Top 3 Things You Want To See Saturday Against Indiana | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Saturday Against Indiana

Reaction Score
1. Denise Brooks and Maj Forsberg in striped jerseys.
2. Pam Ward, Deb Antonelli and Holly Warlick announcing/commentating other games.
3. UConn hitting threes and getting in the opponent’s faces on their three point attempts.

Reaction Score
I don't think that is going to happen, unless there is a rule where 8 players are allowed to play at the same time.

1. Win
2. Limit T/O's and fouls
3. No one gets hurt
I have seen an unusually high number of
games where the opponents start eight players. Three of them have striped shirts.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interesting that Indiana shot 51% last night and Princeton shot 34%. How did Indiana only win by 1 point?

Indiana turned the ball over 17 times to Princeton's 8, and Princeton grabbed 10 offensive boards to Indiana's 1. One offensive rebound for the entire game. The result was 19 more FGA for Princeton which allowed them to stay close despite the FG% difference.

If we can pound the Hoosiers on the boards and turn them over, I really like our chances.

Reaction Score
1. Maintain your composure--don't get too high, don't get too low
2. Breathe, relax, you got this, you've done this before
3. Know your role, play your role and have resiliency to know you're going to recover whenever you make a mistake

As you can see, most all of the things I'd like to see are mental aspects and not basketball-related such as defense and rebounding. That's because whether or not UConn wins against Indiana is entirely up to UConn, IU is entirely in UConn's wheelhouse, it's a strategic, well-mechanized team like UConn, only UConn does this better.

As I've said before, it's style that makes for match ups and IU's style makes for a good matchup for UConn. To use a boxing analogy, no one ever out-boxed Ali, you might outslug him as Frazier did, but you were not ever going to outbox Ali. Similarly, rarely if ever, does a team ever out-mechanize Geno and beat him at his own game...
1. As Geno noted, team were too hyped up from the home crowd environment. Cut the hype down. Play ball.
2. While Point 1 is accomplishing, PLAY UCONN BALL as usual, nothing fancy!
3. (This might be a bizarre thought from me): NIGHT GAME effect ?? This season Husky didn't play a home game that late @9PM as against UCF. Could that affected some of the players ? If this is the case, go to Point 1, and 2, just play UCONN BALL !

Reaction Score
1.Paige being the pre injury Paige.
2. CD get her mojo back.
3. CW hit the open shooter on the arc.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
1. Lay ups that go

2. Foul shots that go in

3. Big players using more muscle

Reaction Score
2. Pam Ward, Deb Antonelli and Holly Warlick announcing/commentating other games.
Could we add Stephanie White who emulates Pam's whine accent and ramble. ;)
I would personally enjoy college communication majors doing the games as they would deliver the facts and nothing more. The present announcers / commentators make the game about their in depth knowledge of all things both teams. Ranting on like radio play by play not respective of the fact we are watching the game.

I don't care if the opposing coach's parents were binge watchers of Petticoat Junction. That or their star players father was the equipment manager for West Overshoe St football. Simply give the facts needed pertaining to play. Who was the foul on? Was it a travel or a carry? What was the call?
Which they sometimes do get to a few plays after ending the ramble, thus interupting another play.
Sad to have to use the mute so much on such a beloved game for me. I'll keep watching but have been doing much less listening.

Reaction Score
A good switching defense outside like we saw in the big east tournament,
make those layups,
and move quick to the long rebounds!

Reaction Score
This is but:

I rescued a sick stray cat today, and I found my diamond earring I thought was gone forever.
I feel that this bodes well for a good outcome on Saturday.
I do too. Sounds like you fortunately get one karma payback per good deed, so can you keep them coming?

Reaction Score
1. Fast start
2. Being more aggressive, not being tentative
3. More playing time for CD
4. Bottom line is a WIN

Reaction Score
1 Continued defensive intensity
2 Make the layups
3 More player movement on offense (get assists up to 70%)

Reaction Score
This is but:

I rescued a sick stray cat today, and I found my diamond earring I thought was gone forever.
I feel that this bodes well for a good outcome on Saturday.

Great job! How is the cat doing?

sun

Reaction Score
1. Stop Indiana penetration.
2. Control the defensive boards.
3. UConn needs to limit their turnovers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom