right after this dunk.

It's still the best dunk I can remember by a husky.

Reaction Score
Gonna throw two cents in for Amida. Dude looks like a condor catching those lobs - he always seems to dwarf the defender, and then throws it down hard. It may not be as vertical as some of Stanley's stuff, but it's just as impressive in a different way.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
1. Rudy Gay
2. Stanley Robinson
3. Marcus Johnson
4. Edmund Saunders
5. Ben Gordon

Reaction Score
Nothing gets me amped like a Boatright dunk

My favorite part of that lob from Bazz was the ensuing "timeout." It was just a stoppage of play that was unexplained, like the refs were looking for the trampoline Boat used. Also, you can hear the announcer say "no basket" about five seconds after the dunk and they take the points away from Uconn. Then he later changes it to "timeout on the floor."

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
1. Rudy Gay
2. Stanley Robinson
3. Marcus Johnson
4. Edmund Saunders
5. Ben Gordon

Edmund Saunders would dunk like the rim owed him money. Tony Robertson looked like he was shot out of a cannon at times. Marcus Johnson had a sick dunk in a losing effort against Indiana, if memory serves. Gay was the most graceful and probably the best athlete to ever play at UConn.

Reaction Score
CV had some sweet dunks, but my vote goes to Rudy.

And it still pains me to think that we didn't win a title with that team.

Reaction Score
His game dunks are pretty tame but Boat's display at his freshman year dunk contest alone puts at least near the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom