Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Seton Hall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Seton Hall

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
1) A win
2) A resounding win
3) A bone crushing, spirit sapping, why did we welcome these guys back into the BE win, in which everyone who’s healthy gets court time, and we crash the boards on offense.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
1) Despite the margins of victory by UCONN in the two games last season there were ugly aspects of both game that need to be corrected. The ugliness included 20 and 19 turnovers , 3PT FG of 25% and 27% , being outscored by SH in two of the first 4 quarters of the 2 games & a lack of defense that help to elevate Parker-Lane and AEH to All Conference performers.
I really can't stomach another BY thread hyping up AEH and telling us what a mistake Geno made.

2) I'm looking for controlled anger from this team-anger as in "I'm pissed off" and looking for someone to take it out on and I'm sorry (not really) but you SH is the next team on schedule.

3) I'm looking for more than enough playing time for everyone's favorite UCONN player so as not to have a series of pity party post game threads wondering why Geno is not utilizing the bench and why "My" favorite player is not getting enough playing time.
Ditto. Good post Coco. :cool:

Reaction Score
A-B-C-(D)on’t think there’s much they can do against a weak opponent that will lead me to believe that they’re anywhere near where they need to be, even this ‘early’ in the season.
Well, maybe a 30 point win with players 6 through 12 getting half the minutes.
And that still won’t erase the fold against SC in the 4th quarter- a top team cannot be held to THREE POINTS!
And, yes I AM a fan.
What should I believe, undeveloped potential or what my Lying Eyes saw?
Coach ‘em UP Geno.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It looks like we're all on the same page. We basically all want the same thing. I personally identified with each and every one of these posts. I’d like to see UConn open a LARGE can on Seton Hall, play with a sense of urgency and some semblance of defense.

Win by 20+ mov, and hold them to less than 50 points. Let the Hall and the rest of the Big East know up front what kind of year it's going to be because UConn is playing with a chip on their shoulder. Is that asking too much? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Now that Thanksgiving is behind us and Christmas is coming, there are so many things to ask for! :D

I'll keep it simple:

1. Aubrey to be healthy and in the game.

2. Paige to play like the best player in the nation.

3. Someone else for UConn to play like an All-American: Christyn, Evina, Liv, Liya, Azzi, Dorka, anyone.

Reaction Score
1) Will we be able to defend against quick guards who can get in the paint and either finish or kick it out for an open 3
2) Will the much hype bench additions not Azzi who's supposed to be the next big thing but the pieces who were going to strengthen like Dorka and Caroline produce
3) Will the Seniors besides Evina finally step up and not rely on a sophomore to carry the team

Reaction Score
1. Defense
2. Rebounding
3. Fewer turnovers.
We rank #236 in the NCAA in scoring defense, #213 in rebound margin and #321 in rebounds per game, #268 in turnover margin, and #223 in FG% defense.
By contrast our FG% is #1 and assists per game is #6, but turnovers per gams is at #72 So our offense is not awful, but we need to clean up the turnovers and do better on the offensive boards

Reaction Score
Love And Hip Hop Reaction GIF by VH1

I have it on good authority that Amari will not be carrying the clipboard. With Saylor's departure someone has to step in and lead the high five celebration after made 3pt FG and it is my understanding that Amari has been nominated.
Don't know if Amari is the right one for the 3 point high fives. Too tall, she'd have to reach down and most everybody would have to reach up.
Molly and Autumn were just the right size.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lauren Park-Lane and Andra Espinoza-Hunter (former UConn player) are held to under 10 points each. Lauren scored 29 points in first game against UConn last year. She only scored 5 in the 2nd Game. Andra did not play in the 1st game and scored 15 in the 2nd game.

I would like to see both Aaliyah and Olivia score 10 points each and dominate the boards. Along with scoring and dominating the boards, I would like to see the Post players keep Sindney Cook (former Miss St and Mich St) under control.

I would like to see Azzi Fudd more involved in the offense. She was over her head in the So Carolina game and was ineffective. That limited her minutes. She needs to be a reliable player off the bench regardless of the team UConn is playing.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
1-- Azzi Fudd play great.
2-- Dorka play great
3-- Evina play great
4-- Edwards play great
5-- Nika play great
I'm giving you a like, even though you cheated and gave us 5 things to hope for, because I also agree with them! ;)

Reaction Score
1. Evina triple double
2. Nika gets 20+ minutes and is highly efficient
3. Paige 3-5 or greater from 3

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Some tickets.

Anyone have any spares?

Reaction Score
1. Play with intensity for 4 1/4s, regardless of who is in. No let up.
2. Less turnovers
3. Rebounds…box out.

CL82

Reaction Score
As of right now no, but if someone bows out I will let you know. Where do you live?
Morris county.

Thanks! I appreciate it!

CL82

Reaction Score
I may have one. I will know by tomorrow. You've been to Walsh before when it is sold out? Bring earplugs.
I’ve only been once before for a Notre Dame game. I think the atmosphere will be a little bit better on Friday

Reaction Score
Things that I want to see on Friday.

The Team out there playing. That is it! I just want to see UConn players out there playing and developing their confidence for those that need to develop their confidence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom