Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Tennessee Tomorrow Night | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Tennessee Tomorrow Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish Pat could come back from "Heaven" or "Hell" to be coaching tonight

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
  • wire-to-wire dominance
  • more good minutes from Nika and Mir
  • 7 or 8 in double figures
- oh yeah, an uncomfortable silence from the chat room doom sayers

Reaction Score
Just for giggles I went to Volnation and I didn't see anything especially hateful. In fact, many posts were reasonable and respectful. Interestingly, the majority of people on that site are picking UCONN to win.

You must be reading the wrong thread. Because they are definitely talking trash about Geno and more specifically Evina.

Reaction Score
I was not a great basketball player in my youth, but I never heard the crowd (such as it was) when I was on the floor. Too busy trying to do what I was supposed to do in the game.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Remember I talked about Tenn and how my feelings havent changed much since the 37 NCAA page violation. Well some of you are getting a taste, small taste of what their fans are like and the grudge they hold. Im just hoping that tonites game is clean and doesnt have 40 fouls called on UConn. Tenn has new players and a new coach but the same fans and administration. BTW your reading VOL Nation. If you really wanna see attitudes go to the Summitt board but you have to pay to belong??????????

Reaction Score
I’ll be very interested in reading an account of the overall fan reaction during the game from someone in attendance. I would like to read that there were no acts of verbal abuse or fan misconduct.
I would have to get really bored to hop on Volnation tomorrow for any post game reaction. I expect an amp'ed up college atmosphere, but what would you expect? There was a post speculating if Westbrook would play "dirty" with a couple of replies. Nothing that IMO rises to "hateful". We speculate on rough play here on the BY by opponents too. Not necessarily hateful. I'm certainly not a Vols fan, and I haven't done any analysis of "win" expectations, but I'll stand by my statement that the majority of Volnation had the realistic expectation of a UCONN victory. FWI, Volsnation has way too much orange for my tastes and today was my first day lurking on the site. There was a poster that said UCONN did not sell out Gampel last year. That game was played at the XL with 12,00o to 13,000, but not a sell out.

Reaction Score
You must be reading the wrong thread. Because they are definitely talking trash about Geno and more specifically Evina.
Geesz Geew. Don't back me into defending anything orange. If fact one of my favorite DT moments was when she punched the basketball upright during the game and when asked afterward she said she just wanted to "hit something orange". Also when she hit the 70 foot shot at half time and the over the head backward pass to the trailer for an incredible assist. I was there for the 70 foot shot and the backward over the head assist. Just trying to prove I'm not a Vol spy.

Reaction Score
Geesz Geew. Don't back me into defending anything orange. If fact one of my favorite DT moments was when she punched the basketball upright during the game and when asked afterward she said she just wanted to "hit something orange". Also when she hit the 70 foot shot at half time and the over the head backward pass to the trailer for an incredible assist. I was there for the 70 foot shot and the backward over the head assist. Just trying to prove I'm not a Vol spy.

I didn’t mean it that way. There are a few threads about the game. Vol spy... never crossed my mind

Reaction Score
Crystal didn’t play in last year’s SEton Hall game. I think Molly Bent started.

I have no idea how good this year’s UConn team is. Honestly, I’m hoping for a win. I see no evidence that this year’s team is capable of laying a 30-point beatdown on Tenn in Knoxville. Wins like that against good teams were during the Halcyon days of UConn basketball. We’re not there right now.

I think this year’s Tenn team is slightly better than last year’s team, though still with its flaws.
I don't know about a 30 point beatdown but I think this team is better. How about the Memphis game of last year? Nothing this year imo was as bad as that.

We'll see. I'm not expecting a close game though. Over a dozen. Last year's team just knew how to play one way imo - hit the 3's or that's it. They could beta a Tennessee type without being very effective from 3 but it would be very tight.

I think this year's team can beat a good opponent inside, can beat the opponent mid-range, and can bet tthem from 3. And this year's team doesn't have to rely on "Molly Bent" or Kyla Irwin."

Reaction Score
This UCONN team is much better than last year's if judging at the same number of games and has something last year's team didn't. Depth, and a lot of it. We also have a second true inside player in AE, and multiple players who can play point or the 2 and handle the ball and pass well. We have more team speed as well. We also have several good new defenders in Evina, Mir, AE and yes Nika who just needs to learn American defense better and of course Paige who can do it all. This is also not the same Aubrey as last year as several of us predicted over the summer and early fall. The last game was the tip of the iceberg for her. Please remember that we are behind several weeks in development due to several games being cancelled: some against important opponents whose games would have been revelatory. Tonight will tell us a lot I think. Expect the press early.

I don't care as much about the press as you do. But I do agree with your reference to depth - I made a similar statement and referred to it as versatility. IMO UCONN has more ways to win-- including the press. I think as you this team is better. Though I don't know about a 30 point beatdown. I have no idea about the scores but I don't expect it to come down to the stretch.

Reaction Score
Yes I hope the Huskies press early .. at least some of the time, I would like to see a 2-2-1 press with Mir&Aubrey on top, and Paige&Evina in the back row [as interceptors] and Liv, of course, protecting the rim.
And yes BBall, we DO have excellent depth and can afford to foul but but still keep the pressure on.
This season, every team is "behind in development", eh? We are all in the same boat, so that factor cancels out.
I was only referring to a comparison with last year. Agreed that everyone is in the same boat except that we have not played the early scheduled ranked and challenging teams and that is a a negative towards development in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom