Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Texas On Monday Night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Texas On Monday Night

Reaction Score
Nka, Aubrey and Aaliyah totally disrupting the Long Horns offense
Aziz, Lou and Carolina making the nets snap
Dorka, Aaliyah and Ayanna dominating on rebounds

Reaction Score
1) Lou getting revenge on TX
2) Azzi at the heart of stomping TX like she did to another group of oranges (TN) last year.
3) Caroline playing so well, the debate of who starts between Lou and Caroline heats up.
I'll be surprised if there is debate & hope I'm not wrong. A healthy Caroline will start over Lou all season. I thought we missed her last evening. Lou will get plenty of minutes throughout.

Reaction Score
1. Win the turnover battle
2. 6 players with double figures scoring
3. Win the rebound battle

Reaction Score
1. Win the rebound battle
2. Dorka going up big. She is a big girl. Still needs to learn how to dominate the boards. Needs stronger arms, upper body or something? After 5 years of college b-ball she still brings rebounds down rather than keeping the ball up. That just won't work in the W.
3. Azzi shooting at least 7 3's, plus good, strong drives to the rim

sun

Reaction Score
1. Use our press effectively.
2. Effectively deal with the Texas press.
3. Don't give Texas too many foul shots.

Reaction Score
1) Caroline healthy
2) Ayanna emerging as a defensive force and rebounding machine
3) Azzi to keep penetrating and getting to the rim or pulling up. We will need her to be able to create her own offense more.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
1) Lou getting revenge on TX
2) Azzi at the heart of stomping TX like she did to another group of oranges (TN) last year.
3) Caroline playing so well, the debate of who starts between Lou and Caroline heats up.
Lou will be very difficult to get out of the starting line up. And why would anyone want her out. I don't think at this point there is a debate.

Reaction Score
1. Our bigs stay out of foul trouble

2. Hoping there wil be three decent refs instead of three REFugees from a nearby Holiday Inn whose specialty is calling phantom fouls. Since this is a nationally televised game between two top 20 teams Texas 3/7 and UCONN 6/19 this should be an easy wish to fulfill.

3. Healthy Caroline.

Reaction Score
This is not aimed at you but rather the larger ”Muhl and her fouls” many posters. Muhl is obviously an extremely aggressive defender, she lines up ball handlers for steals and has very quick hands. To me at least, it is very obvious that aggression rubs off on her teammates and has a tangible affect on team defense. The downside of that aggression, especially going for steals, is being called for fouls; you can’t have both. She had three fouls last night, one of them what appeared to be an utterly ridiculous call on the 3 on 1 break. I say appeared to be because I did not see a replay so she may have done something after passing not apparent to me live.
Anyway, this generally is a non-issue to me, mostly because I think the upside far outweighs the down and I think she has shown she can play intelligently with fouls if the situation calls for it.
If you are a Muhl fan, you want her to remain on the floor as much as possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom