Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Texas On Monday Night | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Texas On Monday Night

Reaction Score
This is the first big game of the toughest schedule in the nation and these are my top 3 things:

1) A win.

2) The same confidence and movement on offense by everyone we have seen so far.

3) Our bigs ( Aaliyah, Dorka, Ayanna and Aubrey too) winning the battle under the boards.

One thing is for sure, Gampel will be rockin'.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
1) Lou getting revenge on TX
2) Azzi at the heart of stomping TX like she did to another group of oranges (TN) last year.
3) Caroline playing so well, the debate of who starts between Lou and Caroline heats up.

Reaction Score
Excellent start to the convo by all. My three things I would like to see are:

1). Poise under pressure. Don't panic when Texas applies any pressure. Just don't rush and start throwing the ball all over the place.

2). Like @Ozimoto said, keep that same defensive intensity going. Don't back down. Make Texas players feel uncomfortable when they get the ball.

3). Keep that offensive balance going. Rotate the ball and if a driving lane is open or a three-point shot is available, drive the lane & take the shot. Do not hesitate. Get Texas in foul trouble early and handle business.

Reaction Score
1) Lou getting revenge on TX
2) Azzi at the heart of stomping TX like she did to another group of oranges (TN) last year.
3) Caroline playing so well, the debate of who starts between Lou and Caroline heats up.
YES, on all three! Having all three of them just having one of those games where the rim is like an ocean, every shot goes in.

Reaction Score
1. A win. As high as Texas is ranked, they still have a lot of new pieces and unknowns.
2. Caroline Ducharme.
3. Solid rebounding from the bigs. Texas has some bigs that really attack the glass, it will be interesting to see how our frontcourt does against size.

Reaction Score
-Solid rebounding. Dorka gets aggressive on the boards
-Muhl cuts down on her fouls
-Aubrey plays just as well as she did against Northeastern. I know she is capable to do even more, but to come off the bench and make a few shots, get a few steals, rebound well, etc. is all we need.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
-Aubrey plays just as well as she did against Northeastern. I know she is capable to do even more, but to come off the bench and make a few shots, get a few steals, rebound well, etc. is all we need.
Aubrey is back and dangerous. She said in an interview 2-3 weeks ago that she felt great, like her old self with no restrictions. It didn’t look like she was favoring her back yerterday. Aubrey can go off at any time. She knows the system, she’s confident and mature. Aubrey is a double-double waiting to happen.

Reaction Score
1. Good floor game by Nika. I think her ability to handle any pressure, make good decisions, and knock in open shots is the key.
2. Azzi finding space for open shots, and knocking them down. She has the ability to break open a game.
3. Avoid foul trouble. The rotation is pretty short right now.

Reaction Score
Aubrey is back and dangerous. She said in an interview 2-3 weeks ago that she felt great, like her old self with no restrictions. It didn’t look like she was favoring her back yerterday. Aubrey can go off at any time. She knows the system, she’s confident and mature. Aubrey is a double-double waiting to happen.
Totally agree. After she made that pull up and then that 3 the rest of the game was gravy as far as I was concerned. In 24 minutes, 13 points on 6-7 shooting, 5 boards and 2 steals. I don't think we remembered how big she plays. At 6'1" with long arms she gets deflections and touches at any given moment.

I'm still thinking we are a few games away with her until she gets all of her timing back but it looked pretty good last night and I would say and if she even plays like that consistently she will impact every game she is in. She is a real weapon.

Reaction Score
This is not aimed at you but rather the larger ”Muhl and her fouls” many posters. Muhl is obviously an extremely aggressive defender, she lines up ball handlers for steals and has very quick hands. To me at least, it is very obvious that aggression rubs off on her teammates and has a tangible affect on team defense. The downside of that aggression, especially going for steals, is being called for fouls; you can’t have both. She had three fouls last night, one of them what appeared to be an utterly ridiculous call on the 3 on 1 break. I say appeared to be because I did not see a replay so she may have done something after passing not apparent to me live.
Anyway, this generally is a non-issue to me, mostly because I think the upside far outweighs the down and I think she has shown she can play intelligently with fouls if the situation calls for it.

Reaction Score
Five players with double digit in scoring
Five players with five plus rebounds
At least three players with five assists
Like your thinking…but, would add, win the rebounding battle, and keep Harmon from penetrating.

Reaction Score
Playing against a Vic Shaefer coached team is never easy...............Looking for Azzi and Lou to continue their scoring along with tough front court play from Dorka, Aliyah and Patterson with Aubrey and Nika causing havoc......... a solid Ducharme game (if she plays) might be a difference maker......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom