Top 3 Things You Want To See Tomorrow Against Creighton | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Tomorrow Against Creighton

Reaction Score
1) A seamless continuation of the last game with great defense and switching and great passing and movement on offense.

2) Nika and Evina- Please shoot the ball from the outside when you are open even if you miss your first 2 shots.

3) More minutes for Aubrey with a solid all around performance by her and Mir to get at least the same minutes as last game.

Reaction Score
1 CW continuing her recent breakthrough, having fun, and keeping involved.
2. Paige not showing any bad effects from the ankle injury and continuing to be Paige.
3. Liv to continue with her new found passing and driving to the rim without putting the ball on the floor to be taken away.

I'd also mention things about E and Nika but I only have 3 :rolleyes:.

Reaction Score
1. To shoot well from the perimeter as a collective group.
2. AE & Paige to have a double doubles. Pts/Reb and Pts/Ast
3. Fast start to the game by the starters.

Reaction Score
1. Olivia maintain active feet for defense and offensive variety.
2. Christyn continue to hit mid-range shots and keep driving to the hoop for layups and short jumpers off the glass.
3. Everyone keep up foul-free defensive pressure.

Reaction Score
1. Continuing development of team chemistry - the evolution of greatness, determination, & the complete concentration on the task at hand.
2. Tandems - How Nika sees Paige is open just as Paige becomes open, & zips her a very quick pass for an easy basket. We should be able to see how much easier it is to score now. The evolution of good cop, bad cop - Aaliyah & ONO - the increased points provided as they work together, & the impenetrable defense they provide together. The dynamite defense provided by Aubrey & Mir - What will this team be like if they both develop a dependable shot?
3. Think about Liv becoming a great passer, with a team full of shooters.

Reaction Score
1) Offensive & defensive game of the year out of Creighton to provide serious competition.

2) Offensive & defensive moves to shut down / counter anything Creighton does. :mad:

3) #2 providing a decent amount of PT for the bench. ;)

Reaction Score
1). Increased offensive pace.
2). Continued intensity of defense. I miss that old 40 minutes of Hell defense Arkansas (men's basketball) use to run. If UConn can go 30 minutes of intense defensive pressure, that aggressive mindset sets the tone for the offense. Intensity of the defensive end.
3). Anna getting some minutes...if she is healthy. Just a few minutes out there.

Reaction Score
1. Continued effort on defense
2. Continued ball movement and player movement without the ball
3. Evina and Nika taking pull up jumpers in the lane when the defense sags off them anticipating a pass.
With the Blue Jays being a small team Olivia and Aaliyah should get a ton of work inside. I’d like to see Olivia with 15 rebounds she tends to wander away from the basket when shots go up. I would like to see at least a 20 point game from one of our Biggs. I would like to see Evina resume her outside shooting to build her confidence beyond the arch I think the team is going to need her points from there to spread the court for CW, AG to drive the lane and put pressure on the Opposing Biggs. UConn should out rebound the Blue Jays by at least 20 tonight. Good luck ladies. 87- 54

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
1) One of those 10-0 game start runs Renee Montgomery was talking about before the first TV timeout
2) An Autumn signing as Spring starts to take hold in the North East
3) Double - Double for Aaliyah and 10+ assists for Paige.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I enjoy these threads - it's fun to see what other UCONN fans feel are important goals for each game.

For me, obviously not only a win, but a convincing win. Other than that, just continued high level play from UCONN's core players - especially Christyn and Olivia. They both seem to be in a good groove, in fact aside from Paige's last game shooting-wise, the whole team seems to be in a good groove, except maybe for Aubrey.

So I guess for me, 3 things...
  1. Christyn, Olivia, Liya to continue with their high level of play
  2. Evina and Paige to rediscover their shooting touch
  3. Aubrey and Nika to play better - for Nika, stop with the "highlight play" passes.

Reaction Score
Continue to lock-in on the 7 player rotation and get that rotation firing on all cylinders defensively and offensively so UConn is ready for the BE tournament and NCAA Tournament

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1. Paige's shooting touch returning, big-time.

2. Christyn and Olivia playing great all-around games.

3. Another double-double for Liya.

4. Lots of playing time and effectiveness for the bench. (My bonus pick.)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
1. A win. Some here are worried about Creighton. I'm not.

2. No injuries

3. A continuation of the offense and defense development.

Reaction Score
1. Fewer ref calls away from the ball
2. Anna back for 10 minutes
3. Four players in double figures

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member