Top 3 Things You Want To See Friday At Xavier | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Friday At Xavier

Reaction Score
1) No more injuries, diseases, etc. That includes all coaches. Geno, lay off the seafood in Cincinnati. A couple of glasses of red would be ok.
2) Within the matrix of the offense it seems that Nika and Ayliah seem to play really well off each other.They pass better, shoot better and play smarter. Keep them on the floor together as much as possible.
3) Liv chill out and get better. Caroline, if you're medically cleared, return to the court.

Reaction Score
Nika's foot getting better.
Caroline getting back in the game.
Olivia resting her groin.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
These were my "Top 3 Things" vs. Villanova, DePaul and Marquette:

"I'm raising the bar...
1) A dominating performance involving all the key players. No exceptions.
2) UConn's defense stifles [INSERT BEST PLAYER HERE]. A hallmark of all the great UConn teams of the past is the ability to take the opponents best weapon out of her game.
3) High energy start to finish- HARD cuts, CRISP passes, hands in the passing lanes, getting the 50-50s, tenacious in-your-face D."

We saw pretty close to NONE of this vs. Villanonva (other than Christyn and Azzi). Against DePaul we had a different "dynamic duo" which was great, and more defensive energy in general. A step in the right direction. Versus Marquette that 4th quarter was exactly what I want to see. That surge was more than just making shots, we rattled them with our energy and pressure. THAT is what I'm talking about. 40 minutes of that, no matter who is well enough to play, will dominate the Big East and make us competitive with the very best. It's gut check time, and we've got some catching up to do to match up with the best teams. I honestly feel this team has it in them.

Reaction Score
I would like to see the following.

1. UConn to score more points than Xavier
2. Xavier to score less points than UConn
3. No injuries

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
1. Intensity energy focus
2. confidence
3. execution poise

Reaction Score
Team:
1. Convert layups
2. Limit turnovers
3. Aggressive takes to hoop / Not settling for the 3 when lane open

Individual:
1. Nika-- Sustaining her dribble & taking shots in flow of offense aside from wide open 3's
2. Aaliyah-- Reverting to recent improved play at level of her teammates
3. Extended PT for Amari & Piath given weak opponent

Reaction Score
1. Rest Nika's foot and Liv's groin
2. Caroline comes back and maybe some minutes for Paige
3. Whoever plays, excellent execution.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
1. Rest Nika's foot and Liv's groin
2. Caroline comes back and maybe some minutes for Paige
3. Whoever plays, excellent execution.
Paige has been ruled out for this weekend. Next week maybe some minutes?

Reaction Score
Paige has been ruled out for this weekend. Next week maybe some minutes?
Hmm, I haven't seen anything definitive on Paige being ruled out. Was this an official UConn statement? I'll be at the XL on Sunday, but I can't make Wednesday's game. I was really hoping to see Paige play. Actually, all of us are hoping to see Paige play :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hmm, I haven't seen anything definitive on Paige being ruled out. Was this an official UConn statement? I'll be at the XL on Sunday, but I can't make Wednesday's game. I was really hoping to see Paige play. Actually, all of us are hoping to see Paige play :)
Reported multiple times on the BY that Geno said this on the Bob Joyce Coach Show

Reaction Score
Paige or not...it's time to play a complete dominating game on both ends of the floor. Take no prisoners and show everyone that...the dog is back in town.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Considering that Xavier is short-handed, I'll add another wish: hold Xavier to single-digits in every quarter.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Reported multiple times on the BY that Geno said this on the Bob Joyce Coach Show
I listened to the Coaches Show last night and Geno did say that Paige will not be playing this weekend. As far as Liv and Caroline, he said that they practiced some on Wednesday and as far as tonight and Sunday, they are still in the "day to day" category.
However if we have learned anything this season it's that we have to wait until game day/time to actually know who is available.

Reaction Score
I hope to see everyone in action (except probably Paige) and that leads to this:
1 have no injuries or illness
2 See excellent UConn basketball regardless of who is on the floor
3 And of course a big win!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1. Caroline and/or Liv play a bit and play well.

2. Nika set the tempo and rip the ball away from the opponents.

3. Azzi on fire. She's just getting warmed up. She can score from everywhere.

Hmmm.

1. Check. Caroline was quite good.

2. I think E got the steals.

3. Ok, Nika and Piath were on fire. Azzi was efficient, though, and shot 60% from the arc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom