Top 3 Things You Want To See Against DePaul on Monday Night | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Against DePaul on Monday Night

Reaction Score
After a slow start against Butler, but a demonstrative win nevertheless, here are the top 3 things I want to see against Depaul on Monday night:

1) Aaliyah and Dorka to stay out of foul trouble and also to challenge Morrow to play defense;

2) Ayanna back and contributing;

3) A win.

We are heading into a tough stretch of our season so let's play strong and together and keep it going Huskies!

Reaction Score
Here's a more DePaul specific wish list from me.

1. Don't give Morrow so many easy Free throws. Just make her shoot over our long arms. She gets like half her points at the FT line. Dorka and Amari, I'm looking at you.

2. That Yanna plays, and boxes Morrow out with ferocity.

3. That Amari sinks a couple 3s.

Reaction Score
Who’s seen DePaul play?
If UConn continues to play the kind of defense they’ve been playing, it won’t take long for DePaul to get impatient. I personally think they are not connected to their coach. Even the star player is out there hoisting up 3’s, when she shoots 10% from 3. They look like rec league. No discipline.
Good D by UConn- discipline inside against Morrow, some fronting the post and attachment to shooters, I think it’ll play into UConn’s strengths- running game and early offense.
They’re not connected enough to clog the middle of any other such strategy. They’ll try to uptempo a better uptempo team and “I’m melting…”

Reaction Score
1. Huskie energy and synergy wearing down the Blue Demons
2. Please, another healthy HUSKIE player on the floor: YANNA? CAROLINE??
3. a win, always a win (and for this year, no more injuries).

Reaction Score
Don't downplay or underestimate DePaul. We need wise, composed, strong defense.
1 Yanna covering Morrow, let her learn what D1 is all about at its best
2 Return of Caroline. Her head trauma should be subsiding. We need her desperately
3 Keep developing Amari with PT. She will be invaluable against Stanford and S. Carolina
Go Huskies....

Reaction Score
2 Return of Caroline. Her head trauma should be subsiding. We need her desperately
3 Keep developing Amari with PT. She will be invaluable against Stanford and S. Carolina
Go Huskies....
Exactly. They're a hustle team at their best, and those are the teams that give us trouble, at least in the first half. Last year, when we played them in Chicago, we only managed to win on a last second basket from Caroline. They kept it close by out-hustling us to every loose ball. We won the second game last year, and we did it by a large margin, and it was mainly because we out-hustled them and Dorka and Aaliyah didn't try to block Morrow's shot. They just made her shoot over them. Morrow's all about getting fouled on blocked shots. Let's hope Dorka and Aaliyah remember the lesson from last season.

Reaction Score
Go Huskies....
I'm rooting for Caroline as much as anyone, but it looked like she left the bench a few minutes before halftime and I never saw her afterward. She was there at the game's start, and halfway through the 2nd quarter she was still there on the bench, wearing her glasses and following the action and cheering her teammates on. But after that, I never saw her again on the bench. When players subbed and went to the bench and high-fived everyone, it was easy to notice she wasn't there. Maybe there was some other reason for her absence- she deserves a break

Reactions: mmt

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
1. Execution
2. Poise
3. Energy

I am looking forward to seeing how we stack up against Morrow...and how Morrow stacks up against UConn

Reaction Score
1. Geno to expand his Geno Jiggle dance ( more effort )
2. The Magnificent 7 do it again
3. Watch Morrow on our passes to the elbow she like to steal that pass. No lofty type passes and the offensive player must come to the ball. She will go for the steal all the time.

Reaction Score
I just realized I teach an evening class on Mondays. I guess I'll have to wait for @MJL243 to post the video to see anything.

Reaction Score
1. Long minutes from Amari & Ines. It was accurately remarked in the prognostication thread that this needs to happen to rest starting five for the gauntlet ahead.
2. Hopefully Patterson also back for useful stretches (Caroline is less likely to be ready, I think)
3. The above can't happen unless they play to Geno's satisfaction/tolerance level. Geno demands UConn basketball, no matter what the lead. He will put all the starters back in pretty quickly, otherwise. Recent play from both Amari and Ines has made this a reasonable expectation. Patterson was regressing (from a higher level than those two, I would claim) so I don't know what to expect; just good health would be a good place to start.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I have been looking forward to the Edwards/Morrow matchup. Aaliyah ver. 2023 is a way different player than the last time we played DePaul. I don't know how Morrow's developed since then. I'll just reflect what others have said... If Morrow scores 40 on layups it is less of a problem than if she racks up the fouls on our bigs and gets 20 from free throws. We have to be smart, confident, focused and hustle our butts off.

Reaction Score
1. Value the ball like they did in the last 3-1/2 quarters of Butler game (after 13-4 Butler advantage).
2. Better offensive flow from the outset. Geno indicated that was their problem at start of Butler.
3. Out-rebound them even if Morrow gets double digit rebounds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom