Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Seton Hall | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Seton Hall

Reaction Score
I will be at the game looking for these top 3 things of mine:

1) Total team boxing out by starters and subs.

2) Non-stop movement as a team on offense.

3) Aubrey returns to play on her father's home court.

What are yours?

Reaction Score
1) Liv keep up the intensity and see if you can TAKE another charge or two.Let someone else's big sit for a quarter with foul trouble.
2) If Liv, Dorka and Ayleeah can't find the glass try Piath for 10 whole minutes and... don't we have someone named Amari on the team?Or is she only there to carry Autumn's clipboard? Is Geno saving her for January? February? She gets even fewer minutes than Caroline.
3) Can somebody, (Paige, Christyn, Evina) at least TRY to keep Lauren Park-Lane in front of them rather than letting her do whatever she pleases?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
1) Liv keep up the intensity and see if you can T :eek: AKE another charge or two.Let someone else's big sit for a quarter with foul trouble.
2) If Liv, Dorka and Ayleeah can't find the glass try Piath for 10 whole minutes and... don't we have someone named Amari on the team?Or is she only there to carry Autumn's clipboard? Is Geno saving her for January? February? She gets even fewer minutes than Caroline.
3) Can somebody, (Paige, Christyn, Evina) at least TRY to keep Lauren Park-Lane in front of them rather than letting her do whatever she pleases?
Love And Hip Hop Reaction GIF by VH1

I have it on good authority that Amari will not be carrying the clipboard. With Saylor's departure someone has to step in and lead the high five celebration after made 3pt FG and it is my understanding that Amari has been nominated.

Reaction Score
1) Liv keep up the intensity and see if you can TAKE another charge or two.Let someone else's big sit for a quarter with foul trouble.
#3 UCONN should gnat her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So lots of great things mentioned by folks so I will throw a few others out there...
  1. Nika and Aliyah to start finding their groove from last season. Both IMHO have taken steps backwards and I hope to see steps forward now
  2. Even if it's not a blowout, less PT for the starters and more extended PT for the subs. Give them a chance to actually get into a groove both offensively and defensively. And stop with the fast hook if they make a mistake. Coach them while on the floor and see if they learn instead of benching them.
  3. Noticeable improvements on defense - not just rebounding, but also help side and team defense.
    1. That includes rotations when a guard is beaten on the perimeter as well as 3-point defense
    2. It also includes making adjustments DURING the 1st half, not letting a player(s) go off from deep with no changes till after halftime

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
1) Despite the margins of victory by UCONN in the two games last season there were ugly aspects of both game that need to be corrected. The ugliness included 20 and 19 turnovers , 3PT FG of 25% and 27% , being outscored by SH in two of the first 4 quarters of the 2 games & a lack of defense that help to elevate Parker-Lane and AEH to All Conference performers.
I really can't stomach another BY thread hyping up AEH and telling us what a mistake Geno made.

2) I'm looking for controlled anger from this team-anger as in "I'm pissed off" and looking for someone to take it out on and I'm sorry (not really) but you SH is the next team on schedule.

3) I'm looking for more than enough playing time for everyone's favorite UCONN player so as not to have a series of pity party post game threads wondering why Geno is not utilizing the bench and why "My" favorite player is not getting enough playing time.

Reaction Score
I'll be glad at the end of the night UConn will have played their 5th game of this season. :rolleyes:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
1. If a starter screws up, take her out
2. Intermingle subs one at a time with the starting five
3. Stress MENTAL play as well as PHYSICAL play

Reaction Score
1) Despite the margins of victory by UCONN in the two games last season there were ugly aspects of both game that need to be corrected. The ugliness included 20 and 19 turnovers , 3PT FG of 25% and 27% , being outscored by SH in two of the first 4 quarters of the 2 games & a lack of defense that help to elevate Parker-Lane and AEH to All Conference performers.
I really can't stomach another BY thread hyping up AEH and telling us what a mistake Geno made.

2) I'm looking for controlled anger from this team-anger as in "I'm pissed off" and looking for someone to take it out on and I'm sorry (not really) but you SH is the next team on schedule.

3) I'm looking for more than enough playing time for everyone's favorite UCONN player so as not to have a series of pity party post game threads wondering why Geno is not utilizing the bench and why "My" favorite player is not getting enough playing time.

I really like your #2. IMO we havent seen the old take-no-prisoners UConn in quite a while. Not talking nasty or trash talking or arrogant. Just something like, "Hi. We're UConn and we're here to beat you!"

It has often seemed like the team is playing not to lose rather than to win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom