Top 3 Things You Want To See Monday Night Against Villanova | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Monday Night Against Villanova

Reaction Score
As many here have already mentioned...

1). Get Caroline the ball in the post. She seems unstoppable there, so run it over and over again until someone does!

2). With all the talent on this team, it's unbelievable that they can't get the ball to Caroline when she cuts wide open through the lane (again and again).

3). Caroline's contributions throughout this season definitely warrant more than the 15 minutes she played against Marquette.

Reaction Score
1. Wear the dress whites - you never know what might impress the selection committee or some future superstar watching the game.
2. Ball denial. They elevate and shoot very quickly.
3. Take down the nets and send them to SC along with a short note expressing our desire to see them soon.

Reaction Score
Some perspective:

1. This is Paige's 3rd game in three days; yesterday, she was a little out of sorts (for Paige), so I would caution on being able to do the things she did in the Georgetown game. Of course, she is Paige, so you never know. I don't think Geno is going to start her.....maybe by the Regional SFs when they are likely to be shipped out elsewhere and they have had longer practice times with her.
  2. Azzi is a shooter in the Steph Curry mold....she will keep shooting as if she made all her shots against Marquette. I don't worry about her.
  3. Caroline? She is adjusting to playing a supplementary scorer role or more like, anybody can score at any time when open. She is rushing her wide open shots but does very well in post-ups. She has to slow the game down like she did when she was starting. Not a question of deserving to play more minutes because of past contributions but more of how the mixing and matching are working out for the greater benefit of the team (she is playing like she knows it but has to learn to slow down the game for herself).
All the rest are doing well. This team is full of competitive women - certainly the 9 in the main rotation - so, I don't give Villanova a chance. One caution: just because you young women are amped up for revenge, don't rush....slow the game down to your comfortable level (I know, you as a team are training to play fast in preparation for the NCAAs but keep it within your comfort level).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. More shots going in
2. Continued strong defense
3. Paige getting back in her groove

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'd like to see more minutes for Paige, Azzi, and Ducharme. UConn needs to start getting the NCAA rotation dialed in. Shorten the bench so our best players can start getting into a good rhythm. Those three players should be playing a minimum of 30 minutes a game once we get into the NCAA tournament.
I don't think that Paige will be playing any 30 minute games until maybe the final four. Geno stated the other day she is limited in play for a while, and they aren't going to rush anything. So that may mean the whole tournament.

Reaction Score
As many here have already mentioned...

1). Get Caroline the ball in the post. She seems unstoppable there, so run it over and over again until someone does!

2). With all the talent on this team, it's unbelievable that they can't get the ball to Caroline when she cuts wide open through the lane (again and again).

3). Caroline's contributions throughout this season definitely warrant more than the 15 minutes she played against Marquette.
Right. She is the perfect player to pass to. She never stops moving and she is usually taller and more athletic than her defender at the 3 spot. It was no accident she was on fire when she was starting and everyone was looking for her.

Reaction Score
1A.) A Win with no injuries
1B.) A well rounded game where 4 or more UConn players are in double figures and we win the rebounding battle by a margin of around 10
2.) Better shooting % from Paige and Azzi than yesterday
3.) Any uniform but the grays. I'm convinced those things have some kind of curse on them. They always result in the strangest games.

Reaction Score
1. Keep up intensity, both defensive and offensive for all 4 1/4s.
2. More minutes for Dorka if she is physically able. She adds so much to the flow and the team just looks and seems to move better when she is in.
3. Although I’d like to see Nova in the dance (Crème says they need a “good” loss, which he says is 10-15 points) and they deserve to be, A Blowout!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
1. Intensity/energy
2. Suffocating Defense
3. Paige Azzi and Caroline do what we've been waiting for to happen. Score alot of points at a great percentage

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
A Win. If Nova is hitting their shots it won't be easy. Marquette got a lot of easy open looks in the 2nd half.
Azzi and Paige hit 50% of their shots.
Evina continues to look to score regardless if her teammates are hitting their shots or not.

I'll add a 4th Olivia Nelson-Ododa has an effective day on offense and scores around 15 points.

Reaction Score
1. a big win
2. all players stay healthy
3. Caroline gets her 3s to fall and scores 20+

Reaction Score
I'd like to see more minutes for Paige, Azzi, and Ducharme. UConn needs to start getting the NCAA rotation dialed in. Shorten the bench so our best players can start getting into a good rhythm. Those three players should be playing a minimum of 30 minutes a game once we get into the NCAA tournament.
I choose to disagree. I think each of those nine players is critical to our success. I think our edge this year is likely to be staying fresh, and putting relentless pressure on opponents who can't do that. Paige is not going to be "the best player in the land" by NCAA tournament time, despite our hopes and prayers. She will help and is an important piece to the puzzle. But we need wave after wave of great personnel on the floor. And we need someone ( or more ) to get hot at various times. It is the only way.

Reaction Score
I choose to disagree. I think each of those nine players is critical to our success. I think our edge this year is likely to be staying fresh, and putting relentless pressure on opponents who can't do that. Paige is not going to be "the best player in the land" by NCAA tournament time, despite our hopes and prayers. She will help and is an important piece to the puzzle. But we need wave after wave of great personnel on the floor. And we need someone ( or more ) to get hot at various times. It is the only way.

Reaction Score
I said Paige, Azzi, and Caroline should play a “minimum” of 30 minutes each per game. Those minutes could be increased if warranted by the situation.

Reaction Score
1. A decisive win to show that the earlier loss to Villanova was an anomaly.

2. Force Nova to play more uptempo than they want by trapping them and turning them over.

3. Solid shooting inside the arc, outside the arc, on layups, and on free throws. It's time to play crisply and as error free as possible.
Even if I disagreed with anything you said, which I don't, I would still give you a "like" for "anomaly".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom