Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Louisville On Sunday | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against Louisville On Sunday

Reaction Score
As the team evolves and continues to reinvent itself I am assuming strong performances once again from Liv and Evina and with that said, these are my top 3 things:

1) A win, but perhaps more importantly, a sustained effort for 4 quarters on both offense and defense;

2) Continued contributions and more comfortability with solid games from both Dorka and Caroline;

3) CW to shoot pull ups, get to the rim, play defense and leave everything else behind mentally;

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
1. hitting outside shots mainly Caroline Evina and CW
2. poise we have been rushing our shots ala CW and Caroline
3. Our big to continue to crash the boards

All this happens and we win by double digits. We have the height and shooters and they need to make it happen.

Reaction Score
As the team evolves and continues to reinvent itself I am assuming strong performances once again from Liv and Evina and with that said, these are my top 3 things:

1) A win, but perhaps more importantly, a sustained effort for 4 quarters on both offense and defense;

2) Continued contributions and more comfortability with solid games from both Dorka and Caroline;

3) CW to shoot pull ups, get to the rim, play defense and leave everything else behind mentally;
You nailed it.
1. Definitely a win. Don't care how. We must keep grinding out wins till everyone starts to come back.
2. Dorka and Caroline must contribute. Not be tentative. We need them.
3. Last year when especially in the tournament, when CW drives to the basket and focuses on defense, somehow her offense begins to flow. She needs to focus on that first and then her 3's will come.
Thank God E came back this year.

Reaction Score
1). Seniors stepping up. Being leaders out there. Setting the Tone.
2). Intensity. Playing Like Their Hair is on Fire!
3). Win The Day. Meaning focus on the things that they players can control, boxing out, winning the 50/50 battle for loose balls, playing defense, and playing to their individual strengths.

If I see those three things, I am good.

Let's go, Huskies!!

Reaction Score
obviously a win & health...
1. I'd like to see Caroline get the start again. Do some more of her funky yet effective drives to the hoop. high efficiency in 30+ mins
2. Dorka builds upon her last game
3. 3 seniors play like a core 3 (evina, ono, cw)

Reaction Score
Bully-ball with the Huskies dishing it out!
Lots of picks with layups and 10' shots resulting
Great defense - shut down the 3's

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mostly, I want to see a win and no more injuries. But here are some specifics that should help them get a win:

1. Dominate the boards. Out-rebound Louisville by at least 10.

2. Make at least 10 threes.

3. Shoot at least 80% on FTs. It's time to master the fundamentals.

Reaction Score
1. good shot selection
2. be tough on the boards - both ends
3. poise, don't wither inthe 4th quarter
4. stay focused, be gritty and tenacious. they are a good defensive team so keep punishing them with all of the above
5. win

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
1. Hold Louisville under 35% from the field.

2. We take at least 20 free throws (preferably 25 or more) and make 75% plus of them.

3. Williams gets back on track with 18+ points, and double figures for Edwards.

And a win, of course, but that will take care of itself if all of these things happen.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
1- Win or lose, that we put up a great fight to show that we are still relevant, even without Paige.
2- Protect the ball at all costs, don't give them extra shots at the basket
3- Good contributions from Caroline, Dorka, and AE

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Progress. Determination. Some damned threes!!

Reaction Score
Bully-ball with the Huskies dishing it out!
Lots of picks with layups and 10' shots resulting
Great defense - shut down the 3's
Bully-ball?
With an injury depleted team?
Sounds like a recipe for foul trouble.
This ain’t hockey or lacrosse.
No man down package.
How about boxing out- getting rebounds-being smart with the ball (limit turnovers) and work for a good shot?

Reaction Score
1 Dominate the boards both offensive and defensive.2 better percentage on our threes.3 The team gives away 6 to 10 points on Missed bunnies so stop missing the bunnies. They’re called layups for a reason. I think if AE returns to form She could be the difference maker in this game.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
1. SHOOT the ball when you are open
2. CW: don't drive into the lane with 2 or more defenders surrounding you
3. Caroline and Dorka to keep improving

Reaction Score
Vegas has UCONN favored by 3 over Louisville in their opening odds. That might reflect UCONN being the home team. Louisville is ranked higher, but oddsmakers still have respect for the Huskies.

Reaction Score

I would like to see a reflection of the full week of practice ( aside from the distraction of exams ) UCONN has had. Remember, there was almost no time between when Paige got injured, and the team faced Ga. Tech and then UCLA. In other words, what UCONN did in the third quarter against UCLA might be the basis for four quarters, heading forward. And that would be a good thing.

That being the case, I want to see Caroline become more comfortable as a starting guard for UCONN. She is already getting there, and has had little experience on a relative basis. But she can hit those drives and outside shots with regularity. Can't wait for that. It is a true joy watching her gain confidence.

We essentially have a six player team at the moment. I would like to see balance. Maybe all six in double figures. Let's see a clear and effective offense supported by the typical UCONN shut down defense.

We all want to see Amari get more exposure. I am still bummed she missed that lay-up against UCLA ( great pass to her from Dorka?). And, I am a secret fan of Piath....eagerly awaiting her arrival as a " force" in the middle. I suspect, however, I am in for a long wait for that wish to come true.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
1) no new injuries

2) Aaliyah plays like it's last year

3) 5 threes and 5 rebounds for Caroline

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Caroline gets even more comfortable and aggresive on both sides of the ball.

Dorka is a rebound machine and scores 16 or more.

E gets 8 assist and scores 18 or more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom