Top 3 Things You Want To See Sunday Against North Carolina | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Sunday Against North Carolina

Reaction Score
A win and no injuries are always included, so here are my top 3 other things:

1) The freshmen, all 4 of them, to limit mistakes on the offensive and especially defensive end by boxing out and switching quickly.

2) Paige to assert herself and demand the ball.

3) Everyone to move, move, move on offense.

This is a big game for us and one that will tell us a lot about where we are right now.

Reaction Score
#3 the players move on offense, with their heads down, from one side of the arc to the other. Watch old Larry Bird videos: if you weren't looking for the ball, you got hit in the head with it.

Reaction Score
My three things I want to see are:

1). Balanced offensive attack by UConn.

2). Players shooting & playing with confidence.

3). Playing with poise out there. It is going to get physical but match their physical play with poise and confidence.

Reaction Score
#3 the players move on offense, with their heads down, from one side of the arc to the other. Watch old Larry Bird videos: if you weren't looking for the ball, you got hit in the head with it.
So true. Ash looks for the ball the way Caroline used to which is great. I hope Nika and KK will look for her more. Another 3 point shooter who can drive and pull up helps Paige.

Reaction Score
They match up well with the NC players as far as size is concerned so this will be a great test of wills.
1. Fundamental soundness in the paint
2. Rotate the offense closer to the free throw line not above the top of the key
3. Coach like you want to beat a good team

Reaction Score
1-- Paige to play like the best wcbb player n America.
2--- Aaliyah to be the 2nd best player on the floor behind Paige.
3--- All of the remaining players to shoot the ball very well.

JBK

Reaction Score
1) offensive rebounds
2) do not let shooters get wide open looks.
We are giving shooters way too much room
3) KK getting more time at the point.

Reaction Score
It’s strange to even say this first one because I used to just assume it, but…
1. Paige has a dominating performance
2. Ashlynn and KK combine to shut down Kelly
3. Aubrey outplays Utsby.

Reaction Score
1. Nike returns to old tenacious Nika
2. Ashlynn gets more time on the floor
3. Stay healthy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

1) The freshmen, all 4 of them, to limit mistakes on the offensive and especially defensive end by boxing out and switching quickly.

This is a big game for us and one that will tell us a lot about where we are right now.
Considering where we thought we were going to be during the summer, that is really depressing.

Reaction Score
1 Ashlynn to continue playing with confidence.
2.The entire team: Move-there's too much standing still waiting for Paige to do her thing. Paige is still working her way back mentally. Make it easier for her by moving so she can hit you with a pass.
3. Aaliyah to be a rebound machine on both ends of the floor. It would be nice if a teammate or two would help her out too.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
1. Aubrey and Ustby covering each other much of the game. That will be loads of fun to watch.

2. Evidence that UConn has watched UNC film.

3. UNC with more turnovers than UConn.

Reaction Score
Like others have said winning and no injuries are ALWAYS a given.
1. The number of available players to be 12 (would be mildly satisfied with it being 11)
2. See the return of the crisp passing for easy assists
3. All available players get significant minutes to hone effectiveness against quality opponents

Reaction Score
-UConn guards to shut down opposing players. Getting tired of watching other teams driving past our guards for layups and fouls. Not sure why but this has been an issue for Nika in all of UConn's losses.
-New defensive system that limits opposition's outside shooting. Seems like every game recently, Huskie competition has its best shooting performance. While many focus on rebounding, it's the shots that go in that worry me more.
-UConn to limit its dribbling out past the key. UConn has a great midrange game this year and can't afford to see its offense stagnate out past 30+ feet. Geno had a few new wrinkles the last game - would love to see a few more.

Reaction Score

Whether Paige gets the ball often is regulated by Geno. The Freshmen are playing well, for Freshman. Crisp passing demands experience with the other players--it is not super natural. In the case of Passing--practice make crisp. Right now the Freshmna have 100 things to keep in heir minds--they are good for their time playing with each other--TIME takes time.\
I want no injuries\
A score above 60
Above all I want a win.

Reaction Score
-UConn guards to shut down opposing players. Getting tired of watching other teams driving past our guards for layups and fouls. Not sure why but this has been an issue for Nika in all of UConn's losses.
-New defensive system that limits opposition's outside shooting. Seems like every game recently, Husky competition has its best shooting performance. While many focus on rebounding, it's the shots that go in that worry me more.
-UConn to limit its dribbling out past the key. UConn has a great midrange game this year and can't afford to see its offense stagnate out past 30+ feet. Geno had a few new wrinkles the last game - would love to see a few more.
The best TEAMS UConn had for stopping driving guards, an annual issue, was when we had Stokes or Dolson as blockers. Guards drove on Stokes at their own risk. With out more than Edwards back there --guards shall drive.

Reaction Score
1. Aubrey and Ustby covering each other much of the game. That will be loads of fun to watch.

2. Evidence that UConn has watched UNC film.

3. UNC with more turnovers than UConn.
Doubling down on watching film!!

Reaction Score
1 Ashlynn to continue playing with confidence.
2.The entire team: Move-there's too much standing still waiting for Paige to do her thing. Paige is still working her way back mentally. Make it easier for her by moving so she can hit you with a pass.
3. Aaliyah to be a rebound machine on both ends of the floor. It would be nice if a teammate or two would help her out too.
You reminded me: Me to stop calling SHADES Katelynn (My great grand daughter)--it is ASHLYNN--remind me!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom