Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Syracuse on Monday At 6:00 p.m. | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Syracuse on Monday At 6:00 p.m.

Reaction Score
This will be a much different game than the last one against Jackson State. Syracuse beat Notre Dame twice, has a very high level scorer in Dyaisha Fair and is a very physical team. With that said, here are my top 3 things:

1) Nika now needs 2 assists to break the all-time record set by Moriah Jefferson. Let's do it in style Nika by having a great all-around game.

2) Paige - Just more of the same. The last performance was stunning. We will need it again tomorrow.

3) Stay out of foul trouble.

There are many more I am sure. What are yours?

Reaction Score
1. A "W"
2. As Geno says " Paige, Aaliyah... and someone else steps up... (or some "two"!.. ASH ++ ? , ICE!!)
3. Nika gets her assists..... multiple!!

Reaction Score
While it is true that Syracuse beat ND twice, you need to remember that ND had some missing pieces or damaged pieces (Citron and Westbeld if I remember correctly) when they played. I'm hoping for:
Defensive intensity with good help
Offensive efficiency
Stay healthy and have fun

Reaction Score
I am still confused at how they beat Notre Dame, not once but twice! With that out of the way, the three things I want to see are:

1). Assertiveness on both ends of the floor. Set the tone!
2). Confidence
3). Competitiveness- Control what each player can control, which is compete. Crash the boards, sprint the lanes, box out, want those 50/50 balls, and playing pressure defense. Just compete and control what you can control, which is your effort.

Let's go, UConn!!

Reaction Score
I like to express my hopes in terms of specific player and that’s harder to do with this game. But here goes:
  1. Ice finds the range
  2. Ash stays hot from 3
  3. Aaliyah avoids fouls and gets her double double.
All the rest will fall into place if we get these three things.

Reaction Score
1. From this game on and hopefully beyond …Paige needs to take the open shots and not pass to other players ….there is no one including Clark I rather have shoot the ball specifically when wide open
2. If Ice gets big minutes stop shooting from the outside and shoot under the basket and mix it up
3 And Arnold as she has done well lately don’t drive and force drives against 3 or 4 players and take what is there ….

Reaction Score
  • Overall better officiating.
  • Stop overlooking obvious fouls especially on Paige and Aaliyah
  • Prevent Fair from driving left into the paint and taking an easy pull-up jump shot.
  • Put Nika one on one guarding Fair. Disrupt her dribbling. Get in her face and follow her everywhere.

Reaction Score
Plenty of teams beat ND and Syracuse matches up very good with them especially with the size. UConn lost to ND but basically forgot that there was 4 quarters and stopped after 3 in what was a very close game. This game will come down to fouls and second chance points.

UConn must play good defense and not get out of position for rebounds
They can't allow the guards to penetrate at will and get to AE who is vital to the win
Make the extra pass and it the open shots

Reaction Score
A WIN and no injuries.

1. Limit Fair's points to a season low.
2. Minimal fouls and TOs.
3. The freshmen play lights out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads